[mod] Far Eastern Cultures CK3

Far Eastern Cultures CK3

title-big.png.7f9d36d5940cc9ff7de0ccb964e161f9.png

A mod that adds far-eastern cultures and religions to CK3, as well as adding some dead religions.

Currently, it adds Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Cantonese, Malay, Javanese, Batak, Achanese, Cham, Thai and Khmer cultures and the Shinto and Muist religions. It also adds Celtic Paganism, Basque Paganism, Egyptian Paganism, Atenism, Canaanite Pagnaism, Mesopotamian Paganism, Arabian Paganism, Roman Paganism (separate from Hellenism), Mithraism and Etruscan Paganism. It also adds new Gypsy cultures, and an opportunity to hire Gypsy and Jewish courtiers - currently as a decision, with plans to reintroduce the old CK2 events later.

The mod also adds sacred languages for religions, like Latin for Catholicism and Sanskrit for Hinduism.

Discussion topic:| Git Repository | Discord group | Compatibility patch for Human Phenotype Project

The mod depends on Carnalitas Dei. Extra credits to ç—• for letting me use his assets from Chinese headgear and clothing.

FAQ:

Is this mod save-game compatible?

Obviously not.

Can I use your mod as part of my mod? Or recycle any other parts of your mod for mine?

Yes. You don't even need to ask. Just do it. Sure, crediting would be nice, but otherwise, feel free to.

Just what the heck does this mod do?!

Originally, this mod started off as exactly what it is called, as of now - "Far Eastern Cultures & Religions for CK3". It added certain Far-Eastern cultures into the game (namely Japanese), originally intended to be nothing more than a dependency of a personal mod of mine called "LulzMod" (a mod that simple adds me, my personal friends - some of whom are Japanese - and some joke stuff into CK3. It was before the ruler designer!). As time went on, the scope of the mod expanded. I started adding in dead religions that obviously weren't Far-Eastern (Basque, Egyptian, Mithraism, Etruscan, Ashurism, Canaanite, etc.), I brought back the Jewish courtiers from CK2, added Gypsies, started adding new Christian denominations, new religious doctrines, sacred language doctrines, new traditions, etc. I also took the liberty to re-implement features of mods that I loved but stopped being updated, such as the pet preferences mod.

All in all:

• New offmap Far-Eastern Cultures, such as Japanese, Ainu, Korean, Vietnamese, Cantonese, Thai, Khmer, Malay, Batak, Cham and Javanese
  • New Chinese clothes (taken from a mod that stopped being updated with the permission of the author, ç—•) for Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures
  • Dead religions rescurrected: Celtic, Egyptian, Semitic, Mithraic and more!
  • Hire Jewish courtiers
  • Borrow money from the Jews!
  • Hire Romani spymasters, if you live in an apropriate region!
  • New regional traditions for East Slavs, Hungarians and Dravidians
  • New cultures: Icelandic, Albanian, Crimean Gothic, Arpitan, Moravian, Székely
    • Italian is split into Romagnol, Tuscan, Laziale, Umbrian, etc.
  • Cultures and religions have authentic localized names, rather than Modern English
  • Sacred language doctrines for religions, including Latin for Catholicism
  • Expanded religious doctrines: final disposition, afterlife, syncretism,  various tenets turned into doctrines, etc.
  • More Christian denominations: start the Protestant Reformation 500 years early, if you wish! Resurrect dead denominations like Ebionitism, Pelagianism or Donatism!

At this point, the name "Far Eastern Cultures & Religions" doesn't even do this mod justice! In fact, the focus has shifted so much, that the offmap East Asian cultures - that are only accessible via the Ruler Designer - are merely the icing on the cake, with the mod being more like a general culture and religion overhaul mod.

Maybe a name change is in order?

Holy sites?

• Shinto: Socotra, Maldives, Dakhina Desa, Ras Hafun, Suzhou
  • Muism: Socotra, Maldives, Dakhina Desa, Ras Hafun, Suzhou
  • Celtic: Ynis Mon / Anglesey, Orleans, Wiltshire (because Stonehenge), Lugo, Breifne, Vannes
  • Egyptian: Giza, Asyut, Qus, Alexandria, Cairo,
  • Basque: Navarre, Viscaya, Labourd, Bordeaux, Andorra
  • Hellenism: Athens, Sparta, Alexandria, Lesbos, Knossos/Chandax
  • Mithraism: Rome, Yazd, Sparta, Alexandria, Carthage
  • Roman: Rome, Ravenna, Baalbek, Montpellier, Carthage
  • Etruscan: Firzente/Florence, Rome, Augsburg, Grisons, Lesbos
  • Ashurism: Lalish, Baghdad, Damascus, Antioch, Colonea
  • Canaanite: Jerusalem, Baalbek, Acre, Carthage, Antioch
  • Al-Asnam / South Arabian: Mecca, Aksum, Aden, Yamama, Bahren

Requires Carnalitas Dei and Carnalitas Mundi. Sorry not sorry, puritans.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, cniht said:

If we have Carnalitas Mundi what's the load order and recommended with the patch?

Also:  What's the holy sites of the religions?  Possible that can be shared in the description?

