Milk Farm

View File

This is a follower home catering to those that enjoy Milk Maid Economy.

Requirements:

Base Game/Update
Hearthfire DLC - For the kitchen fluff

*Non Hearthfire version in Downloads*

Milk Maid Economy

Skyrim SexLab

Without these, your game will crash on start up.

Recommended:

My home is your home
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18045
Milk Farm is a world space encompassing a total of 15 cells of which 8 cells are playable/navmeshed. Your followers may not wander around to the different cells. You can assign them to sleep in one area and 'work' in other areas.

Elsie Lavache for MME

Because she's cute and because cows!

Ion

Because she's cute and Elsie needs her sister.

'The lore'

We seem to be missing an alchemist who disappeared from the Alchemist Shack south of Ivarstead. He was chasing butterflies and discovered a cave ventilating some unknown area. After breaking through the wall, he discovered an old Dwemer facility that also led out to a hidden valley. He determined from the equipment that this was some sort of farm. Delighted with his discovery, he started updating his secret treasure until one day he tried to clear some rubble out of a passageway and dropped a big stone on his head. Dude is dead. Now this place is yours to discover.

South/west from the Alchemist Shack is a road sign. Continue south/west from there and very, very shortly you will find an entrance to a cave tucked away behind some trees.

Install/Remove

This is a simple esp file. You unarchive it and manually drop it into your data directory and enable it. Deletion of this esp will not affect your gameplay in any way.

The reality.

This is my first complete mod and I'm a total noob.

I use an enb and some custom retextures which are not included. You do not need an enb or retextures to use this mod. Your mileage may vary as to the final appearance of this area.

This mod includes no followers or quests and is intended as a simple follower home.

This home contains 17 milk pumps in 3 areas which are duplicates of MME's pumps with sandboxing turned on. Your followers should use these freely if they decide to wander by.

There are 2 double beds in an 'overseer's quarters', 10 double beds in 2 chambers and 12 bedrolls in 2 outdoor shelters. You can house a total of 36 milk maids/cows/followers. Of course sheltering this many npcs with their own active scripts will bog down your game.

The only crafting that is here are foodstuffs, a tanning rack, an anvil and a smelter. I've included the tanning rack/anvil/smelter so you can craft milk maid paraphernalia for your followers from your own resources.

Storage respawns so you shouldn't store anything, valuable or not, anywhere here. This may change in the future if and when I gain more knowledge.

Addendum

I may refine the clutter and ambience but unless someone has found some problem that I haven't, I consider this mod complete.

I do not know if this mod will work in SE because of the dependancies. I do not use Skyrim SE.

My thanks to

Ed86 for his wonderful mod Milk Maid Economy,
chajapa for his great followers Elsie and Ion and who is the one that inspired me to learn the CK and to make this mod.

My greatest respect for those mod authors who have made incredible things using the miserable creature known as the Creation Kit. Now I know why I sometimes see random stuff floating around aimlessly, without reason.

I hope that people do enjoy this follower home.

Please do not post this mod to any other sites, if you would actually consider it good enough to post on other sites. I intend it to be a Lover's Lab exclusive as a way to give back to this community.

Evolution:

Spoiler

06/16/2020

Added non Hearthfire Version

Archived each file

Added more screen shots

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/11/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    Milk Maid Economy, Sexlab, Hearthfire
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Not Applicable

3 hours ago, chajapa said:

Awesome! :D

A new home for the herd!

Congrats on doing your first mod.

Thank you very much.

I wasn't very satisfied with 'The Dungeon' as a home for my milkmaids and I'm quite happy with the way this turned out. It wouldn't be here if it weren't for you.

I hope that everything is professional enough to be worthy of being a lasting home but I feel that there are still some nuances to be worked out.

On 8/12/2020 at 3:01 PM, CapnHighliner said:

Could you make a version of this mod that requires no DLC from Dawnguard, Hearthfire or Dragonborn, using just the Skyrim.esm and Update.esm files?

Several things went wrong when I tried this, only because I am a noob and haven't the faintest idea of what I am doing....

I was thinking of deleting the kitchen entirely since without hearthfire, it was decimated. I also lost several pieces of furniture. I've scrounged up enough stuff to replace what was missing. But, as a bonus, you get a honey pot! Please tell me if this works for you.

Milk Farm : No Hearthfire version - 2nd attempt

Now in download section

3 hours ago, g23028284 said:

could you make aversion with six children's bed?

I could, but this mod is centered around an adult niche fetish. Children really have no place in it even though the fetish is symbolic of mothering.

