Fairy Tail 2020 Mods

31 minutes ago, 2randomze said:

When I try to open Levy's clothing model from a frame analysis in Blender it gives an error that the model is in 4D.  Any ideas why? Hasn't happened for any other characters.

Did you try to extract it from the rdb to see if it has the same behaviour? I have problems getting sherrias model to work but get the same errors when trying it with the model from the rdb so it is something with the model itself that is clashing with the import script.

Edit: I extracted the model from the rdb and get the same error for Levy. Seems like an issue with the model and the import script again.

Edit2: seems like the 4D thing is a known issue https://github.com/DarkStarSword/3d-fixes/issues/3

I'm working on a "short skirt" mod if there's any interest in me sharing it.  Literally just deleting vertices to make the skirts short, not fixing the textures to look good or anything.

As for the camera, I think character_playable.xml may be related to it.  It has camera_at and camera_eye settings with values for the dimensions that I assume relate to the camera height depending on the character you're playing (Wendy is short so her camera needs to be lower for example), but setting the values to 999 did nothing.  Maybe there's a max limit to the values and if you go past that limit it reverts to defaults.  But if anyone wants to do some more playing in that file maybe you'll figure something out.

Also, consider donating to DarkStarSword for his work on 3Dmigoto.  Apparently he's having a tough time, and a lot of this would be way more difficult without his work.

@fraggerman I messaged DarkStarSword about the 4D issue, perhaps he'll have a solution if he sees it.

1 hour ago, fraggerman said:

Did you try to extract it from the rdb to see if it has the same behaviour? I have problems getting sherrias model to work but get the same errors when trying it with the model from the rdb so it is something with the model itself that is clashing with the import script.

Edit: I extracted the model from the rdb and get the same error for Levy. Seems like an issue with the model and the import script again.

Edit2: seems like the 4D thing is a known issue https://github.com/DarkStarSword/3d-fixes/issues/3

That "4D error" is because these meshes are not classic meshes. These are meshes with specific data in their buffers, meant to be sent to be used by the KTGL physics engine. Reconstructing these is not trivial, ingame the process roughly goes like this  : cloth mesh vertices deformed on the ground -> the physics simulation is applied to the driver nodes instead of every single vertex -> vertices are reconstructed thanks to these nodes by the vertex shader, using a succession of operations. The nodes' position are in the so called NUNO/NUNV sections (in the few FT samples I saw they only use NUNO).

If you're just interested in static viewing you can use my script to preview these with the correct shape : https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21666

However as I mention when you'll start previewing animations, only the driver shapes will follow and they'll stay stiff as no physics sim is applied, check the Lighting gif in the first page to see what I mean by that.

Anyways if you want to mod these cloth meshes you can take a look at how I reconstruct these using the buffers' data and the NUN sections https://github.com/Joschuka/fmt_g1m/blob/master/Noesis/plugins/python/fmt_g1m.py#L2568-L2612

You'll have to reverse the process and make a tool for that in Blender, didn't look into this at all myself since I'm only interested in extraction.

On 8/13/2020 at 1:09 AM, Ikaros473 said:

Is there a way to convert all the g1t files into .dds at the same time? Im using gust tools and it seems to only take 1 g1t at a time

You can make a batch script using the gust tools or use Noesis' batch converter with my script.

1 hour ago, 2randomze said:

I'm working on a "short skirt" mod if there's any interest in me sharing it.  Literally just deleting vertices to make the skirts short, not fixing the textures to look good or anything.

As for the camera, I think character_playable.xml may be related to it.  It has camera_at and camera_eye settings with values for the dimensions that I assume relate to the camera height depending on the character you're playing (Wendy is short so her camera needs to be lower for example), but setting the values to 999 did nothing.  Maybe there's a max limit to the values and if you go past that limit it reverts to defaults.  But if anyone wants to do some more playing in that file maybe you'll figure something out.

everything you have focus on right now (shorter skirts and Camera/Players vanishing) is so good, i hope you can realise both of these things:)

I am working on getting most of the girls topless in their swimsuits right now. But I am no artist so the quality is somewhat lacking. This is the best I got going so far with just randomly drawing onto the texture until I hit a spot that fits kind of on the chest and moving the nipple mesh around.

Spoiler

kagura.png.44fc067e0ff9b7e1ad4ab20d2331dea2.png

Wendy will be hard to do since all her costumes have so much of her not rendered at all. And for sherria I am struggling to load the model. I'll see what I can do for the other characters but getting them similar to this example will be my limit most likely.

1 hour ago, 2randomze said:

I made a miniskirt too(lucy only), but I didn't find a way to remove the "fake shadow" darker skin under the skirt(I don't mean the censor), if you find something please feel free to let me know :) , for the camera I tried modify that xml using multiple numbers but nothing :(.

@skizzat93 to remove the shadow you have to edit Lucy's skin occlusion.  I attached an example below.  

[TextureOverrideDefaultLucySkin]
Hash = 3e03e2f8
;ps-t0 = ResourceReplaceTextureDefaultClothingAlbedo
ps-t2 = ResourceReplaceTextureDefaultSkinOcclusion

[ResourceReplaceTextureDefaultSkinOcclusion]
filename = Default\defaultlucyskin_occ.png

Spoiler

defaultlucyskin_occ.png

@fraggerman I'm not great with blender, but taking the mesh from Sheria's bikini and copying it into Wendy's is probably the best bet.  I tried it by borrowing from Lucy's mesh but the  hip ratio was different so it would have required more work.  Sheria's may be closer though.  For the chest area, I was thinking there must be a way to resize the vector faces to match another object, so perhaps use her clothes as a guide and snap the area to that size, but I'm not familiar enough with Blender to know if that's actually an easy method.

Okay, so when importing to blender many meshes with physics like cloth or hair are deformed into the ground. Does this cause any problems when reimporting back into the game? For example, using g1mtools to convert g1m to fbx, then fbx back to g1m. I'm assuming the game would still process the model the same way, despite seeing the meshes in the ground in blender.

@2randomze I have some more work before it can be ready for game, but I can send it to you at that point. 

26 minutes ago, 2randomze said:

What was the solution to the washed out colors?  That's the one thing I haven't figured out, I load DDS into photoshop using Nvidia's tool, but when I export or load in the game the colors are brightened.

Also I've been using Paint.net and havent seen any washed out colors at all