To update, or not to update, the million Simoleons question...

So I haven't played in about 2 weeks now, haven't allowed my game to be updated to the Star Wars patch. I keep seeing many many posts about broken content and games crashing and what not. General consensus is the Star Wars patch, unless you want SW stuff in the game is avoid it. To me it doesn't fit with my idea of the Sim world, if they made the Alien species playable, maybe, or the droids better, maybe, but so far nope.

Ā 

Before the patch came out I was still having issues with the NAP problems, did finally figure out how to fix them so I think the problem is mostly gone. Reason I haven't played mostly was I played for a few hours last time, got a week or so in with my current family and managed to botch what I had in mind and ended up not saving the file and reverted back to the start date.

Ā 

So if I decide to update, figuring several hours worth of checking to see what mods broke and downloading updated versions (and right now kicking myself for not bookmarking the mods I use most). If I don't update, I can just pick up where I left off and just make sure the game doesn't auto update on me. So decisions decisions...