All Shapes BodyGen Randomizer plus Enhanced Physics

Let me start by congratulating you - this is an impressive addition to the mod ecosystem and it's kind of inspiring me to dust off my long dormant Skyrim build I was working on before COVID rolled into town. Let me ask you though - are you planning on also supporting UNP? I ask because a lot of my work including very laborious leveled list and outfit creation leverages UNP resources heavily. I don't mind starting from scratch on the project (due to runtime updates and whatnot I'm sure I have a lot of re-work to do anyway), but I'm also willing to be patient if a UNP version is in the works.

On 7/17/2020 at 12:32 PM, Caithness said:

Just not working for me - got all the mods loaded and previously working (all your requirements as well as CBBE 3BBB) - not the male side though. All of the women are basic shape with zeroed sliders. Yes the mod is enabled lol.

Ran bodyslide with zeroed sliders, batch build. Does it matter which body you build it around? - I used the CBBE 3BBB physics one.

One thing to check - with 3BBB I noticed when installing there was an option to use the existing morphs. I think that has to be selected otherwise 3BBB will use its own body morph sliders which my bodygen won't work with.

3 hours ago, gregaaz said:

Let me start by congratulating you - this is an impressive addition to the mod ecosystem and it's kind of inspiring me to dust off my long dormant Skyrim build I was working on before COVID rolled into town. Let me ask you though - are you planning on also supporting UNP? I ask because a lot of my work including very laborious leveled list and outfit creation leverages UNP resources heavily. I don't mind starting from scratch on the project (due to runtime updates and whatnot I'm sure I have a lot of re-work to do anyway), but I'm also willing to be patient if a UNP version is in the works.

I'm not really into UNP at the moment so no plans to make a bodygen system for it, but it's easy to create your own bodygen templates if you wanted to try it for UUNP - just have to find out what the sliders are called, which you can find out by opening up any Bodyslide preset xml in Notepad

17 hours ago, nelfim said:

I'm not really into UNP at the moment so no plans to make a bodygen system for it, but it's easy to create your own bodygen templates if you wanted to try it for UUNP - just have to find out what the sliders are called, which you can find out by opening up any Bodyslide preset xml in Notepad

Hey Nelfim, thanks for writing back so quickly. When I'm back home I'll check out the files and see if I can make that work. If it works really well I'll come back and share what I spun up. However I'm on the road till next week so it might be a little while :)

Worse come to worst I'll just have to give CBBE a spin on my next build!

Hi guys,

Love the mod!  But i'm experiencing an issue with my female character.  Every time I load the game, all of the morphs reset for my player character to zero everything.  Do you know what I'm doing wrong?  All of the NPC's are working just fine, it's just my playable character that reverts to zero everything.

On 7/24/2020 at 12:12 PM, Rdawgx said:

Hi guys,

Love the mod!  But i'm experiencing an issue with my female character.  Every time I load the game, all of the morphs reset for my player character to zero everything.  Do you know what I'm doing wrong?  All of the NPC's are working just fine, it's just my playable character that reverts to zero everything.

Are you using 3BBB? I had this issue with 3BBB, resolved it by selecting to use existing morphs when installing the mod, so 3BBB body uses the regular CBBE morphs in-game. Otherwise I can't be sure sorry

14 hours ago, nelfim said:

Are you using 3BBB? I had this issue with 3BBB, resolved it by selecting to use existing morphs when installing the mod, so 3BBB body uses the regular CBBE morphs in-game. Otherwise I can't be sure sorry

Thanks Nelfim, I ended up selecting that option in 3BBB just before you answered and it seems to have worked!

Hey there, it's great to see any more information on a working bodygen config! I noticed that you're using an array of values, like 

Arms@0.6|Arms@0.5|Arms@0.4|Arms@0.3|Arms@0.2

instead of the range syntax, like: Arms@0.6:0.2. Is it more performant to do it this way, or something?

On 8/3/2020 at 7:19 AM, Mikarun said:

Hey there, it's great to see any more information on a working bodygen config! I noticed that you're using an array of values, like 

Arms@0.6|Arms@0.5|Arms@0.4|Arms@0.3|Arms@0.2

instead of the range syntax, like: Arms@0.6:0.2. Is it more performant to do it this way, or something?

The range syntax didn't seem to work when I tested it - I literally tried a bodygen template ini with just a range value and nothing else, tried it on a bunch of test npc's, got no result. I thought it might be a legacy LE that no longer functions in SE. Whereas the array works every time so I went with that. I noticed the bodygen that comes with SAM light uses the arrays for everything so I figured they must have reached the same conclusion.

6 hours ago, nelfim said:

The range syntax didn't seem to work when I tested it - I literally tried a bodygen template ini with just a range value and nothing else, tried it on a bunch of test npc's, got no result. I thought it might be a legacy LE that no longer functions in SE. Whereas the array works every time so I went with that. I noticed the bodygen that comes with SAM light uses the arrays for everything so I figured they must have reached the same conclusion.

