Sign in to follow this  
sumik25

bodypaint clothes

hi would it be possible to make a mod for bodypainting which looks like clothes? I saw that it is on the sims 4 but unfortunately I did not find any mod textures on the sims 3. or possibly it can be somehow set in the game to make it look like this. and exposed full body but sexy outfit.

fe1f2afb52867b819e24383c83c1c57f.jpg

1 hour ago, sumik25 said:

somehow set in the game to make it look like this

As far as I know you can't, you would need create your own clothes with this effect.

Some clothes made by EA, like the swimsuits and some underwear, are painted directly under the naked body, you don’t notice it because the naked body lacks details like 3d nipples.

Swimsuit_3dNipples_tsrw.jpg

If you replace those meshes with one that has 3d nipples (like medbod, cmar’s naked torso, etc) you could “simulate” the effect of body paint. As I said this can only be made on very, very simple garments, those whose textures align with the uvmap from the naked body  so for example this dress from late night (afBodyEp3DressShortTight):

afBodyEp3DressShortTight_bodypaint.jpgafBodyEp3DressShortTight_UVmap.jpg

Of course this requires fixing some stuff like the shadows and the texture borders on the thighs.

could you give me a download how to do it? please? so that there are details of the navel, nipples and vulva?

First find a naked mesh with the details you want, for example MedBod has 3d nipples and recently PantyAnarchy added a vulva. Also you can search here for other options .

Then is just a matter of using TSRW for replacing the meshes, after finding a texture that fits.

So for now do the first part, find something you like.

20 hours ago, sumik25 said:

details

Now I understand what you asked me before! Cmar's mesh is a default nude replacement, and doesn't open correctly in TSRW. You will need to have S3pe to open the package and extract the mesh, and Meshing Tool Kit to convert it to something that will work in TSRW. Even then, not completely sure Cmar's sliders will work once the mesh is renamed from being a nude top??? MedBod may be your easiest route. As for texture details, many like Buhudain's textures... http://mahamudosim3.blogspot.com/2013/01/you-are-real-skin-normal-map-revision.html?zx=61776e9a5b685b83 

They are normal maps, which help create an illusion of 3d on flat meshes. There are several choices. For your purposes, they would be used to replace the normal maps in the mesh tab in TSRW.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the way some things work as well...

On more than one occasion, I've selected the naked outfit (everyday) to 'unlock' all possible clothing options. This enables me to select ANY other outfit choice besides everyday (which is now committed to the naked 'option') and use any combination of Upper and Lower clothing choices. Doing this gives me the possibility to choose the EA 'default' nude top and/or bottom. I know it's EA default due to the 'Barbie' thumbnail which also lacks any kind of CC icon in it's corner.

Although I've chosen these selections - The nude default body will appear with nipples and camel toe I chose as a replacement. If I used KW to change female into a 'futa' - choosing the female default naked bottom WILL result in a penis showing even though 'that' choice wasn't selected (and I do have that choice option in CAS as well)

>>>> Is it possible to take both of these selections into TSRW and copy/repaint them? Or will they default back to the replacement regardless - or - are these the same ones which won't 'open'?

I do have a couple of 'nude' meshes wearable as a clothing option besides the EA default - but these aren't affected by the nipple sliders while 'some' are affected by breast sliders. So my question pertains to the EA 'default' options. Because KW has a 'naked' outfit which ISN'T the same as THE default (equipped at a lot designated 'nude venue' yet follows the slider options defined for default-NO accessories) it seems there are a few mechanics involved.

On 10/18/2020 at 4:55 PM, landess said:

Is it possible to take both of these selections into TSRW and copy/repaint them?

Yes. However, Cmar's top nipple sliders (in my experience) only work with the unaltered nude top, which only gets skin textures applied. There is no mutiplier and no color option for nude body parts. I have made a duplicate in my game and renumbered it as nude non-default, and set it in CAS for everything else, while leaving the other as default nude top only. In this configuration, the sliders still work. However, to apply an image texture to that or any top, you must load a bra or similar in TSRW, and then replace the Barbie bra mesh with the Cmar mesh. Somewhere along the line of doing this, whatever bones Cmar may have added to her mesh are lost, and the sliders no longer work. Example is my naughty maid top. It is no longer a nude top, even though no texture is applied. It is in fact a 2 piece mesh, cloned from EA tank dress ruffle (or something like that). The set Josh made are accessories, so they can be used with his nude MedBod top.

Now, a long time ago, I actually did some work using CTU with Cmar's top, but for some reason, I can't get that program to work on this laptop, even if I tell it to run program in Win 8. So, I can't even try to duplicate that.

On 10/18/2020 at 4:55 PM, landess said:

KW has a 'naked' outfit which ISN'T the same as THE default

KW does some weird stuff. Fully Naked is whatever parts are set in your game as default. Naked Outfit is whatever you dress your sim as naked when using Master Controller naked outfit. This is how I set the nude bottom for my forest fairy to be with the hooves and no skirt. However, KW doesn't always choose to recognize that you may have selected Naked Outfit, and will then have the fairy, in my case, autonomously do a striptease, and end up with a default nude bottom and no feet. Similar probably happens with nude venues. KW has what it wants to do, and doesn't care what you want!

On 10/17/2020 at 11:56 AM, sumik25 said:

bodypainting

An update for you... I found the answer to CTU not working, it needed a directX runtime update. So, you would have to use the options screen to make sure that Cmar's top mesh is used as default by the program. Check various CTU pages for how to's... Using the nude top in CTU, you replace the images as necessary, and edit colors as you want, or can use overlays.

The texture can be for the entire body. I had problems applying texture to the nude default bottom in CTU, but can probably be done. In CAS, you choose the top you made that has the texture, then choose nude bottom. The top texture will show over the nude bottom. As both top and bottom are nude, if you are using Buhudain's texture, it should be what is used as the normal map automatically.

By using CTU for this, and as CTU only applies texture changes to the mesh referenced that must already be in your mods, the Cmar sliders will work.

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I found the answer to CTU not working, it needed a directX runtime update.

Definitely more than a pretty face.

638d187ff08d82a546978d3e993a01403f490cac

1 hour ago, landess said:

Definitely more than a pretty face.

🤪 We both know that there probably isn't much new regarding TS3, and it's simply a matter of figuring out phrasing for the search engine. )))) Pic didn't show?

Then sorting through all of the TS2 and TS4 stuff!!!!!!!!!!! As Google doesn't seem to know that 2, 3, and 4 are totally different numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plantsim outfit as body paint...

Screenshot-70.jpg.b7a1da6875eb7ca717b5e964009a0af0.jpg