Horizon Zero Dawn Modding Thread

Hi!

I wanted some instructions on how to remove headgear from Aloy's Explicit Outfits. I really want to remove the horned helmet from the Insertion Armor... and the headband from the stealth armor.

Is that a very difficult task? Is it doable for someone with zero experience in Blend?

Thanks in advance, you guys are amazing!

46 minutes ago, kibazatzue said:

Hi!

I wanted some instructions on how to remove headgear from Aloy's Explicit Outfits. I really want to remove the horned helmet from the Insertion Armor... and the headband from the stealth armor.

Is that a very difficult task? Is it doable for someone with zero experience in Blend?

Thanks in advance, you guys are amazing!

You can just do it in the in-game menu. There's an option in settings for show helmet, and you just turn that off to hide all of the helmets on all of the armors.

On 11/10/2022 at 7:39 AM, buzzbombr said:

Hello. I've read through all 54 pages of this thread. (I know, I'm stupid like that) and I'm a bit excited about following another naked woman fighting her way through a fantasy world. That hasn't happened for me since Skyrim and Fallout 4.

I'm worried about actually being able to PLAY the game though. It's a console port, and I'm old. I tried playing the Witcher on PC and there are just too darn many buttons I have to hit at the same time to be able to fight effectively. My fingers just can't push on WAS or D and also on L-Shift or L-Ctrl or whatnot without stopping and looking at what my pinky is doing.

So I'm asking for opinions: Do ya'll think someone who is an older casual gamer can play through this game with a mouse and a keyboard, without combat-related cheats (of which I have found none)? If I get a console-style controller, do you think that will make it more playable for someone like me? Or should I just continue waiting for "Starfield" and the buttloads of mods we're hoping will come soon after it's release?

Every game should be played with M+K ... I played all Souls Games with M + K and will never understand how people can play games with Controllers...and do not get me started when I watch vids on Youtube of Shooters and the player uses a controller ... that gives me anxiety...

5 hours ago, jxm said:

Every game should be played with M+K ... I played all Souls Games with M + K and will never understand how people can play games with Controllers...and do not get me started when I watch vids on Youtube of Shooters and the player uses a controller ... that gives me anxiety...

Counterpoint: Every game should be played with controller. Including classic text adventures. Typing should be done by navigating an onscreen keyboard with a joystick.

Kidding aside, I don't really get why people feel so strongly about this. You want to play Super Mario Bros on a keyboard? Knock yourself out. Doesn't sound appealing to me, but why should that matter to you? By the same token, if I've been playing FPS games on controller for 20 years and feel pretty comfortable doing it, is it really any skin off your back?

14 hours ago, jpackinwood said:

Counterpoint: Every game should be played with controller. Including classic text adventures. Typing should be done by navigating an onscreen keyboard with a joystick.

Kidding aside, I don't really get why people feel so strongly about this. You want to play Super Mario Bros on a keyboard? Knock yourself out. Doesn't sound appealing to me, but why should that matter to you? By the same token, if I've been playing FPS games on controller for 20 years and feel pretty comfortable doing it, is it really any skin off your back?

Yes. Its a matter of life and death, right and wrong, simple as that! If we accept controllers NOW, what is NEXT? You home will be taken, your family and friends sent into console-camps!

NO! This madness has gone way too long! Also Super Mario is for KIDS! Not real MEN! And kids are allowed to use a controller, until they are old enoguh for REAL games and K+M. Its like training wheels...

But someone more eloquent has said it loud and clear already:

48 minutes ago, jpackinwood said:

Ah dangit, you weren't supposed to find out about that.

First we take the cables, forcing you to rely on wireless. Then we take the mice. Then the keyboards. Then we split your controllers in two.

Piece by piece we rob you of every interface you don't use with your feet. Just the next step in our Dance Dance Revolution.

On 11/8/2022 at 11:16 AM, jxm said:

So ... no chance to get a mod for Aloy that retains her actually way more attractive athletic slender physique ? And just mildly "lewdifies" the outfits? Little more skin, away with sandals/shoes etc...

No? Just thicc and bitchy ? Puh...pity...

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Idky everyone is obsessed with the 300lb version of Aloy :?

13 hours ago, spiderman459 said:

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Idky everyone is obsessed with the 300lb version of Aloy :?

I'm no fan of the large Aloy that's more prominent lately, but I don't bother saying what I don't like, unless there's context. So, I guess, it's the focus lately because it's what's being released lately... a lot of us have nothing to say about it. I think Toof is working on an athletic version with the bigger rack, or has plans to.

Edited by chooo
Correction
2 hours ago, chooo said:

I'm no fan of the large Aloy that's more prominent lately, but I don't bother saying what I don't like, unless there's context. So, I guess, it's the focus lately because it's what's being released lately... a lot of us have nothing to say about it. I think Toof is working on an athletic version with the bigger rack, or has plans to.

Yeah, exactly this. The new ultrathicc mods aren't really to my liking, but there's not much reason to complain about them. The alternative is nothing, and something I don't like vs nothing at all is about the same to me.