You could load this mod into the CK and make whatever changes are appropriate to your own personal needs but I don't feel comfortable introducing children into an adult mod. The worse that can happen is (because it is a simple esp file) that you delete the esp and reload a copy to try again while the best that can happen is you get what you want and gain the knowledge to customize other mods however you choose.

I'm sorry about not being willing to fill this request but in real life as well as in fantasy, I have a long standing principle against coming even close to combining the two.

Thanks for getting back to me, Ripstop. 

I tried the non-Hearthfire Milk Farm and there was a problem with initiating the pumps. I tried all four locations in the farm and none worked, but when I ran to Riverwood that one did.

Looking further...

The MilkMod Riverwood Milk Pump has an ID of ff000cfa and a baseID of 1b00f7aa (1b being the xx of where the mod is, of course). Your Milk Farm Milk Pump has various IDs of 1d018222, 1d018223, 1d018224, 1d018225 etc, and all with a baseID of 1d018219.

The visible difference being the Riverwood ID having FF before its ID. 

This is just at a glance though. I'm not sure why the in-town pumps are accepting initiation but your Milk Farm ones aren't.

Still though, the whole design looks amazing. I would easily make this a constant player home if the pumps could be activated. I love the kitchen, and there's tons of beds, wardrobes, shelves, and probably so much more I haven't even seen yet.

Thanks for doing what you're doing.

loadorder.txt

9 hours ago, CapnHighliner said:

I tried the non-Hearthfire Milk Farm and there was a problem with initiating the pumps. I tried all four locations in the farm and none worked, but when I ran to Riverwood that one did.

Looking further...
... .... .....

Still though, the whole design looks amazing. I would easily make this a constant player home if the pumps could be activated. I love the kitchen, and there's tons of beds, wardrobes, shelves, and probably so much more I haven't even seen yet.

Thanks for doing what you're doing.

My 'excuse' why things didn't go right is because I'm a noob. I've rebuilt the mod again and put it back up in post #5. Please tell me what you're experiencing.

There was nothing wrong with your set up. I found out that removing Hearthfire as a master trashed ALL of my MME objects! The milk pumps in this mod are duplicates of MME milk pumps with sandboxing turned on. I had to do it this way because if I modified the original pumps, every NPC (even male NPCs) in every town that had milk pumps would be jumping into them. That is why the base ID is different and that is why MME's pumps work while mine did not.

I just milked Elsie to completion in one of the pumps to verify everything works again. This is forced though. I will observe the various cows to see that they use them of their own free will. -edit- They do use the pumps if they just wander by, quite frequently too!

Thank you for your interaction and kind words. There aren't any easter eggs to discover but you may derive pleasure from just watching the NPCs travel to the different areas and interact with their environment. I am. You may also try visiting the area at different times since the critters/sounds load in when the cells do and don't seem to change with the time. Not much documentation around on that so it is still something for me to figure out. After 6:00 am/6:00pm and little frogs at the waterfall start singing after 8:00pm until 5:00am.

Heya. I just tried your revised #5, and it worked like a charm. All pumps were accessible, and when I brought NPCs/followers in, they just started using the machines of their own volition.

A job well done. I think you can put a formal download on this version, and if I come anything buggy or breaky I'll shoot you a message. But as is? I think it's good to go.

Fantastic. Thank you.

7 hours ago, 1qazwsx said:

it really not bad for your first mod 

i tested it on skyrim se and it work without any problem

it also make a pretty nice testing grounds for mod and compatibility with the (fake) exterior 

great mod 

Thank you for your feedback. I wasn't sure if the dependencies were established enough for SE. The assets in Milk Farm are bone stock though so I didn't think there would be a problem there. I just don't use Skyrim SE so there is no way for me to try it out.

I'm not sure what you mean by fake exterior. This is a world space (exterior) rather than a dungeon(interior). That is why there is a day/night cycle. If anything at all, the interior is fake. XD

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, thelordofroses said:

i will say looking at this and comparing it to the older milk based home i love what you have done here excellent work. now if you will excuse me i have a reason to get followers again. 

Thank you for your kind words. With over 800 downloads but very little feedback, I know people aren't having any problems with my mod. I just don't know if they like it and are keeping it.

I am still working on LOD for it since it bothers me when objects disappear into the background and I figure that I'll put that into a BSA so there won't be any recursive directories. Still, I have to learn how to do all that and it gets frustrating. I've taken a break from it since I've seen way too much of my own mod.

I've also been puttering around with a zaz dungeon, more like an Imperial interrogation center. I don't know how much interest there would be in that since there seems to be enough BDSM dungeons published.

30 minutes ago, Ripstop said:

Thank you for your kind words. With over 800 downloads but very little feedback, I know people aren't having any problems with my mod. I just don't know if they like it and are keeping it.

