settings not working

hello to whoever might read this

i have updated everything but since i have updated the last wicked whims version, i can't access any setting. WW does work, the sims can get naked and do all the stuff they usually do, but when i click somewhere then go wicked > settings, nothing happens. 

i have removed the totality of my mods to see if it wasn't another mod making WW not work well, but it's still not working when it's my only mod. is there anything i can do ?

thank you ):

8 hours ago, mhhhhhhhhhhh said:

i have updated everything but since i have updated the last wicked whims version, i can't access any setting. WW does work, the sims can get naked and do all the stuff they usually do, but when i click somewhere then go wicked > settings, nothing happens. 

i have removed the totality of my mods to see if it wasn't another mod making WW not work well, but it's still not working when it's my only mod. is there anything i can do ?

thank you ):

I have the same issue here. Plus, when i tried different place for sim to hs (e.g. couch, bathtub) it just didn't work because of not having a close enough sim to conduct action. In short, it just doesn't let my sim do any interactive sex. Can anyone help? Tks.

I would do the following:

- Make a backup of your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 folder, copy it to desktop for example

- Delete the folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/

- Start the game

- Everything in game should be reset to default now, start a new game and make a new household

- Once household is created and moved in, save and exit

- Install WW

- Start game

- See if it works

- If it does, it's some residues somewhere ... I would guess in cache or saves

- If it doesn't I would try reinstalling the game

21 hours ago, mhhhhhhhhhhh said:

thank you ?

Did you delete your localthumbcache.package in your TS4 folder after updating WW?

It must be done whenever you add, remove, or update mods or game.

You can also try doing an Origin Repair in case something is also broken in the game itself.

If nothing above works go into your saves folder and delete the Wicked folder to reset things then do step one again.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, kat.thecat_ said:

I have the same problem. Other than that, I can't find certain personality attributes like incest or the like. someone knows?

New features in WW and attributes were moved to be easy to use and cost no points.

Click on Sim select Wicked/Personalization/Wicked Attributes

WW settings are usually wrong if your sims don't have autonomous sex.

Also could be sims have the wrong gender, are leaving the area, or on period.

My settings might help but might be missing some new features:

WW Settings Help.txt

• 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Uhabus said:

Same here, I've tried creating a new game and it still won't let me access the settings. How should the folder with the WW mods look? Anything would help, thanks!

Default is Mods/WickedWhimsMod/2 files only that begin with TURBODRIVER

One is a script and one is a .package(tuning file)

Make sure file dates match and WW is updated to the latest v.1.62a

I install all WW animations into a separate new folder named Wicked Animations.

UICheats can break WW settings as can mismatched WW versions or duplicates.

Game version should also be updated to 1.69.** as WW doesn't work with some older game versions.

19 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Default is Mods/WickedWhimsMod/2 files only that begin with TURBODRIVER

One is a script and one is a .package(tuning file)

Make sure file dates match and WW is updated to the latest v.1.62a

I install all WW animations into a separate new folder named Wicked Animations.

UICheats can break WW settings as can mismatched WW versions or duplicates.

Game version should also be updated to 1.69.** as WW doesn't work with some older game versions.

Thank you! I'm playing on The Sims v1.63 and the newest WW was not working so I downloaded WWv157 wand it worked properly. Only thing I'm noticing is that there are things from the Legacy version missing in the newer ones, like incest and teen romance. Thanks for the reply!

On 12/19/2020 at 8:30 AM, Uhabus said:

Thank you! I'm playing on The Sims v1.63 and the newest WW was not working so I downloaded WWv157 wand it worked properly. Only thing I'm noticing is that there are things from the Legacy version missing in the newer ones, like incest and teen romance. Thanks for the reply!

Patron versions of WW don't have incest or teens.

You need the WW unappropriate unlock download.