Horizon Zero Dawn Modding Thread

I browsed through the half of the pages, and I still can't understand: is there an easy way to adjust Aloy's body? I don't want to see her naked, but I want her to be thicc like in QueenJessieJ's Shield Babe. It seems that there are only a couple of mods available that make Aloy curvier and they are limited to just certain outfits. However, there are so many other outfits in this game, and I don't want to limit myself to only Nora Brave/Outcast and Shield-Weaver.

2 hours ago, m0rdr3d0 said:

However, there are so many other outfits in this game, and I don't want to limit myself to only Nora Brave/Outcast and Shield-Weaver.

If you mean that you don't want to be limited to two armor types with only those bonuses, then I guess you want to use the mod Aloy's Adjustments. It gives you the option of changing the appearance of an outfit so that it looks like another outfit. For example, make everything look like Nora Brave. But It doesn't change the appearance of the undergarments outfit.

It won't increase the variety of outfits, but it means you can get the armor performance that you want.

6 hours ago, Mick TB said:

If you mean that you don't want to be limited to two armor types with only those bonuses, then I guess you want to use the mod Aloy's Adjustments. It gives you the option of changing the appearance of an outfit so that it looks like another outfit. For example, make everything look like Nora Brave. But It doesn't change the appearance of the undergarments outfit.

It won't increase the variety of outfits, but it means you can get the armor performance that you want.

But the body itself is tied to the outfit, right? I can't simply add some meat to Aloy, the entire outfit needs to be edited?

5 hours ago, m0rdr3d0 said:

But the body itself is tied to the outfit, right? I can't simply add some meat to Aloy, the entire outfit needs to be edited?

As I understand it, each one comes as a package. Unless you've got the modding skills to go in and mess with her geography, you'll have to take one of the bodies that's available.

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2023 at 9:24 PM, Gwandak said:

Edit: I found it. Seems to be the Thicc Aloy mod from page 18. However, now I am having an issue with it where it causes the body to disappear and glitch all over the screen. Is there a fix for this or is it something that is known but not being worked on?

Horizon Zero Dawn_Sat_Jun__3_02-03-43_2023.png

Horizon Zero Dawn_Sat_Jun__3_02-04-05_2023.png

I'm having this issue as well. orangy's explicit mod works just fine, but as soon as I install Toofster's edit and replace the existing z06Patch_stealth_baseEDIT.bin from orangy's mod I get exploding textures like that for the Nora Silent Hunter Light, Medium and Heavy outfits.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I prefer Toofster's model and textures more, but I can't get it working in-game.

Edit: did some more reading through the thread, maybe this issue is from using Aloy's Adjustments? It kind of sounds like that mod can introduce issues with Toofster's edited file. Guess I'll have to unlock the Nora Silent Hunter outfit naturally and see what happens.

Edit 2: Figured out the issue. It's because of the z06Patch_stealth_baseCORE.bin file. Removing that by deleting it or appending .backup fixed the issue. Now the mod works for me! Although now I see that the reason the Nora Brave outfit gets used for mods so much is because of the added jiggle provided with that outfit specifically. While I love Toofster's model and textures I'm very sad that it doesn't have jiggle due to it replacing the Nora Silent Hunter outfit instead of the Nora Brave outfit. Oh well.

Edited by VonRaschke
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really hope the modders will be able to fix Aloy's potato face quickly. I loved the first game, so I want to pick up the PC port ASAP (assuming it's good, and since Sony bought Nixxes it almost certainly will be, provided Nixxes is handling the port), and while I don't mind waiting for the nude mods, I hate what they did to my girls' face! I won't play it until I can stick it to 'em with a nice mod to fix their woke nonsense.

Edited by LTD
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2023 at 9:06 AM, LTD said:

I really hope the modders will be able to fix Aloy's potato face quickly. I loved the first game, so I want to pick up the PC port ASAP (assuming it's good, and since Sony bought Nixxes it almost certainly will be, provided Nixxes is handling the port), and while I don't mind waiting for the nude mods, I hate what they did to my girls' face! I won't play it until I can stick it to 'em with a nice mod to fix their woke nonsense.

I am genuinely curious, why is this woke?

On 10/19/2023 at 9:22 PM, RASLovers said:

Un completo asco progre!

And again, beeing genuinely here, why do some of the people in this thread think that the new Aloy model is ugly?

11 hours ago, xXThalMorXx said:

I am genuinely curious, why is this woke?

And again, beeing genuinely here, why do some of the people in this thread think that the new Aloy model is ugly?

The "Male Gaze" and their efforts not to cater to it. Attractive, especially if they are at all sexy, female characters have become "problematic" because they supposedly pander to this "Male Gaze." Truth, they do pander to male gamers, and a lot of female ones too, but the whole idea of the "Male Gaze" is idiotic. It flies in the very face of how art works. Don't take my word for it, either, Camille Paglia said so and she has all the right credentials and history to do so.

Suffice it to say, we've seen this all over video games for the last decade or so, games with female characters that are deliberately made to be less appealing to the supposed majority male gaming audience. Everything from 2013s Tomb Raider redesign of Lara, who is still pretty, but a lot less busty and curvy (personally I like the new one better, because I like athletic chicks, so jokes' on them!) to the just released Spider-Man 2 and MJ looking like...I don't even know, some middle aged cat-mom, not the total smoke show she is canonically.

Why do they do this? Well, that's a whole can of worms, but in a nutshell, it's for investor capital (Blackrock/ESG) because of how much money it takes to make games these days.

