[mod] Animation Converter (Spriter to RimJobWorld Animation Framework)

Animation Converter (Spriter to RimJobWorld Animation Framework)

The purpose of this application is to greatly improve the experience of making custom animations for the RimJobWorld Animation Framework (RAF), created by c0ffeeeee. It allows you to convert animations created in Spriter, by BrashMonkey, into a format readable by the RAF (this application is compatible with the free version of Spriter!)

The application file is an .exe, but the full source code has been included, so you are very welcome to read through the code and then compile it yourself

** Note that, at present, this conversion tool only generates the animationStages needed for the AnimationDef; you will need to manually specify the animation's defName, the actor types involved, body type offsets, etc. If this tool gains some popularity, a more complex animation creation wizard might be developed **

For best results, make sure to read ALL the instructions listed in the README file!

As this is the first release of this tool, there may be bugs. If something strange occurs that isn't covered by the README file, please leave a comment

• 3 weeks later...

I finally tried it. It's great man! Really makes it nice and easy to animate. 

made this as a test

makeouttest.gif.99719e7d155f44dcd651f28c2c71b35c.gif 

Super lewd and depraved kissing

Also, if I wanted to do an animation dealing with an animal how would I go about doing that? Just add a random head to the scene? If I replace a body texture with an animal texture will it mess up the converter? Or do I just need to name those animal textures same as human body textures?

Made my own set of textures for use in Spriter. The body textures are from version 2.0.5 of RimNude and head textures are from Facial Animations.

Tory187SpriterTextures.png.a2236a87a6e8e4fc01bfd0e5e48eec31.png

The faded heads are part of the body textures because u cant group the heads with the body so it acts as a guide where the head should be. The funky color dick light show ones are referring to the genital angle values.

AnimationTexturesTory187.zip

Hey @Tory187, that fantastic! XD Glad to see it's been helpful

To answer your question, try adding a dummy head sprite (a blank sprite will do) for animal actors to the scene and it should work fine in theory; the animation framework won't need to read the head data. The only naming convention you need to follow is that the sprites in the Z-order / Hierarchy need to be renamed to end with either "_head" or "_body", and each actor needs a head and a body. I'll probably change it in a later version so that you only need a body sprite for an actor

I should mention that you can select multiple sprites in a scene and move them together, like a head and a body sprite together

Cool Ill try that trick when I do an animal animation some time. 

For some reason when I move multiple sprites at once they don't seem to move at the same scale. Probably something I did, not sure. But one moved not to the same scale as my cursor moving it so i just was like well fuck it, let's make ghost heads

probably something wrong with the anchor or someshit

• 2 weeks later...

For the next version I would love it if the converter can detect if there is no key set for an actor (head and body) that it doesnt make a keyframe when another actor has keys for that frame. It can currently be achieved by just going into the xml and deleting the keyframes that shouldnt be there but it would be nice to not have to do that or do a keyall for just a movement of one actor.

This may be really complex or just not possible but it would be cool if a key to just a head or just a body would also take the current tween value in spriter for the other part left out of that key, because otherwise it uses the value of the key before.

• 8 months later...

never done animating of any sort, but this spriter program is pretty neat. I would like to say the same about the converter, but I have yet to be able to use it effectively yet. it seems powerful, but I have yet to get it to process any animations. I have gone over the instructions all day and I am having a hard time figuring out what is missing. I've redone the animation more times than I could count but I still can't figure out where I am going wrong. any help with this error message would be appreciated.

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at AnimationConverter.XMLParsing.ExtractRevelantData()
   at AnimationConverter.XMLParsing.BeginParsing(String inputPath, TextBox ouputTextbox, Int32 scaleXZ, Boolean scaleTiming)
   at AnimationConverter.MainInterface.StartConversionButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AnimationConverter
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Dayton/Downloads/AnimationConverter_v1.0.0%20(1)/AnimationConverter/AnimationConverter.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4300.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll