How do I remove a custom follower's hunting bow?

So the title says it all. I'm playing with immersive AFT, and I made a custom mage/healer follower for my travels. But when I bring them with me, they always pull out a random "invisible" (it doesn't show up in their inventory) hunting bow with arrows even though I made them as a mage. I tried removing the bow and arrows from the follower dialogue quest, but that broke things and I can't get anybody to follow me, which is apparently a bug from AFT. Is there any way for me to remove the bow and arrows?

open console ~ 

click on npc

type showinventory

here you will see if its in hidden in inventory on that npc

type  removeitem 'bow id' 1

i do this on vanilla followers constantly since they dont want to wear anything else but default armor or clothing

For AFT, you can activate the "outfit management" parameter, which separatees the currently used outfit from the follower's inventory. From there it's easy to remove the bow by changing his inventory just like you'd do usually (or "opening his backpack" to get to the inventory).

3 hours ago, agiz19 said:

open console ~ 

click on npc

type showinventory

here you will see if its in hidden in inventory on that npc

type  removeitem 'bow id' 1

i do this on vanilla followers constantly since they dont want to wear anything else but default armor or clothing

There are others out there but I use this one

Simple Outfit Manager

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/89536

3 hours ago, Locksoli said:

That is quite literally what I'm doing, and it breaks AFT when I do it, which is why I'm trying to find an alternative.

I change follower equipment all the time with T5E and never have a problem. I don't mess with dialogues but change the COCT/Items (below Perks). I use EFF but I don't see that making a difference. I never see a hunting bow unless I forget to change things.

1057176464_Notohuntingbows.thumb.jpg.5a4fd5d09d69000f6f4c5218b2c2a69a.jpg

Something is overwriting AFT mod.

That bow is part of vannila follower quest(quest that manages follower). Improved follower management mods(like AFT) overwrite vanila follower quest and also remove that stupid bow.

I'd say, that something, somewhere is "restoring" vanila functionality.

If you know how, you could use xEdit to check for conflicts. Quest name is: DialogueFollower. By the way, if you open CK, that stupid bow is added under "Quest Alias" page, dbl-click Follower alias, bottom left, "Alias Inventory" listbox.

2 hours ago, Fotogen said:

Something is overwriting AFT mod.

That bow is part of vannila follower quest(quest that manages follower). Improved follower management mods(like AFT) overwrite vanila follower quest and also remove that stupid bow.

I'd say, that something, somewhere is "restoring" vanila functionality.

If you know how, you could use xEdit to check for conflicts. Quest name is: DialogueFollower. By the way, if you open CK, that stupid bow is added under "Quest Alias" page, dbl-click Follower alias, bottom left, "Alias Inventory" listbox.

I checked it on wyre bash, and I get an error saying there's a mismatched bsa file, but I don't know if that's causing it. I have RDO and FCO, but I didn't think they'd cause issues. I was keeping a bunch of my mods off to focus on testing other ones, but with all of them on suddenly I can't recruit my followers at all. I'm not exactly good at checking xEdit, but I didn't see any conflicts at first glance.