NPC AI and Spells

I'm looking for directions on tutorials and whatsoever in order to learn how to do one thing:

Make NPCs use custom spells whenever I specify them to.

Specifically, I wanted to start simple, make something so that Aela and Serana use Werewolf/Vampire Lord in combat.

I know there are plenty of mods that do that on their own, I'm currently using Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks, which comes with an option for it, but I was hoping to learn to do such a thing myself.

AFT works globally, and every follower you "turn" can do that, but the difference is my goal is something more specific, that could be included in a simple NPC replacer and work for any follower one wants to (hopefully by simply adding the package to any replacer).

The spell itself would not be a problem. I've worked with scripts and magic effects, so I know I'd have to make some sort of system so that NPCs could use their own shapeshift spell. But My specific issue is I have no idea how to make NPCs use custom spells.

Ideally also, this mechanic could try to not conflict with other mods, or be too heavy in terms of content. Have had mods that add beast transformations for companions before, but they usually add extra complications, dialogue options, or messy mechanics which have lead me to dialogue incompatibilities to even frequent CTDs.

I'm just looking for something simple

Besides, If I learn how to make NPCs use spells through AI packages or whatever is best for it, I'd also be interested in having more healers.

I have tried to look for tutorials myself, but as usual, the problem is many people does different tutorials, often covering unnecessary things one already knows, or maybe even making one waste 15 min-2 hours of an explanations that does something completely different from what one is trying to do.

Anyway, can anyone suggest directions, tutorials or perhaps even lend me their knowledge on this?

Thanks

EDIT: I realized I mentioned the word "package" a lot when AI packages are apparently not related to spell usage or combat, at all, according to the wiki. But I'm pretty sure I saw there was something on the CK that was supposed to allow conditional spell use on combat

1 hour ago, Myst42 said:

make NPCs use spells through AI packages or whatever is best for it, I'd also be interested in having more healers.

Why not download a mod with a follower with unique spells and then take a look at it in the CK? Here's one which happens to be my fave- https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36993 since she has buff and healing spells. Plenty of condition functions to choose from. Making the spell is the hard part I would think while adding it to any npc of your choosing should be easy. Serana is a special kind of pain because she already has many conditions governing her spell-set/behavior. Very hit and miss with her I've found.

I think my luck just ran out.

I dont know what happened, but Champollion decided to stop working for me.

Needed that thing to decompile scripts and take a look at stuff, but all it gives me is error 0xc00007b

I've looked everywhere for a solution to that fucking thing, clicked every link, installed every file pack, reinstalled Net Framework and Microsoft C++ and nothing seems to work.

My only far-fetched hope seems to be a complete system reinstall since I'm pretty sude Champollion used to work for me.

The author of "Selene Kate" did not include source code, and after taking a look at the esp, I noticed the custom spells are included both in the NPC's spell lists and as properties on an attached script. I'm pretty sure adding spells to NPCs spell list is not always enough to make the use them in game, especially if they're custom and scripted, and since the script is the only other thing that uses those custom spells, that must be how the author managed to make the AI use them, and I have no way of getting into that right now