On 11/22/2022 at 4:24 AM, spiderman459 said:

Non thicc mods were done in the past. My favorite is the one from PositronLazor

https://www.nexusmods.com/horizonzerodawn/mods/60
with the fix from the bugs section
Aloy nude mod 1.1 fix 1 for HZD 1.0.11.x
It is supposed somewhere here in this thread too.

On 11/23/2022 at 5:09 AM, jpackinwood said:

Yeah, exactly this. The new ultrathicc mods aren't really to my liking, but there's not much reason to complain about them. The alternative is nothing, and something I don't like vs nothing at all is about the same to me.

Yeah. People mod what they have passion for. It's a toincoss if the rest of us have passion for the same thing.

That means sometimes you get stuff like the old mods, which have been my oxygen. And a lot of the times you don't.

On 11/10/2022 at 3:25 PM, Mick TB said:

As someone who was a PC gamer, went console because they were simple, left console because they got complex and is back on PC, I have to say getting a controller is worth it for Third Person games in general, not just HZD.

It comes down to movement you see in Third Person (and don't in First Person) because on a keyboard you're limited to eight directions and have to use a toggle to switch speeds. On a controller you have an analogue stick, giving you more directions and varied speeds depending on how hard you push. Movement looks and feels more natural and less robotic, and when you're watching a naked chick traverse post apocalyptic Colorado for a few hours, that adds up.

And it will apply to most third person games. The downside is aiming, which is always easier with a mouse than a stick, but most singleplayer games are pretty forgiving on that and HZD is one of them. When you start, just put your thumbs on the sticks and move them them around until moving and looking feels natural.

Thank you, man. Yours was the most thoughtful answer I received. Everything you said made total sense, so I bought a controller.... And I hate it. Everything is better, just as you described, but as a casual PC gamer, it's just irritating as hell. I feel like the whole world has to stop just so I can take a sip of my beer or a toke off of my cigarette.

Here's the MAJOR caveat: I haven't yet had to dodge in this game. We both know that time is coming, and that's why I followed your advice to get  a controller.

On 11/10/2022 at 3:00 PM, StuRedman said:

There is a "story" difficulty in the game which should make combat pretty easy.
Just try it!

Your advice was also "spot on!" Holy cow, I'm sneaking around, got high on a rock and killed five of those things with my little bow, and it felt really good! I'm having a blast of a time thanks to you mentioning the "story mode." Thank you.

On 11/14/2022 at 5:28 PM, jxm said:

I have to admit, I dislike you vitriolic approach to what was a simple question. Here's the big HOWEVER, I also prefer a mouse and keyboard. Please read above, but thus far it has worked for me, and I am thoroughly enjoying playing the game with a mouse and keyboard. It just seems more natural to me. (Which is totally whack, since there's nothing natural about it, but there you are.)

I appreciate your opinion and I thank you for it.

On 10/28/2022 at 11:58 PM, Toofster said:

Right, in that case.....I'll have a euro from everyone who's downloaded my mods so far!. Joke, obviously?.  It's a real shame when mods disappear behind a pay wall?.

Hi, which body do you use for your mods? Orangy's or PositronLazor69? I just want the best option for weight transferring. I know orangy's body has some issues with legs while crouching.

On 11/22/2022 at 5:24 AM, spiderman459 said:

People like and want different things and there's nothing weird about it. Despite being redonkulously unrealistic for the way she moves, there's such a big demand for this stuff that it completely surprised me. These are kink mods for a niche audience. Like them? Nice. Don't like them? It's totally fine. There's no point in questioning what other people like.

1151640_20221010102739_1.png.286b34ea85e1b61b49051cc933e472d2.png

Edited by TheGreatKatulu
On 11/14/2022 at 2:28 PM, jxm said:

Versatility is the strength of PC gaming, and nothing else trumps it. Even being able to have a far more powerful rig and possiblely far superior gaming experience than a console is because of freedom of choice and mostly open hardware and software platforms. Never forget that.

I use both kb/m and controller. In fact, I have an expensive custom-built mechanical computer and still use my controller a lot. It's far more comfortable for 2D platformers/action games, and stuff like RPG maker indie games and visual novels where you really just need a remote to push things along, so I can be chill laid back in my chair instead of properly seated, hands on my keyboard and mouse.

Likewise, simplier 3D action games feel pretty great on controller too, i.e. many RPGs, especially turn-based ones, though it depends on the game for me. Still play tons of stuff KB/M only, like shooters, strat gamers, and games with more complicated menu elements and/or mechanics as is often the case with 4X and so on.

There's plenty of room for both to cooexist and it's easy to see why one would prefer one over the other. The thing you should be proud of here is the ability to so easily and freely choose, same with pretty much any aspect of PC gaming vs console gaming and the only argument that really matters.

While I agree with you that shooters on controller are super meh to me, I vomited hearing you played soulsborne games on keyboard/mouse, especially with their historically terrible kb/m support prior to recent games.

• 2 weeks later...