Fairy Tail 2020 Mods

4 hours ago, fraggerman said:

Also close the explorer window if you are still in the FairyTail directory. The game won't start for me if I have that open. Don't know why it does this, it's not related to the mod tho.

The reason for this is beyond ridiculously fucking stupid. In fact its SO stupid its facepalm of the year, all years...

It happens coz the game creates some files within the game folder on launch and requires read/write permissions to those files, BUT... whoever coded this shit tries to set said permissions on the entire folder... which will then FAIL because the 'folder is open in another process' ie explorer.exe. So the game won't launch!

Whoever coded this should be hung by the balls.

1 hour ago, kunobanget said:

yeay go for it!

By the way is it possible to add additional alternative costume mods to the wardrobe?

Like for example a version of Lucy default costume but without the vest?

Thanks

897abdc4c7695704e7d407e09c975e5d--read-fairy-tail-fairy-tail-manga.jpg

Right now we can only edit what exists - we can't throw in additional slots. (I think 3DMigoto makes it pretty easy to swap active mods on the fly though.) As for that particular look, that's pretty easy to do. Here's a mockup example I did in like 10 seconds.

Spoiler

blender_2020-08-05_03-09-17.png.2dc5db30b29dd2f75da55b883ddd69dc.png

3 hours ago, Misaki Ki said:

Eventually I'd like to adapt these to 3DMigoto in a non-conflicting way, but I'll worry about that when I'm done.

That's actually quite easy to do. Just send me a list of all dds files you modified and specify if it's the skin directly(ps-t0) the layer above it(ps-t2) or a mask(ps-t3, usually used for clothes texture) and I can add all of them to an ini to load them on runtime. If the textures already have the hash in their name it's even easier to do but I haven't checked that yet, because I dumped mine with 3DMigoto.

Here's an example for Lucy's skin texture: 

Spoiler

example.png.5c46875cc9e3376e23fd4fd0f8197351.png

On 8/5/2020 at 11:52 AM, xnajoe said:

So with this mods folder method it says we can add new mods, and press F10 in game to load the new mods. Is it also possible to be able to turn the mods on and off with a button?

I copied over some functionality from the DOAVV mod to enable this. Here's the changes: 

Unzip this to the FairyTail directory and overwrite the old files.

F1 will show you a help menu, F2 toggles mods on/off.

You can also disable single mods by writing DISABLED at the front of the folder you want to exclude. Press F10 to reload then.

Edit: removed the zip. Get the new base mod here https://www.loverslab.com/topic/149925-fairy-tail-2020-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3100835

27 minutes ago, fraggerman said:

I copied over some functionality from the DOAVV mod to enable this. Here's the changes: FAIRY TAIL.zip

You can also disable single mods by writing DISABLED at the front of the folder you want to exclude. Press F10 to reload then.

awesome! thank you

3 hours ago, fraggerman said:

That's actually quite easy to do. Just send me a list of all dds files you modified and specify if it's the skin directly(ps-t0) the layer above it(ps-t2) or a mask(ps-t3, usually used for clothes texture) and I can add all of them to an ini to load them on runtime. If the textures already have the hash in their name it's even easier to do but I haven't checked that yet, because I dumped mine with 3DMigoto.

Reveal hidden contents

Very very good. Anyone can use it easily  (✿╹◡╹) 

I will wait for the work of this to be completed.

12 hours ago, fraggerman said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I saw that when I took a peek earlier at what you released. The only reason I haven't adapted it to 3DMigoto yet was because I don't have a save file with everything unlocked.

Everything I've done is uploaded here already; I included a list of files that says what I modified in each zip. I'd like to release everything as a single bundle when it's all done, but until then I could do single character releases with 3DMigoto if I could confirm each outfit works properly in game myself.

1 minute ago, Lord Crocosquirrel said:

They used to call that "On-disc DLC."

There went their good review. To think, I had such nice things to say about it earlier today.

I'm aware of what it's called, I was just surprised because I thought I'd have access to those costumes in game. It's a severe letdown.

And yeah, the overall rating dropped super fast!

18 hours ago, fraggerman said:

I copied over some functionality from the DOAVV mod to enable this. Here's the changes: FAIRY TAIL.zip

How do I install it exactly?
Please with folder guard.

THX^^

I fixed the shadow map. The shadows now actually look like the new meshes. I also disabled one shadow layer because it throws some weird shadows on the body even with the fix. Here's how it looks like now: 

Spoiler

shadowfix.png.233b8bfafca08bc34f84ca14bdecddfa.png

I repacked everything you need into a new zip. This contains everything I did so far. Some things are disabled. You can enable them by removing the DISABLED in the foldername but they are heavy WIP so will not look good or heavily unfinished. I also put the decensor textures into their own mod folder and will add more costumes/characters as I finish them and release a new package once I am done. For now it contains the base costume for Lucy and Erza.

To install this just extract it into your FairyTail directory. I renamed some stuff so if you worry about storage space, delete the old mod folder beforehand. If the shadows don't update correctly press Shift+F2 to switch between shadow modes(original/on/off). Original is the original shadow map, on is the fixed one and off is, well off...

Edit: removed the zip. Get the new base mod here. I am also redoing all my meshes.

4 hours ago, Misaki Ki said:

Wait, these weren't available in the game? I had no idea. All of these were in the files already.

Hide contents

Noesis_2020-08-05_23-42-58.png.6170321e2658ec60856e11a65e1895fa.png

Really? That means the dlc only contains coding that will make those costumea available? Is there anymore alternative costumes beyond those 48 dlc?

1 hour ago, fraggerman said:

I fixed the shadow map. The shadows now actually look like the new meshes. I also disabled one shadow layer because it throws some weird shadows on the body even with the fix. Here's how it looks like now: 

Reveal hidden contents

shadowfix.png.233b8bfafca08bc34f84ca14bdecddfa.png

I repacked everything you need into a new zip. This contains everything I did so far. Some things are disabled. You can enable them by removing the DISABLED in the foldername but they are heavy WIP so will not look good or heavily unfinished. I also put the decensor textures into their own mod folder and will add more costumes/characters as I finish them and release a new package once I am done. For now it contains the base costume for Lucy and Erza.

To install this just extract it into your FairyTail directory. I renamed some stuff so if you worry about storage space, delete the old mod folder beforehand. If the shadows don't update correctly press Shift+F2 to switch between shadow modes(original/on/off). Original is the original shadow map, on is the fixed one and off is, well off...

FAIRY TAIL.7z 4.14 MB · 3 downloads

Awesome update! keep up the good work :)

Also does any one have a save file they can share for the game, where its at the point we can change outfits and explore magnolia?

I haven't actually started the game yet as im not past the point in the anime where some of the games story takes place. Im about 40 episodes off and im waiting to actually properly play the game till after i have watched those episodes, but id love for now to just be able to walk around the world.

53 minutes ago, xnajoe said:

Also does any one have a save file they can share for the game, where its at the point we can change outfits and explore magnolia?

I haven't actually started the game yet as im not past the point in the anime where some of the games story takes place. Im about 40 episodes off and im waiting to actually properly play the game till after i have watched those episodes, but id love for now to just be able to walk around the world.

working on it, just reached chapter 6 out of 10 i guess

31 minutes ago, Togurolucifer said:

working on it, just reached chapter 6 out of 10 i guess

any chance you can share that? im not after a 100% save as i will be playing through the game my self in a couple of weeks. for now  im just after a save thats got enough progress that i can walk around the guild hall and visit Lucy's house.