Fairy Tail 2020 Mods

4 minutes ago, bastard016017 said:

how can i edit MaterialEditor.rdb i only can extract using rdbtools how to repack.

Use rdbtool in the command line terminal. "rdbtool $filename", then choose reimport and give it a folder with the g1t files.

I am currently looking into swapping textures with 3DMigoto so you can do that live while playing instead of repacking every time.

2 hours ago, fraggerman said:

The picture I posted above is an example of what 3Dmigoto can do to not paint certain buffers. What I want to do is actually replace them and that will need some heavy mesh editing. This requires knowledge about mesh editing and weighting and I have none of that. So if anyone here could do that for me it would be a big help. Everything I try has messed up weights somewhere... I attached the g1ms for the 2 models. You can extract them with g1mtools from above. I also added a version of 3DMigoto to easily load these mods. My messed up mod and exports of the original is in there too.

Reveal hidden contents

This is with no weigths at allmissing_weights.png.de67a7f3625d44dd9a57a5cde4fe5f32.png

And this is when I try to transfer weights from the original body onto the swimsuit

messed_weights.png.0a53904ce15ec95eeb642f002ba276c9.png

It's probably worth the effort of learning. What you're asking for is a large amount of what you're aiming to do, with a bunch of trial and error on top of it. I'm sure you'll pick up on it quickly since you seem pretty capable.

Anyway,  I did a quick and dirty mesh edit (no texture changes) on Lucy to check a few things. I'll mess with 3DMigoto next time, and a couple of other things now that I'm getting the idea.

Spoiler

WReq2bL.png.842f8b37f5649a1e1b63e4e6ecef2f17.png

1 hour ago, wutooo said:

I took care of some more of the censorship shades. I don't know a lot about the way this game handles its files and all, so I just visually compared the textures which seemed to be censor shades. If you import these g1t's into your "MaterialEditor.rdb" it should take care of most, if not all of the censorship shades. Thanks for the hard work others are putting into this and other games!

Sometime later we'll have to confirm what files are actually being edited, but this is nice for anyone who wants to play now~

11 minutes ago, Misaki Ki said:

Sometime later we'll have to confirm what files are actually being edited, but this is nice for anyone who wants to play now~

Jup, it only takes care of the obnoxious black voids. Didn't check whether or not I took out some skin tight black clothing or something. Though I did mostly pick textures with the fairy tail tattoo. Just a quick and dirty hack for the impatient. Even though I haven't run into issues some 6 hours into using it, make sure to backup your files!

1 hour ago, Inergi said:

The only one where the black censor is like fist to the face is Wendy. Could anybody post how it looks like ?

This is what the skin texture looks like censored/fixed. I removed the skirt for better visibility. Still a lot of work to do because I don't understand meshes :/ Going to have to take a whole blender course after my exams I guess...

Spoiler

censored.png.6b28059498f65f4cbdbc346822948c44.pngdecensored.png.0e4399e0e2b67e4d9ad3712bcef51dfc.png

It also seems like I got rid of some color by removing mipmaps or changing formats? Have to look into that.

2 hours ago, bitzupa said:

To anyone that cares, 1.0 version of game has no cencorship, its steam release that is prepatched with 1.1 i think, it adds censorship. If any one can get hands on 1.0 version it would be easy to remove censorhip completely.

I tried looking at that earlier on. There is only the one manifest, so that isn't an option for PC. The uncensored files do exist on the PS4 (I'd imagine the disc,) and possibly the Switch, so it might be possible to grab from those.

1 hour ago, Focus Spire said:

I'm not familiar with steam manifests, but - if the game had been downloaded but never updated, would it still have the original files?

I'm a little hazy on this too. From what I gather (some of this is conjecture,) there was only one version of the game uploaded to a public branch on the 27th. The decision to censor the game likely happened after it went gold, where physical copies were already produced. That's why there was a day 1 patch for the other platforms.

For Steam, only the censored version reached public hands.

2 hours ago, Misaki Ki said:

I'm a little hazy on this too. From what I gather (some of this is conjecture,) there was only one version of the game uploaded to a public branch on the 27th. The decision to censor the game likely happened after it went gold, where physical copies were already produced. That's why there was a day 1 patch for the other platforms.

For Steam, only the censored version reached public hands.

Hm, I have a modded switch I wonder if I'd be able to pull these files from the unpatched version of the game then.

Thanks to all for the effort so far. I tried importing the 'censor removal' and I'll say it 'kinda works'...

It does remove the shadow, but the panties are all black and I have a feeling that's not supposed to be the case. Lucy for example in this screen here is wearing white:

EeWcJvqWoAg01Ji?format=png&name=large

But with the removal on the same outfit, her panties are black. Same with Wendy.

fBWo9kO.png

So either there is another layer of color over the panties, or they literally changed the panty color for all girls to black and called it a day... if they did that, its pretty poor form...

