Remove Mods from System Menu

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE MY WORK IN PAID MODS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT IT IS
A tiny mod to remove the "MODS" section from game's System Menu.

Though it works alone just fine, I created this mod as supplement to use along mods like Remove QuickSave Button and ReCleaned Menu.

They both give suggestions how to remove Mods from system menu via Skyrim.ini edits and leave you to do it by hand.

Meanwhile, Skyrim.ini changes can be packed as a mod - so I did just that.

To avoid using up your precious ESP slots (you only have 255 of those), I made it into an ESL which doesn't count toward that limit.

But it works regardless. Enjoy.

WHAT IT ISN'T
It's not a fully fledged mod, just one INI edit injected in a tidy form.

There is no way it could conflict with anything and I actually dare you to give me 1 example what it could conflict with.

SIDE NOTE ABOUT ESL
Keep in mind, that most of the time ESL is not a good thing. It's only beneficial in very specific cases.

It has the potential to ruin how mods interact with one another and so be careful when inexperienced modders share mods in this format.

However, this mod's ESL file is empty - it doesn't edit anything in your game.

It's only used as a hook to load INI changes, similar to how empty ESP files were used to load a BSA archive back in the Oldrim days.

So it's all good and safe.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/06/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i love this, i never needed a reason to access that part of skyrim se unless i was on the console, and since this is pc, the mods tap both in the main menu and game ui, is completely pointless....your mod helps to clean up the menu very nicely, so thank you

• 3 months later...

this is one of these mods where i just dont understand why you would ever want this, but then i'm reminded how great it is that there's a mod for almost anything imaginable out there and this surely has a place.

On 5/3/2021 at 11:16 PM, FovI said:

this is one of these mods where i just dont understand why you would ever want this, but then i'm reminded how great it is that there's a mod for almost anything imaginable out there and this surely has a place.

Short answer would be, that some people prefer things clean and tidy. If something is unnecessary, we remove it.

On the other hand there are messy people who surround themselves with chaos :P

My other guess would be that people are used to Oldrim and prefer the menu as it was before. In Oldrim there was no Mods menu. Simple as that.

• 6 months later...