problem with nexus?

Gsus30

a lot of people here seem to be angry/hateful of nexus. I just want to know why? I use nexus for most of my mods, since it has the most widdest collection and the best overview. what has nexus done that causes so much angry emotions here?

• 1 year later...

He meant that the endorsement system has gone a bit out of hand, as if it's serious business for some people; he didn't care if he even had no endorsements, as long as the mod is made at a high quality and does as intended without error or forcing the player to do a wholesale reinstallation.

There.  Fixed that for you.

We have all established that very few people actually endorse anything due to how the endorsement system is set up and how lazy folks (myself included) are.

In fact, download count is much more reliable than endorsements when you want something popular.

I think endorsement is also a way to express someone's respect to the mod and the author, but the same lazy rule applies to me.

And I find those 'begging for endorsements' are just pathetic. Modders don't do modding for their fame or fortune. Some people even create a bunch of child accounts and endorse themselves.. laughable.

So time for the conclusion. Please hit the LIKE button if you had fun with my post!!!!!

Good conclusion also there's my signature...

oops sorry. No offend to you. anyways

But still simply cannot understand why some people die for endorse or fotm...

do they hate nexus too much so want to kick their asses? no.

are they able to buy a cell phone with 75 endorse point? I'm not sure this time because it's been months I haven't been nexus.. :P

there is no community in nexus so they have nothing to do but proving themselves being better modder than others, so endorsement is the barometer. best modder modulus I suppose.

It's not only about you, it's about your team as well. It simply gave us some pride when CLS became first mod of its category and we felt like the world recognized the hard work we put in it. If it was for me only, I guess it'll be less important.

The problem with this system is that you can only vote once. Which is a bit simple minded as, for me for example, I should be able to receive endorsement for the quest logic, new interiors, new exteriors, textures, meshes, animations, sounds, music tracks, NPCs, scripts etc. etc. Same thing with the size, CLS is 6 chapters and everyone of them desserve its own endorsement as it's as long as any other quest published for OB by modders so far.

So indeed, seeing you'll always be behind a simple body mod (albeit, well done, not the point) no matter what is unfair. 

I understand your logic for little mods like a new weapon or a simple rescript of one of Bethesda unbalanced thing. But for big quest mods, it really gives a sense of achievement to the team and attract new modders or at least ease up the permissions and collaboration.

Voilà! Cheers!

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/936960-vlaka-banned/

So now talking about the unofficial patches, hosted on the Nexus (among other sites), constitutes piracy. Brilliant.

Thandal made a bonehead error in this case.  He confused "unofficial patch" with "unofficial update".  You know, the ones called "Update 11" and such, that are obious patches for pirated versions.  It's pretty damn obvious that vlaka was talking about the "unofficial skyrim patch" (USKP) and the DG, HF, & DB versions.  Hopefully, vlaka appeals the ban and it gets reversed pretty damn quick, and with an apology from Thandal (yeah, an apology.... right.  Now, where's my unicorn :wacko: ...)

I got banned the same 66 year moderator [bben46] for questioning the ban of teenager for the mere crime of admitting he was 15 years old.

I admit that I feel leary about old men on a young person's website. Are they on such websites for the games, or to grab the kids or both?

Also, mods in the Nex shoot first and ask questions later.

----

As for this mod, I don't know whether to pity this 13-year-old kid or not:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33056/

Don't be too harsh on him..... hahaha...... it's so fun that make my day.... hahha... a gigantic red skinned boy.... hahaha... sry I cant let it go... :D

1121047_700b.jpg

Anyone can make a mod, in the same way fans write fanfiction or paint something for Deviantart. They get their Warhol fame for 15 minutes, and the first impression always last rather harshly, depending how well the work was done.

Personally, the kid who made it thought he's going to create the greatest mod in the world (and he reminds me of, um, Naruto), but because the mod turns out to be pointless, surely he'll be pockmarked for life. Oh, some people are defending him in the name of freedom of expression, but they ought to teach him what modding is really about: is his mod going to improve the game in some way, or would it become useless junk?