1. The recommended load order would be: this:

1. Carnalitas

2. This mod

3. Carnalitas Mundi

4. This mod's compatibility patch for Carnalitas Mundi

2. Very well, I will share them:

Shinto: Socotra, Maldives, Dakhina Desa, Ras Hafun, Suzhou

Muism: Socotra, Maldives, Dakhina Desa, Ras Hafun, Suzhou

Celtic: Ynis Mon / Anglesey, Orleans, Wiltshire (because Stonehenge), Lugo, Breifne, Vannes

Egyptian: Giza, Asyut, Qus, Alexandria, Cairo,

Basque: Navarre, Viscaya, Labourd, Bordeaux, Andorra

Hellenism: Athens, Sparta, Alexandria, Lesbos, Knossos/Chandax

Mithraism: Rome, Yazd, Sparta, Alexandria, Carthage

Roman: Rome, Ravenna, Baalbek, Montpellier, Carthage

Etruscan: Firzente/Florence, Rome, Augsburg, Grisons, Lesbos

Ashurism: Lalish, Baghdad, Damascus, Antioch, Colonea

Canaanite: Jerusalem, Baalbek, Acre, Carthage, Antioch

Al-Asnam / South Arabian: Mecca, Aksum, Aden, Yamama, Bahren

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, megadoom41 said:

Cant play ck3 atm to test, does this attempt to make the cultures appear mildly accurate like your phenotype project?

Not really. At least, not to the extent of the Human Phenotype project. It changes the ethnicities of some cultures (namely Iranian and East Asian ones), but otherwise, it focuses on adding new religions and a few new cultures (none of which are playable without the use of console commands, such as the Japanese, Korean and Vietnamese).

There is a compatibility patch between the two mods tho.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 6:31 AM, Konstantin Branimir said:

Then, which cultures has this mod added & tweaked?

It adds the Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese and Cantonese cultures, and a bunch of dead religions.

The aforementioned cultures are only accessible in the ruler designer - no characters start with those cultures.

• 2 weeks later...

Unable to unlock samurai when playing as Yamato culture. Unlocked the innovation Bushido in High Medieval but it won't unlock an option for me to create Samurai.

Also noted that the innovation has no 'crunch' or 'game impact' text, only the flavor text. So it talks about the history of bushido but not the in-game impact it has.

I am missing the carnalitas mundi compatibility file so that may be the reason but at the same time, the compatibility file isn't available to download so not sure what to do there.

On 12/27/2020 at 9:21 AM, Ronnie21093 said:

Just to be sure, is this compatible with Carnalitas? Also, will this be updated any time soon?

It IS compatible with Carnalitas, tho it needs a compatibility patch for Carnalitas Mundi, which is also uploaded.

As for your second question - I haven't played CK3 in a while, and sadly won't have much time in the near future (work and studies), but I think it should be compatible with the newest version of CK3 already.

On 12/26/2020 at 10:28 AM, icehaku said:

Unable to unlock samurai when playing as Yamato culture. Unlocked the innovation Bushido in High Medieval but it won't unlock an option for me to create Samurai.

Also noted that the innovation has no 'crunch' or 'game impact' text, only the flavor text. So it talks about the history of bushido but not the in-game impact it has.

I am missing the carnalitas mundi compatibility file so that may be the reason but at the same time, the compatibility file isn't available to download so not sure what to do there.

Interesting. I guess I will have to check things when I have the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
2 hours ago, chumohua said:

Can you change the icon to a more uniform icon? The style now is too confusing.

What icon?

On 1/18/2021 at 1:23 PM, Ronnie21093 said:

When I go to download the compatibility patch, it says the files are unavailable.

image.png

Those files are all outdated. Btw, the mod now depends on Carnalitas Dei, but doesn't require Carnalitas Mundi.

• 1 month later...

there is a neat mod from cybrxkhan's Workshop for CKII - Harranian Immersion Pack: The Last Hellenic Pagans - that did a nice job in setting up a temple and academy to support and moved one holy site to them.  It added some interesting options in the Arabian Empire.  Something like that would be fun to see in CKIII if he doesn't make an equivalent for it.

• 5 months later...

The Royal Court is out, along with the 1.5.0 patch. 

This means both challenges (will have hell of a time updating FECR for 1.5.0 during the weekend) and also opportunities: plenty of opportunities:

• I plan to add a Sacred Language doctrine for religions, which will ensure that all the Catholic priests will speak Latin, all the Muslim Mullahs will know Arabic, all the Buddhist monks and Hindu priests will know Sanskrit, etc.
  • Romani/Gypsy cultures will have the appropriate languages. Still undecided whether to give them their own Gypsy heritage, or Indo-Aryan heritage.
  • Ashkenazi Jews should speak High German (Yiddish) instead of Hebrew. Otherwise, their religion will have Hebrew as their sacred language.
  • Possibly more cultures, like Coptic, Albanian, Icelandic, Geat, Crimean Gothic, Moravian, etc.
  • Anatolian Turkish and Azeri cultures will be removed, because they're redundant with the new culture mechanics of 1.5.0.
    • Alternatively, I will look into whether a new culture can be created via an event/decision.
  • Overhaul of some cultures - e.g. Slavic languages merged into one (because they were mutually intelligible at the time), Magyars at the time still being able to understand Mansi and Khanty, but the nonsense of Afghan and Alan understanding each other being removed (calling them Scythian is an insult anyway).
    • Possibly adding some effects to heritages? We'll see.
    • Also, more realistic effects to some of the cultural traditions? Or maybe, possibly more traditions. Once again, we'll see.
  • Maybe asking for permission to integrate the Chinese clothing and headgear into the mod?
Edited by Leaf the Elf
5 hours ago, BoltTank said:

All Chinese characters are currently naked for me, looked to see if I was missing any required mods and wasn't. Unless Chinese headgear and clothing is required, cause if it is its been breaking my game via making everyone wear the wrong clothing for both their position and culture/religion.

Strange, Chinese characters weren't naked for me, and Chinese Head and Clothing has been straight-up merged into the mod. updated for 1.5.0 too. Are you sure you're using the newest version of the mod? Either way, I will look into it later today.