Jump to content
kinderhoor

Basemental problem: Cannabis plants don't become harvestable

Recommended Posts

After my sim moved houses, her cannabis plants just won't become harvestable. I've tried replacing them with no luck. I even cancelled my gardening service just in case a bug was keeping the plants from going into inventory if harvested by the gardener. They're in season too (but indoors so it shouldn't matter).

 

They're all well taken care of and do grow in the sense that I can evolve them quite regularly and they are mostly at excellent quality by now, they just never become harvestable. Has anyone else experienced this?

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, kinderhoor said:

After my sim moved houses, her cannabis plants just won't become harvestable. I've tried replacing them with no luck. I even cancelled my gardening service just in case a bug was keeping the plants from going into inventory if harvested by the gardener. They're in season too (but indoors so it shouldn't matter).

 

They're all well taken care of and do grow in the sense that I can evolve them quite regularly and they are mostly at excellent quality by now, they just never become harvestable. Has anyone else experienced this?

Some kind of known bug prevents us from using weed plants or harvests when moving if you put weed plants in your household inventory.

Even had several things in my sims inventory like curing jars stop working, but this was a patch bug from sometime ago I think.

(Pretty sure it's a gardening bug from the game itself).

 

I've always had to start over and buy/plant new seeds from the planter boxes or order new on a Computer.

Also had to delete old weed jars and papers and order new ones before.

 

Never used a gardener before so that's an unknown for me.

 

I've sometimes moved my sim and left the old garden/lot as is and after moving went back to harvest from the old garden.

As long as your not starting a new game of course.

Works if you decide to start playing a new sim using the old save so you don't have to hunt down all the plants over again.

 

So the problem is caused when putting weed plants in your household inventory they quit working. 

I know starting all over is a PITA for evolving again.

Share this post


Link to post

Really appreciate this but sadly I already tried starting over with entirely new seeds without any luck :( No harm in giving it another go, though.

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, kinderhoor said:

Really appreciate this but sadly I already tried starting over with entirely new seeds without any luck :( No harm in giving it another go, though.

Odd because that's the fix I used before although with older game/BD versions.

 

Make sure you don't have any gardening mods as I think some of them can mess up the weed plants.

Share this post


Link to post

Finally figured it out! Buying the plants directly from Buy Mode and putting ithem n planters doesn't work, I needed to buy the uncured cannabis and plant it properly. Might come in handy to know for someone else at some point :)

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, kinderhoor said:

Finally figured it out! Buying the plants directly from Buy Mode and putting ithem n planters doesn't work, I needed to buy the uncured cannabis and plant it properly. Might come in handy to know for someone else at some point :)

Yes you have to click on a planter to purchase seeds just like all the other EA plant seeds.

Or you can order the seed packets on your computer.

Planting plants doesn't work.

Maybe I didn't explain it properly, sorry.  

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...