• 4 weeks later...

I can't find a reason for this, but it seems that I can't place some of the sex toy items. Doing so just crashes me back to the title and removes the item from my inventory

I've only tried placing the fleshlights so far, and that's been the most consistent source of crashes. Am I missing a dependency?

8 hours ago, SmallishPlague2 said:

I can't find a reason for this, but it seems that I can't place some of the sex toy items. Doing so just crashes me back to the title and removes the item from my inventory

I've only tried placing the fleshlights so far, and that's been the most consistent source of crashes. Am I missing a dependency?

I'm afraid without a logfile there is not much we can tell you about this.

Alternatively though you can also just use a modern, up-to-date version of this mod instead of the abandoned, out-dated version that doesn't even fully work with OG Sexbound unless you use the inofficially "updooted" version from somewhere here deep in the comments.

1 hour ago, Erina Sugino said:

I'm afraid without a logfile there is not much we can tell you about this.

Alternatively though you can also just use a modern, up-to-date version of this mod instead of the abandoned, out-dated version that doesn't even fully work with OG Sexbound unless you use the inofficially "updooted" version from somewhere here deep in the comments.

I'm seeing 5 different logfiles that updated when i last replicated the crash, is there a particular one that's better to include? I can include log 5 and a screenshot of the error

Screenshot 2024-01-02 114858.png

starbound.log.5

2 minutes ago, SmallishPlague2 said:

I'm seeing 5 different logfiles that updated when i last replicated the crash, is there a particular one that's better to include? I can include log 5 and a screenshot of the error

Incorrect logfile but sufficient information:

[00:34:59.252] [Warn] Root: Unrecognized file in asset directory 'mods_go_here', skipping
[00:34:59.342] [Warn] Root: Overriding duplicate asset source '..\mods\sexbound-reborn-1.1_r2.pak' named 'lox_sexbound' with higher or equal priority source '..\mods\starbound-sexbound-latest.src
[00:34:59.342] [Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'base' at '..\assets\packed.pak'
[00:34:59.342] [Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'lox_sexbound' at '..\mods\starbound-sexbound-latest.src'
[00:34:59.342] [Info] Root: Detected unnamed asset source at '..\mods\Lustbound Base'
[00:34:59.342] [Info] Root: Detected unnamed asset source at '..\mods\Lustbound Base Manager'

Duplicate Sexbound, "reborn 1.1 r2.pak" and the folder "Starbound-Sexbound-Latest.src".
Improperly installed Lustbound Base and Lustbound Base Manager. (Both of which are included in Sexbound Reborn 1.1, so you shouldn't need either if you're planning to use Reborn, and using them along with Reborn will cause issues)

27 minutes ago, red3dred said:

[00:34:59.252] [Warn] Root: Unrecognized file in asset directory 'mods_go_here', skipping
[00:34:59.342] [Warn] Root: Overriding duplicate asset source '..\mods\sexbound-reborn-1.1_r2.pak' named 'lox_sexbound' with higher or equal priority source '..\mods\starbound-sexbound-latest.src
[00:34:59.342] [Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'base' at '..\assets\packed.pak'
[00:34:59.342] [Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'lox_sexbound' at '..\mods\starbound-sexbound-latest.src'
[00:34:59.342] [Info] Root: Detected unnamed asset source at '..\mods\Lustbound Base'
[00:34:59.342] [Info] Root: Detected unnamed asset source at '..\mods\Lustbound Base Manager'

Duplicate Sexbound, "reborn 1.1 r2.pak" and the folder "Starbound-Sexbound-Latest.src".
Improperly installed Lustbound Base and Lustbound Base Manager. (Both of which are included in Sexbound Reborn 1.1, so you shouldn't need either if you're planning to use Reborn, and using them along with Reborn will cause issues)

Ohhhhh, I see. Thank you so much, I can't believe I didn't see that in the mod list!

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

Sorry to ask again, but what is the correct way to properly install Lustbound Base/Manager. I removed the reborn 1.1 pak since i'm using legacy sexbound for pretty much all of this

2 hours ago, SmallishPlague2 said:

Sorry to ask again, but what is the correct way to properly install Lustbound Base/Manager. I removed the reborn 1.1 pak since i'm using legacy sexbound for pretty much all of this

Local mod installations, EG: "Mod as a folder" needs to be installed in a very specific way, otherwise things break by Starbound reading the folders in the wrong order.

unknown.webp

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, LaserSexPanther said:

Placed toys are not appearing, and character vanishes when they interact. 