I am still working on LOD for it since it bothers me when objects disappear into the background and I figure that I'll put that into a BSA so there won't be any recursive directories. Still, I have to learn how to do all that and it gets frustrating. I've taken a break from it since I've seen way too much of my own mod.

I've also been puttering around with a zaz dungeon, more like an Imperial interrogation center. I don't know how much interest there would be in that since there seems to be enough BDSM dungeons published.

no problem, in regards to dungeon that sounds nice would let you use the bound version of milkpumps as well. it would be lovely to have such a place. started up a new game so i can utilize the farm effectively as my old save was already well played and had things setup. 

39 minutes ago, thelordofroses said:

no problem, in regards to dungeon that sounds nice would let you use the bound version of milkpumps as well. it would be lovely to have such a place. started up a new game so i can utilize the farm effectively as my old save was already well played and had things setup. 

Spoiler

prepping.jpg.007f5994bb2c63a5e260866c99a5a5c6.jpg

I wasn't going to use MME as a dependancy but you get so little interaction without it. I'm finding little used but interesting 'furniture' in zaz so I'm still screwing around with it.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am told that it works without a problem for SE although I'm not running SE myself so I cannot confirm.

Milk Farm is just an .esp file. Give it a try. The worse that can happen is it doesn't work and you delete the .esp from your load order.

Then come back here and tell us if it does indeed work or not. Feedback is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Have only used this for a short time. There are a couple of issues that I have, small ones.  When I am out in the world there is no Milk Farm icon on the map so I can't fast travel to it. When I am at the farm, no location icons for any other place shows on the map so I can't fast travel away until I exit the farm. If the farm is an exterior, shouldn't I be able to do both?

Also, I get the impression from earlier comments that follower Milk Maids will automatically use the milk pumps when they are in proximity to the pumps. Do I understand that correctly? Mine don't. I have to "lure" them onto the milk pump then activate the pump. When I do that about 50% of the time my PC ends up using the pump and the rest of the time the follower uses it. This happens both at the farm and in the world. Clearly I'm doing something wrong. Any idea what?

On 6/30/2022 at 11:34 AM, KentuckyExpat said:

Have only used this for a short time. There are a couple of issues that I have, small ones.  When I am out in the world there is no Milk Farm icon on the map so I can't fast travel to it. When I am at the farm, no location icons for any other place shows on the map so I can't fast travel away until I exit the farm. If the farm is an exterior, shouldn't I be able to do both?

Also, I get the impression from earlier comments that follower Milk Maids will automatically use the milk pumps when they are in proximity to the pumps. Do I understand that correctly? Mine don't. I have to "lure" them onto the milk pump then activate the pump. When I do that about 50% of the time my PC ends up using the pump and the rest of the time the follower uses it. This happens both at the farm and in the world. Clearly I'm doing something wrong. Any idea what?

Greetings,

You are having unique problems. There is indeed a location icon for the Milk Farm on the map as well as a directional indicator in game. You cannot fast travel from inside the Milk Farm as I've turned that feature off. You do not see any location icons on the map from inside the Milk Farm since that is another aspect to modding that I didn't delve into. It doesn't hurt anything and since there is no fast traveling, I didn't pursue the matter. Do you have any map mods? I installed one on Fallout 4 that I had to reinstall the game to get rid of.

Maids, cows, followers.... anyone will use the milk pumps. I needed to make unique pumps with the sandbox ability turned on. If I just changed Ed86's milk pumps to sandboxing, you would have everyone lined up in all the towns to use them. Also the milk maid doesn't need to be in close proximity, they will travel to the pump to use it of their own choice.

The biggest thing with the whole milk maid aspect is that Milk Farm needs to be place in the load order after all the MME mods and requirements since it draws from the MME assets. People also have had problems with MME because of incorrect installation and find the milk pumps do wonky things or nothing at all.

Are you using the Hearthfire or non Hearthfire version? The only difference between the two is some items needed to be replaced in the non Hearthfire version. When I originally removed the Hearthfire dependency,  it trashed all the MME assets. I have been assured that I have corrected that problem, although I do not play without the DLCs.

I also do not play with the other cow/milk mods except for Elsie Lavache for MME and Ion. I do not know if BAC or the others will throw a wrench into the works.

Hopefully this gives you some things to look into. Milk Farm is a simple esp file. The only change to any assets used is the milk pumps to turn the sandboxing flag on.

I have wanted to come back to this and refine it but unfortunately my mother had a stroke last year and a second stroke about three months ago. My concerns are not with gaming at this time although I do scan these forums when I have some downtime.