30 minutes ago, KS212 said:

Thanks to all for the effort so far. I tried importing the 'censor removal' and I'll say it 'kinda works'...

It does remove the shadow, but the panties are all black and I have a feeling that's not supposed to be the case. Lucy for example in this screen here is wearing white:

But with the removal on the same outfit, her panties are black. Same with Wendy.

fBWo9kO.png

So either there is another layer of color over the panties, or they literally changed the panty color for all girls to black and called it a day... if they did that, its pretty poor form...

that imgur picture doesnt load for me

Cethleann's extraction of rdb has proven itself useful. The filelist-FairyTail-rdb.csv that it contains is also invaluable.

Anyway, the textures appear to be untouched. The panties are *mostly* there. Wendy's was censored completely, painted out. (It might've been their original intention to do so.)

Erza's and Lucy's are intact. That's all I checked.

Spoiler

yADMT7f.png.d0b76dbdbee4ac2a98e1dcf0dff52032.png

Blender 2.8X > 2.79

Getting them to appear properly in the game is harder. I tried messing with the socc (occlusion?) files, but no real go there. Something else is still affecting it. (Perhaps a different material in game? Not sure.)    I repacked the wrong file, ehehe.

It's worth noting that the socc files are BC4U DDS, which is extremely uncommon.

Spoiler

YYtYpw5.png.936ac3fc4b3f86dc0c4fb771e6c0356c.png3INWgnO.png.97a730f2c2e5715c3439988ea9b81031.png

I need to try the other characters later, but for now, I'm going to take a break here.

6 hours ago, makke007 said:

that imgur picture doesnt load for me

Sorry, should have just pasted it in as an attachment

image.png.c9bc500c3ed59c9d4c4c41d3c2276ba2.png

I somehow knew they were going to screw over Wendy... Even in the manga they don't let you see what's under her skirt, while Lucy and Erza are total fair game all the time :(

On 8/2/2020 at 3:24 PM, wutooo said:

Can u share your MaterialEditor.rdb if u edit or anyone had edited ver. MaterialEditor.rdb I just want swap file I cant edited with rbdtool

Okay, here's a version with Lucy that should have the correct colors on her panties. This only applies to the default costume, and a recoloring of that. Someone test and let me know if it works~

I removed part of the mesh so I could see changes myself. This isn't included in the files.

Spoiler

FAIRY_TAIL_2020-08-03_20-18-10.png.75cbc4e5e44b30b1637d1fc56300c1f4.png

Lucy v0.001.zip

As rdbtool says, we can drag the directory to import everything at once.

I had trouble with this particular skin texture. I'm not sure the correct way to modify the dxt1 and maintain the correct colors.

2020-08-03_20-30-57.png.8f9b490c5af9c64cf1aea29dab6b425d.png

You can see the colors are slightly different. The version that @wutooo made also includes this error. It's entirely possible all the ones we previously did do too. Ultimately what I did was just hexedit the original DDS, but that can be time consuming.

1 hour ago, Misaki Ki said:

Okay, here's a version with Lucy that should have the correct colors on her panties. This only applies to the default costume, and a recoloring of that. Someone test and let me know if it works~

I removed part of the mesh so I could see changes myself. This isn't included in the files.

Reveal hidden contents

Lucy v0.001.zip 352.2 kB · 4 downloads

I had trouble with this particular skin texture. I'm not sure the correct way to modify the dxt1 and maintain the correct colors.

You can see the colors are slightly different. The version that @wutooo made also includes this error. It's entirely possible all the ones we previously did do too. Ultimately what I did was just hexedit the original DDS, but that can be time consuming.

Thanks for this. I tried but its hard to confirm coz her default costume actually does not have an 'easy' upskirt shot like the Team A costume does. What we really need is a 'free camera' hack of some sort...

2 hours ago, Misaki Ki said:

Reveal hidden contents

Lucy v0.001.zip 352.2 kB · 7 downloads

Yes, this works well if it wasn't for the camera angle.

Thanks @Misaki Ki

Would be great if you can do the same thing with her Fairy Tail Team A Costume as well.

1 hour ago, kunobanget said:

Yes, this works well if it wasn't for the camera angle.

Thanks @Misaki Ki

Would be great if you can do the same thing with her Fairy Tail Team A Costume as well.

That particular costume is interesting, they did something different there too. The occlusion texture seems fine, but the albedo was colored to a dark navy blue. I'll color it white, and hopefully it'll look okay as is. I can't test it yet myself, I'm still pretty much in the tutorial stages of the game.

Edit: Actually, it's in the same format (DXT1). I suspect because of the way the format is, I'll never quite get the exact colors converting things around. I don't think it matters much for clothing, but skin it does.