I showed the link to my friend, and he said that he earlier made a pointed and frank critique, but got an angry reaction from another user threatening to delete his mods. He said, "how the fuck better modding be made possible if one can't show some tough love? One can't simply go around and make inane suck-it-up 'oh, your mod is great!' comments."

EDIT: BTW, the mods cleaned up the comments area, leaving only the "nice" remarks. If they keep up with this type of tolerance, the quality index is sure to go down.

I got banned the same 66 year moderator [bben46] for questioning the ban of teenager for the mere crime of admitting he was 15 years old.

I admit that I feel leary about old men on a young person's website. Are they on such websites for the games, grab the kids or both?

Excuse me, but I'm 46 yrs old.  What the hell does the man's age have to do with anything?  Now get the hell off my lawn :angry: ...  Damn whipper-snappers...

Also, mods in the Nex shoot first and ask questions later.

----

As for this mod, I don't know whether to pity this 13-year-old kid or not:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33056/

Don't be too harsh on him..... hahaha...... it's so fun that make my day.... hahha... a gigantic red skinned boy.... hahaha... sry I cant let it go... :D

1121047_700b.jpg

Anyone can make a mod, in the same way fans write fanfiction or paint something for Deviantart. They get their Warhol fame for 15 minutes, and the first impression always last rather harshly, depending how well the work was done.

Personally, the kid who made it thought he's going to create the greatest mod in the world (and he reminds me of, um, Naruto), but because the mod turns out to be pointless, surely he'll be pockmarked for life. Oh, some people are defending him in the name of freedom of expression, but they ought to teach him what modding is really about: is his mod going to improve the game in some way, or would it become useless junk?

I showed the link to my friend, and he said that he earlier made a pointed and frank critique, but got an angry reaction from another user threatening to delete his mods. He said, "how the fuck better modding be made possible if one can't show some tough love? One can't simply go around and make inane suck-it-up 'oh, your mod is great!' comments."

EDIT: BTW, the mods cleaned up the comments area, leaving only the "nice" remarks. If they keep up with this type of tolerance, the quality index is sure to go down.

I don't know who is more childish, the author or the nexus mods.

4040667_700b.jpg

If he was trolling for real, he must be successful in having the mods tag the "trolls".

If people can't let a new  modder try things and get better with experience without being bombarded with insults and sarcastic remarks, there'll be no good  modders.

What? He expects everyone else to kiss the author's ass? Again, successful troll is successful.

Geez, in half a day I've learned a lot much about how things work in the Nex.

The quality IS going down and very fast... 3 years ago quality was a lot better although moderators were still acting the same...

On another note: here's the section to post those, it was in the contributor only section but I felt selfish not to share that jewel with you...

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/12858-most-useless-mod-of-them-all/

OJ get away with murder than so can I. Did everything wrong still up at Nexus. Release this knowning something should happen to me.

No penalties. No warnings. No nothing. People get warnings and bans for minor stuff while let me go. :@

maybe because you did it from scratch. even if the armor is identical, but is not ported (mean you did it piece by piece). the mod is NOT removed and you are not banned. prime example is the Dark Souls armor:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22899

OJ get away with murder than so can I. Did everything wrong still up at Nexus. Release this knowning something should happen to me.

No penalties. No warnings. No nothing. People get warnings and bans for minor stuff while let me go. :@

maybe because you did it from scratch. even if the armor is identical, but is not ported (mean you did it piece by piece). the mod is NOT removed and you are not banned. prime example is the Dark Souls armor:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22899

Look interesting.

well i was given a warning at Nexus for reporting a moderator for banning a member for a supposedly bad username, but the name was not bad, even according to their stupid rules.  So I contacted a moderator I thought I could trust to stand up for me (I have....very personal issues I thought I could trust with this person.....no, don't ask please, as I will never explain to anyone I don't know very very well).  No, did not work and I can honestly recommend against any Nexus moderator, no matter how friendly he or she may seem.

Are Nexus and Lovers using the same forum.....looks so much alike

Archived