Actors Disappearing during/after Sex

On 10/13/2020 at 5:29 AM, gizmo1206 said:

Im not sure when it started but ive just noticed with all male npc's and creatures that during and or after sex they disappear but female npc's dont.

So any ideas what could cause that?

Once you have your first disappearing actor, close FalloutNV, restart it and load a previous save. A stuck token is breaking all animations, making actors disappear permanently.

This is due to limitations of the FalloutNV Engine, that wasn't build to handle so many scripts.

Best advise to 'combat' this, is to have a autosaver like CASM installed and save often, so you don't have to redo a lot of gameplay.

On 10/14/2020 at 2:40 AM, dborg2 said:

Once you have your first disappearing actor, close FalloutNV, restart it and load a previous save. A stuck token is breaking all animations, making actors disappear permanently.

This is due to limitations of the FalloutNV Engine, that wasn't build to handle so many scripts.

Best advise to 'combat' this, is to have a autosaver like CASM installed and save often, so you don't have to redo a lot of gameplay.

well guess its time to start a new game since my oldest save has that happen and file recovery doesnt seem only can recover a autosave that doesnt work.

And thanks for the help anyway,really had no idea what it could of been

On 10/14/2020 at 2:40 AM, dborg2 said:

so it seems to have fixed itself now,just loaded up the save it was happening since this post and there not disappearing anymore.The only thing i did to try and fix it was use recuva to try and get a old save. Is that possible or just a really low chance of happening?

14 hours ago, gizmo1206 said:

so it seems to have fixed itself now,just loaded up the save it was happening since this post and there not disappearing anymore.The only thing i did to try and fix it was use recuva to try and get a old save. Is that possible or just a really low chance of happening?

I don't know recuva, but if it is a save-game cleaner, than it has a 90%-95% chance of failing. So you might have been lucky.

6 hours ago, dborg2 said:

I don't know recuva, but if it is a save-game cleaner, than it has a 90%-95% chance of failing. So you might have been lucky.

thing is the only thing it was able to recover was a autosave.bak file which when getting rid of the .bak made it corrupt so i guess i got lucky with my existing saves