NPC Children Crashing my Game

So I'm playing through Oblivion and I'm in Hackdirt. It seems that when I enter the Dry Goods store in Hackdirt, the game just instantly crashes. I found that weird, so I started some troubleshooting to see what could cause that and it seems that when I clear the world of children, I can enter the store just find, leading me to believe that the store owner got pregnant via another mod and her kids are crashing my game. I mean, I can just clear the world just find but it makes me nervous as to if my character gets pregnant, would it end up crashing my game too? I think I want to nip this in the bud while I can, so anyone have any idea why this is exactly happening? Thanks.

Have you changed your load order after the first child was born?

You remember when the first child was born (player  or NPC child) you got a message that from now on you are no longer allowed to change your load order.

When you install a new Mod or uninstall or deactivate a Mod you have to clear the game of all children. If you do not do it some children will still work and look good, othere will have wrong textures or missing hear and/or eyes ....  and some children will crash the game if you are near the child (when the game tries to load the child)

Tamago checks and save the IDs of the Mods. If the hair or eyes of the child are from the Mod in Load order place 43 after the Oblivion esm and you add a Mod at place 31 , Tamago will still look for the hair in Load order ID 43 ( but now the hair is in 44 )  and if Tamago can not find the hair ID  in the Load order ID 43 you have missing hair. If there is a object with the same ID, Tamago will load it and if it is a activator , funiture static object  the game will crash.

That's why you should start with Tamago when you have all other Mods you want, when you don't have to change the load order anymore.

And that's why Tamago warns you in-game.

------------------

Like TES LODGen for  DistantLOD. Every time you change your load order you have to run it again. If you don't do it it slows down your game or game crashes at places with a lot Mod Distant objects  ot the game crashes immediately when you enter the world space.

• 2 months later...