Racemenu preset keeps resetting after loading

I've been using a preset from the R264 racemenu presets pack with slight tweaks.

However when I save with the character looking as they are supposed to, and then reload the save, the face is all messed up. 

I thought it was because I was switching to a Wood Elf race even though the preset was made with a Nord in mind, so I tried again with the race as a Nord instead, but that also didn't help at all.

The face even changed when a Sexlab event started playing out.

I tried updating to the latest version of Racemenu, but that didn't help either.

3 hours ago, DeliveryGod said:

I've been using a preset from the R264 racemenu presets pack with slight tweaks.

However when I save with the character looking as they are supposed to, and then reload the save, the face is all messed up. 

I thought it was because I was switching to a Wood Elf race even though the preset was made with a Nord in mind, so I tried again with the race as a Nord instead, but that also didn't help at all.

The face even changed when a Sexlab event started playing out.

I tried updating to the latest version of Racemenu, but that didn't help either.

Did you make sure to

a) make this the "default body" (that damned menu that pops up when you finish using racemenu) ? (which I presume applies to both the body and face

b) create a new game save after these racemenu alterations?

5 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

Did you make sure to

a) make this the "default body" (that damned menu that pops up when you finish using racemenu) ? (which I presume applies to both the body and face

b) create a new game save after these racemenu alterations?

There's a menu that pops up?

And by "new game save" do you just means a new file in general, or a whole new level 1 character?  Because I always make sure to never overwrite and always make a new save because I know that overwritting too much can cause problem in the long run.

Hmm.. there's a menu that pops up in my game. Perhaps its from BOSSE, although I'm not exactly sure. I read in another forum thread that it is SOP Skyrim SE behavior (when I suggested it was because of BOSSE), but perhaps the person who said that is wrong. 

YES, i just checked so I could create a snapshot for you, and it's indubitably from BOSSE, so unless you use BOSSE, which, based on your latest reply, presumably you don't, ignore my ramblings on that aspect.  Anyway, here's a link and a snapshot of what I see, just for clarity's sake

BOSSE

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21165

default_body_save_bosse.jpg.25baf9bce03cc9e4bcbee50ec89edf72.jpg

As far as "game save" goes, I mean create a savefile (save your game) wherever you are after you exit racemenu (as opposed to simply "saving your racemenu changes", since current racemenu changes are stored in your game save. 

1 hour ago, anjenthedog said:

Hmm.. there's a menu that pops up in my game. Perhaps its from BOSSE, although I'm not exactly sure. I read in another forum thread that it is SOP Skyrim SE behavior (when I suggested it was because of BOSSE), but perhaps the person who said that is wrong. 

YES, i just checked so I could create a snapshot for you, and it's indubitably from BOSSE, so unless you use BOSSE, which, based on your latest reply, presumably you don't, ignore my ramblings on that aspect.  Anyway, here's a link and a snapshot of what I see, just for clarity's sake

BOSSE

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21165

default_body_save_bosse.jpg.25baf9bce03cc9e4bcbee50ec89edf72.jpg

As far as "game save" goes, I mean create a savefile (save your game) wherever you are after you exit racemenu (as opposed to simply "saving your racemenu changes", since current racemenu changes are stored in your game save. 

Ah, yeah, I don't use that. But yes, I do save after exiting racemenu, but I still have the issue.

It seems others have the same problem, going by a couple posts on the Racemenu SE Nexus page, but so far no one has come up with a solution. I'm sure there's a conflict with another mod or something, but I don't really have any other body or face modification mods.

What is your "native" race. Is it different than the one you chose for the r264 preset?

If so, try this. (I'm guessing but bear with me) (if it works yay, if not, no harm no foul)

open a pre-change save. 

open racemenu

change only your race (to the one that the r246 preset will use)

save as a new preset

save changes

save game

close game

reopen game using save made above

open racemenu

apply desired preset

save as a new preset

save racemenu change

save game

close game

reopen game using newest save