Ad-Blockers?

Not sure what you mean by multiple, but on my other system I've dubbed the 'Iron Bitch', I run many things actively.

Ad Blocker, Ghostery, Privacy Badger, MinerBlock, Universal Bypass - I'd have to look at it again to list them all, as well as using DuckDuckGo.

A lot of sites I visit 'freak-out' when using this system because they can't get into my shit like the average surfer. So I just pass on using them or looking at their content.

If I'm surfing the net instead of visiting what I consider safe sites - I prefer to use this system instead of the gaming system which isn't as anal. Better safe than sorry, considering there's been instances of infection from ads running on sites that sell space without monitoring or approving the ads first.

The internet is a whore, and you never know what you can catch if getting some 'strange'.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 8:04 AM, Laser23 said:

Is it ok to run multiple Ad-Blockers at once?

"ok" or "not ok" by what standard?

:classic_huh:

Technically? If they work? Depends on the actually software.

Morally? Ads pay for some parts of the free (no money) websites

Legally? Where I live: yes. Ask you politician, wait a few month and they will have found a way to make you a criminal

For your own mental health and data security of your computer: you simply can't block enough unwanted creepy shit away from the stuff that really want to read. No mercy here!

On 10/1/2020 at 10:19 AM, landess said:

Not sure what you mean by multiple, but on my other system I've dubbed the 'Iron Bitch', I run many things actively.

Ad Blocker, Ghostery, Privacy Badger, MinerBlock, Universal Bypass - I'd have to look at it again to list them all, as well as using DuckDuckGo.

A lot of sites I visit 'freak-out' when using this system because they can't get into my shit like the average surfer. So I just pass on using them or looking at their content.

If I'm surfing the net instead of visiting what I consider safe sites - I prefer to use this system instead of the gaming system which isn't as anal. Better safe than sorry, considering there's been instances of infection from ads running on sites that sell space without monitoring or approving the ads first.

The internet is a whore, and you never know what you can catch if getting some 'strange'.

My PC is set up somewhat similar in terms of privacy, but i FUCKING HATE ADS so 4 adblocks it is.

And yeah no one wants to get BADADS-19.

I run different types of adblockers and protection.

The first is my ISP - T-Mobile has an active port firewall set up on all of their cellular towers.

The second is my massive 35MB HOSTS file with over 100 million entries. Yes my HOSTS resolve sucks.

The third is AdBlock Plus, which gives the boot to any remaining bullshit I don't want to see.