Question about a broken interaction

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 9:13 AM, Cano19271 said:

I have the University DLC and before downloading the Kinky World files,the interaction "Take romantic photo" worked properly but now the pose is the one which they look at the camera making a kissing face.Can anyone help please?

I never messed with this much, so if there is a problem, I never noticed. I went to a detailed University descriptor page and see there are a couple of 'selfie' options introduced with this EP.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_3:_University_Life/Detailed_features

The standard phone in the Sims' inventory is replaced with a smartphone, which looks like a Blackberry 10 or Androidsmartphone. This smartphone comes with a variety of new skins to apply, which are unlocked as the skill level grows.[5] It functions the same as the standard phone, but with new features such as:

• Social networking (texting, blogging, browsing the web, streaming a video, etc.)
  • Take photos[7]
    • Self-portrait photos or photos with other Sims (requires Jock influence)
    • Romantic photos with a kiss

So I'm guessing the romantic photo, which 'appears' to be available to anyone (no mention of Jock influence for this interaction/could be a typo) has been replaced with another? I've made 'jock selfies' before, but they just face the camera - there is no 'kissy faces' being made.

If I understand correctly there were 3 types - a solo, duo/non romantic, and duo/romantic. While I'll ignore the 'kissy face' reference for now, you're saying the ability to take a photo selfie of 2 sims whom ARE romantically involved aren't able to take the 'romantic' selfie which has them kissing each other in the shot? Yes?

Since KW requires the University EP to take KW selfies which have 3 versions: depending on settings the player will get 3 different types of photo's - the 'blotch', the standard 'portrait', and the 'full-body/adjustable' which includes a couple of different poses.

It IS very possible OnikiKay decided/needed to swap an existing EA default selfie to include the KW options and chose the romantic one. This is just theory based on your 'observation' and the knowledge given by the Sims 3 wiki.

I included 3 'options' from Duo selfies, and see the 'kissy face' one now. The last one is the one I see most often - so I have no hard info on what causes the 3 different types - could be relationship based? Friends, romantic, steady or better relationship?

Spoiler

The-Sims-3-University-Life-Trailer_14.jp

iGWkUVd.jpg

the-sims-3-university-life-15823.jpg&f=1

I'll go ahead and mess with this some - add jock influence, do some experimenting - use a mix of things like relationships/jock influence levels beyond the unlock level/etc, and see if I can get the romantic/kissing to be taken. (seems I remember the kissy face one now a little that I've seen it)

Screenshot-30.jpg.f45006d385f0e4c9f90e4c0cc4d91429.jpg

Well, I tried a bunch of things: One side note - after giving one sim a level 4 in jock, As he kept taking 'jock' photos with his girlfriend, she gained Jock influence like crazy and passed him in level and made it to level 7 almost immediately. Once she was higher than him, he 'slowly' gained more as he continued taking duo selfies.

At first the option to take photo together appeared in the friendly tab. After awhile I tried the romantic option. I only ever got 2 types of photo's - the 'kissy face' and the smiling face - these were random as nothing I did changed what type they took other than just keep taking them. Sometimes one, sometimes the other - no 'default' romantic photo results occurred with them kissing. I had them group up - change to a date - took photos after many romantic interactions which will unlock more romantic interactions with use - still nothing. Just the same 2 random results. Of note: once I took a romantic photo, the option never came up again in the friendly tab.

So yeah, from my chair, the ability to take a photo of the 2 sims kissing as a selfie won't appear for me, and both friendly and romantic 'take photo together' ONLY gave me the 2 same results. smiley/kissy faces - no actual kissing.

So I can remove KW from my computer hoping to get that option to work - or forget about it and enjoy the 100's of other things KW brings to the table. Not a hard decision......