How can I explain why I find new Aloy unappealing? Well, they obviously changed her model, just for a start. Look at the images chooo posted. I think having her obviously not wearing making up, a little wind and sun burnt, that makes sense and I could roll with that. But they changed the model! Personally, I just don't find the new Aloy attractive at all. Horrible, homely potato face, and while the first games Aloy wasn't exactly a super model, she was pretty in a real, maybe girl-next-door sort of way. But that's kind of appealing and therefore haram!

Edited by LTD
tense correction because Camille Paglia is not dead!
9 minutes ago, Vechernyaya said:

So, "woke" is when you find something or someone unattractive ?

The already nonexisting definition continue to get broader and broader. Recently on Steam's forum, some guy asked if a game would be woke, as, will it depict religious people in a negative way or mention the climate change...

There are some people who have that sort of kneejerk reaction to things like that, but no, having a female lead, or a story about a climate apocalypse, or whatever else, does not inherently make something "woke."

They aren't "woke" because they made a game with a homely female protagonist.

They are "woke" because of why they made a game with a homely female protagonist.

Motives matter.

Oh... So "woke" is also when you are projecting on people's motivations ? You're not even judging the result, but the thought process that lead to it...

Thought police uh, Orwell would have liked that...

But then why is Aloy attractive on the covert art and some artwork ?

4063078.jpg

horizon-forbidden-west-desktop-01-wallpa

Maybe the 3d artist is just bad, I mean, all bethesda's game have ugly characters since Morrowind, but people only call it woke since Starfield. All Arcane game with the notable exception of Dark Messiah have ugly characters but it only became woke when the protagonist became black with Deathloop, and there's tons of exemple. On the other side, some game called "woke" have attractive characters like BG3, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Wolfenstein Young Blood, Cyberpunk 2077 (or even the Witcher 3, I've seen people call it woke because all female are smart and strong while males are dumb and evil. Yeah, that's dumb) or the Life is Strange franchise for exemple. Does this mean that "woke" can mean something and it's opposite ?

And I'm not saying that I find Aloy attractive, I would like a mod with a new head. But just stop with the woke nonsense.

Edited by Vechernyaya

I have happy memories in this thread. Can we not get it closed for irrelevancy?

And relax:

forbiddenwest.jpg.6230205500f47ab54d2d1cfba828be35.jpg

That's Aloy in Forbidden West. That's going to be on the other side of what you're looking at for most of the game. Stop panicking, and stop basing your opinion on a sequence that uses a simulated focal lens to recreate a first-person view. That always messes with the shape of a face.

On 10/28/2023 at 2:23 AM, Vechernyaya said:

Oh... So "woke" is also when you are projecting on people's motivations ? You're not even judging the result, but the thought process that lead to it...

Thought police uh, Orwell would have liked that...

But then why is Aloy attractive on the covert art and some artwork ?

4063078.jpg

horizon-forbidden-west-desktop-01-wallpa

Maybe the 3d artist is just bad, I mean, all bethesda's game have ugly characters since Morrowind, but people only call it woke since Starfield. All Arcane game with the notable exception of Dark Messiah have ugly characters but it only became woke when the protagonist became black with Deathloop, and there's tons of exemple. On the other side, some game called "woke" have attractive characters like BG3, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Wolfenstein Young Blood, Cyberpunk 2077 (or even the Witcher 3, I've seen people call it woke because all female are smart and strong while males are dumb and evil. Yeah, that's dumb) or the Life is Strange franchise for exemple. Does this mean that "woke" can mean something and it's opposite ?

And I'm not saying that I find Aloy attractive, I would like a mod with a new head. But just stop with the woke nonsense.

I think I was pretty clear in my judgement of the result: I don't like it. I did say that, right? 

What stops my take from being Orwellian is that I am not saying they shouldn't be allowed to make "woke" content. Anyone can make whatever they want and I'll decide whether or not to spend my money on it based on whatever criteria I feel like. I skip a lot, and I mean a lot of games that otherwise look very cool and fun to me because I don't like first person, for example. I still play some, when other factors outweigh 'em (like Cyberpunk 2077 because I'm huge fan of the genre and the TTRPG it was based on, but the FPP bothers me just a little bit every single moment I'm in there), and the same goes for some games that have a "woke" element or five in them, just so long as the whole story isn't dragged down because it's oriented to be some kind of agitprop.

But enough of that. Mick TB is right. I was asked, so I answered, but I won't derail this thread any further. I have no problem continuing the discussion with you, but I leave that to you to decide. If you want a deep dive on my thoughts on all of this DM me, or don't and we can move on and just get back to our obviously shared love of lewd gaming. ;)

15 hours ago, AllenHAnon said:

Has there been any continuation of the Explicit Outfits mods? I like that they kept Aloy's original body-shape and kept the aesthetics of the actual outfits, but they were never completed... or at least, they weren't completed on Nexus...

The version on nexus is the newest I am aware of, it has most of the outfits in the game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2021 at 6:37 PM, Toofster said:

Apologies for the lack of updates, real world things got in the way and I've not been able to work on this beyond what I've already shown.  The model still has seams, but the second LOD works well, so feel free to have a play with the file below.  Just drop it on top of orangy's explicit outfits mod and it will replace the Nora Silent Hunter outfits.  It's not perfect by any means, just me having some fun :) .  I'll try to finish it properly at some point. Credit to orangy for all his hard work.

Horizon Zero Dawn_Fri_Apr_23_17-24-36_2021_1.png

Horizon Zero Dawn_Fri_Apr_23_18-06-52_2021_1.png

Thicc_Aloy.rar 5.06 MB · 4,525 downloads

I think it is this one. An addon to Orangy's mod.