Can I install AFF mods with NMM instead of Mod Organizer 2?

I want to ask is there will be any compatibility or installation issues if I install AFF mods using NMM community version instead of MO2? I really dont want to use MO2 as none of the AFF mods seem to work, only normal mods like LooksMenu and Alternate Life works while MCM is filled with $ signs and nonfunctional mods

5 hours ago, kythradi3 said:

I want to ask is there will be any compatibility or installation issues if I install AFF mods using NMM community version instead of MO2? I really dont want to use MO2 as none of the AFF mods seem to work, only normal mods like LooksMenu and Alternate Life works while MCM is filled with $ signs and nonfunctional mods

YES you can but do take note that NMM is only used by a very small number of people and you will find it hard to find support for it but the best rule I can tell you when using NMM is that load order is VERY important. But it is advised for anyone new to modding and who are likely to seek help, To use MO2 or Vortex instead. If you keep getting " $ " I would say your using an outdated version of a mod using FSE or FSE it self.

for a very good guide in modding Fallout with AAF mod's please go here: 

. and you could also join the AAF Discord Channel:  https://discord.gg/B95qTEn . were you will get the fastest and the best help for anything AAF related from people who know their shit.

hope this help's

Yes, I use NMM myself.  But be aware of NMM's limitations. 

New mod managers like MO2 and Vortex handle file conflicts on the fly.  If you install two mods that modify the same files, you can easily control which one "wins" the file conflicts.  In MO2 you do this by moving one mod below the other in the load order -- whichever mod loads last will win the conflict.  In Vortex you do it with rules.  You can go back and change which mod "wins" the file conflicts quickly and easily by changing the load order (MO2) or updating the conflict rule (Vortex).  The process is very fast and takes just a few clicks.

NMM has no such functionality.  It does handle file conflicts, but it does so based on installation order.  When you install a mod which is editing the same files as another mod, NMM pops up an override prompt and asks you which mod's file(s) you want to keep.  While you get to decide at this point whether you want to override the other mod’s files, or not, this is the only time NMM allows you to make that decision. To reverse it, you have to reinstall the mod and choose differently.

Also, keep in mind that the guides, like Saya's excellent guide linked above, are written with MO2 and/or Vortex in mind.  If you can deal with that, no problem, but it will make things more difficult for new users.