Huh, interesting. I was working in UUNP and LE instead of CBBE and SE, but this upload helped me to understand what was possible with bodygen syntax. Thank you. :) I did wind up using JBS2BG to assign templates to female NPCs, because the race filter in bodygen does not appear to work. Olfrid and Hogni are now fat! Vilkas and Farkas are ripped! Degaine looks like he might blow away in a stiff breeze! And Carlotta is stacked enough to justify the attention she gets. I just really wish there were an equivalent to the shout that SAM Morphs adds for male NPCs -- it's super annoying that I can only edit the men in game.

May I ask you how your bodygen experience has been in SE? I had heard it was bugged, and it's actually been holding me back from switching, because I always wanted to get bodygen working to replace the Everybody's Different texture feature.

On 8/6/2020 at 3:16 PM, Mikarun said:

Huh, interesting. I was working in UUNP and LE instead of CBBE and SE, but this upload helped me to understand what was possible with bodygen syntax. Thank you. :) I did wind up using JBS2BG to assign templates to female NPCs, because the race filter in bodygen does not appear to work. Olfrid and Hogni are now fat! Vilkas and Farkas are ripped! Degaine looks like he might blow away in a stiff breeze! And Carlotta is stacked enough to justify the attention she gets. I just really wish there were an equivalent to the shout that SAM Morphs adds for male NPCs -- it's super annoying that I can only edit the men in game.

May I ask you how your bodygen experience has been in SE? I had heard it was bugged, and it's actually been holding me back from switching, because I always wanted to get bodygen working to replace the Everybody's Different texture feature.

The SAM morphs for Racemenu use character classes instead of races, which I assume would work though I haven't tried. That would make for more standardised NPCs e.g. all blacksmiths are big, regular citizens regular, beggars scrawny etc. That's not what I was going for with this bodygen though. Maybe in the next one.?

With regards to the shout, I didn't know there was one for SAM, guess I never bothered with it but if you search for "Standalone EFF Cosmetic Menu" on Nexus that will fix your females, I use it all the time.

Bodygen in SE has been great for me, never had any problems though it's been a process of figuring out what works and what doesn't and experimenting with the variables. I'm not sure how it works behind the scenes but there are differences in how the morphs work in game depending on the body type - SAM for example takes into account the NPC base weight, whereas CBBE doesn't. With SAM if you use that EFF shout you can see the random bodygen morphs in Racemenu, but with CBBE they are all zeroed. So CBBE doesn't use the bodygen data as effectively as SAM. UUNP might be different too. But apart from my own syntax errors like misplaced commas and whatnot, it's worked like a charm.?

On 8/13/2020 at 3:38 AM, nelfim said:

The SAM morphs for Racemenu use character classes instead of races, which I assume would work though I haven't tried. That would make for more standardised NPCs e.g. all blacksmiths are big, regular citizens regular, beggars scrawny etc. That's not what I was going for with this bodygen though. Maybe in the next one.?

With regards to the shout, I didn't know there was one for SAM, guess I never bothered with it but if you search for "Standalone EFF Cosmetic Menu" on Nexus that will fix your females, I use it all the time.

Bodygen in SE has been great for me, never had any problems though it's been a process of figuring out what works and what doesn't and experimenting with the variables. I'm not sure how it works behind the scenes but there are differences in how the morphs work in game depending on the body type - SAM for example takes into account the NPC base weight, whereas CBBE doesn't. With SAM if you use that EFF shout you can see the random bodygen morphs in Racemenu, but with CBBE they are all zeroed. So CBBE doesn't use the bodygen data as effectively as SAM. UUNP might be different too. But apart from my own syntax errors like misplaced commas and whatnot, it's worked like a charm.?

Yeah, I've been using the SAM morphs pretty happily. If anyone doesn't look right in game I just zap them with the menu and then make a note of their morph to change it in the ini for future games. To add back in some racial variance, I use FK's Diverse Racial Skeletons. You might find it useful. It's a pretty new mod but I really recommend it, especially in combination with the class-based morphs.

I also got zebd working earlier today so I've got height variation by race and gender, too. I'm pretty sure zebd lets you assign morphs by class for female actors, so that might be next... it's super neat that you can integrate the texture pack and the bodygen morph.

On 8/22/2020 at 7:45 PM, Korvinatus said:

Author, What do you mean by "SAVE"? That ALL saveS will be broken or just where the mod was installed?

The mod doesn't break anything, just applies morphs to NPCs and no it doesn't affect other save games - that's not how mods work in general

23 hours ago, nelfim said:

Not that I'm aware but I was told Net Immerse Override Cleaner could be used to reset an NPC, haven't tried it myself though

well.. i cant even seem to get it to read my save file. Aside from that i added a follower and gave her my armor but on her the boobs look huge and when i take the armor off her body looks like normal. I cant make the armor shape match her body shape. even with the Race menu mod in the previous conversations.