Mod is outdated, abandoned and broken. Use "updooted" version from somewhere deep here in the forum posts or use Sexbound Reborn V1.1 instead.

• 2 weeks later...

hello, im not sure if there is still support but i just have a simple question, in lustia. when approaching the sex enabled monsters shop. nothing is there, just a sex box. i have teratophilia and running sexbound, i dropped SBR for a number of reasons (mostly cause it was throwing a fit with terrato scenes) so am i missing something or do i need to get to a certain quest to put monsters in the shop

dont know if this will help but im using both workshop and mod files at the same time so in the workshop of steam i have the story disabled,  like i said not sure if it'll be helpful.

but as of a result for right now, everything is working fine and as expected. 

Edited by Pyradyne32

First:

3 hours ago, Pyradyne32 said:

i dropped SBR for a number of reasons (mostly cause it was throwing a fit with terrato scenes)

God if I got just one dollar everytime someone insults my mod as broken for their own inability to read properly, I would be rich by now...

Second:

You need the Lustbound Teratophilia shop patcher. There is several of these patcher mods (I think someone also made a pack with all of them at once?) that add stuff to these shops based on other mod's content.

7 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

First:

God if I got just one dollar everytime someone insults my mod as broken for their own inability to read properly, I would be rich by now...

Second:

You need the Lustbound Teratophilia shop patcher. There is several of these patcher mods (I think someone also made a pack with all of them at once?) that add stuff to these shops based on other mod's content.

awe man.. you mod is good, thats probably just the only reason, terrato scenes wasn't really working for some reason was all. if i were to just drop that and keep with the base races or modded i'd be choosing sbr since it's more compact, sorry chief i didn't mean to insult your mod. 

10 hours ago, Pyradyne32 said:

awe man.. you mod is good, thats probably just the only reason, terrato scenes wasn't really working for some reason was all. if i were to just drop that and keep with the base races or modded i'd be choosing sbr since it's more compact, sorry chief i didn't mean to insult your mod. 

I have an even easier solution for you: Just, download the right version of that mod. Granted, it's not obvious or intuitive (but that's something to bother the mod author with), but there is two version of the mod (justl ike with POV Redux itself), one working exclusively with SxB and one exclusively with SBR.

The version of TeratoScenes you're looking for is the one whose filename starts with "SxB_".

Hey, so out of curiosity, is there any way to disable the Monster Girl Encyclopedia/card bits? It often feels like the amount of card spawns in any given container widely overtakes the amount of actual, valuable loot that is/could be in there by a wide margin, and I'm just not interested enough in the feature to try and fill out the book completely (I tried at first, but it got way too tedious for my tastes).

Edited by V9XXX
Changed my wording.
1 hour ago, V9XXX said:

Hey, so out of curiosity, is there any way to disable the Monster Girl Encyclopedia/card bits? It often feels like the amount of card spawns in any given container widely overtakes the amount of actual, valuable loot that is/could be in there by a wide margin, and I'm just not interested enough in the feature to try and fill out the book completely (I tried at first, but it got way too tedious for my tastes).

Well, the card spawns are only added to the pool, they technically shouldn't really override anything. However...

...do I hear you complaining that you want to Unclog your treasure containers? Get rid of that nasty spam of a million, inventory clogging trading cards, of which there are a possibl 500+ variants that can spawn? Boi oh boi, do I have just the mod for you!

Well, yes. Because people complained at lot about just that, I made a mod that replaces the wild cards that spawn in random treasure by a single, stackable "packed card" item so that only ever a single inventory slot will be taken up, until you decide to spam open all of them for your random card drop.

On 3/17/2024 at 12:24 PM, Erina Sugino said:

Well, the card spawns are only added to the pool, they technically shouldn't really override anything. However...

...do I hear you complaining that you want to Unclog your treasure containers? Get rid of that nasty spam of a million, inventory clogging trading cards, of which there are a possibl 500+ variants that can spawn? Boi oh boi, do I have just the mod for you!

Well, yes. Because people complained at lot about just that, I made a mod that replaces the wild cards that spawn in random treasure by a single, stackable "packed card" item so that only ever a single inventory slot will be taken up, until you decide to spam open all of them for your random card drop.

Oh, bless, that's definitely a fix that I can take. Thanks for pointing me to that mod!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...