I am THROWING Sims 4 away for once and for all. Waited soooo long for EA to improve their definition of "OPEN WORLD" gaming element that should have been included in TS4 by all means, like its predecessor Sims 3. Yet, nothing like that at all. Screw EA. Either this game is Junk. Or probably my expectations for this one were totally misguided to begin with.

Then again, when you get severely addicted to the brilliance of Skyrim SE (I played Boethiah's Calling, the entire previous night) and Fallout 4, no way in hell it is plausible to return back to such huge junk of a game like Sims 4 ever again. Even The Sims 2 that i played long ago was wayyy better than this, considering the time it was released.

Sims 4 is just a stupid copy of that old promising game, with tons of makeup and appearance tuning stuff, but that's it. No custom unique, completely different worlds like there are in Sims 3, and everything dumbed down, except of course THE APPEARANCE..... 

Yes, Sims 3 is much more buggy, but that only happens to the very extreme if -

1) One tries to play it with all Expansions + stuff packs.

2) Not keeping a regular record or checking for corruption of installed mods.

In short, the less Expansions+stuff packs and the less no. of total mods/CC, that are also checked thoroughly, then the easier the gameplay of Sims 3 is (Personal observation).

I play on a system with INTEL HD 4000 + 4 GB RAM. Sufficient for playing even the most demanding games by tweaking around a bit. However i only play those games that can actually be modded in TRULY every single aspect.

The Sims 2 - my very first Sims game. The Sims 3 - My most favorite Sims game as it has EVERYTHING no other Sims game has. The Sims 4 - DISSAPOINTMENT. 

~

There are still many people out there that like Sims 4 (me included).

But it's true that Sims 3 was better in many ways.

My Sims 4 experience totally changed with discovering Wicked Whims. That opened the door to the world of adult Sims 4 gameplay to me.

Without WW, I would have never invested more thant 450 hours in that game.

I really hope that they have learned from the Sim City disaster and listening to what the Sims community wants to be included in a new Sims game...

Lot of potential has been wasted on Whicked Whims. Sorry but that's the truth. Rather than tweaking a game with a limited environment, wouldn't it be way better to mod a game with ORIGINALLY VAST POSSIBILITIES to exploit ? There is SO MUCH that Sims 3 offers even without modding, just imagine how brilliant it would it turn after some efficient modding ? Marvelous. That's the only word that comes to mind. Yet, they shifted to Sims 4 simply coz its more flashy. 

On the basis of outcome, i'd say Modding in Sims 3 is way more enjoyable and actually rewarding than Sims 4. I can go jogging/running/cycling through entire town. I can watch my grown up kids living in other part of town, simply by zooming there or by actually going there rather than that LOADING SCREEN....

So many common day-to-day things that bring a sense of fulfillment are Totally absent from Sims 4. Regardless how many times it has been updated. Since it refuses to correct the very basic mistake of being limited ONLY to a small space and always facing loading screen every time you go out to someone's home or community lot. Sure it never felt bad in Sims 2 coz that was back then. But now, after having played Sims 3 for hours, is it too much to ask EA to fix their most latest promising game after the huge success of Sims Trilogy ?

If nothing else, i hope atleast some WW modders here on LL would return back to Sims 3 and improve it. Their absence from Sims 3, and over-the-top attention to Sims 4 is seriously frustrating....

On 6/23/2020 at 6:28 PM, chrisss80 said:

A few weeks ago I reinstalled the Sims 3, that’s to say how disappointing the Sims 4 ...

Good! What is your experience with Kinky World/Passion ? probably they must have updated it more by now. I will wait for completion of these mods however long it takes. The only thing i expect from EA now on is, to engage in dirty cash grab by releasing cheap so-called updates of exp/stuff packs. In sims 3, there really was an actual meaning to such upgrades. But now.... it's all only new clothes or new buildings or some new woohoo spot....

• 2 weeks later...

Although I am an experienced sims 3 player, I like sims 4 more. Here's some reasons:

1) In sims 4, other sims actually come to talk TO you. Personally I like it a lot. It gives you the feeling you are not alone in the world. In sims 3, other sims wont talk to you. You have to do it first. So in sims 4, you can visit a place and then a girl may come and flirt you, or a guy may come and insult you out of nowhere! Thats fantastic to me.

2) In sims 4, sims prefer to go and sit/eat/drink close to where you are. That creates a cozy atmosphere of sims gathering together. I have seen sims going to the kitchen, grabbing food, and then walking all the way to the other part of the house just to come sit next to me and talk. Thats awesome! In sims 3, that does not happen.

3) Sims 4 soundtrack....just so great. Its perhaps the game with the greatest "happy/positive" soundtrack

4) Less resource-intensive than sims 3. Its more stable, overall

5) Sims can actually look GOOD and sexy without mods. In sims 3, all sims are super ugly in vanilla. In sims 4, sims can look very good with vanilla makeup only. 

6) In sims 4, sims are flexible and can walk past each other quickly. In sims 3, sims stuck/lag behind each other. Movement in sims 4 is more "fluid" in general.

7) first person mode

Also, I play skyrim/fallout 4 too. Totally diferent games. Sims is a comical/parody simulation game, fallout 4 is post-apocalyptic action (and NOT rpg as some people think it is). Totally different things. 

All in all, all hail sims 4. And Nancy Landgraab.

15 hours ago, Falloutersexy said:

Although I am an experienced sims 3 player, I like sims 4 more. Here's some reasons:

1) In sims 4, other sims actually come to talk TO you. Personally I like it a lot. It gives you the feeling you are not alone in the world. In sims 3, other sims wont talk to you. You have to do it first. So in sims 4, you can visit a place and then a girl may come and flirt you, or a guy may come and insult you out of nowhere! Thats fantastic to me.

2) In sims 4, sims prefer to go and sit/eat/drink close to where you are. That creates a cozy atmosphere of sims gathering together. I have seen sims going to the kitchen, grabbing food, and then walking all the way to the other part of the house just to come sit next to me and talk. Thats awesome! In sims 3, that does not happen.

3) Sims 4 soundtrack....just so great. Its perhaps the game with the greatest "happy/positive" soundtrack

4) Less resource-intensive than sims 3. Its more stable, overall

5) Sims can actually look GOOD and sexy without mods. In sims 3, all sims are super ugly in vanilla. In sims 4, sims can look very good with vanilla makeup only. 

6) In sims 4, sims are flexible and can walk past each other quickly. In sims 3, sims stuck/lag behind each other. Movement in sims 4 is more "fluid" in general.

7) first person mode

Also, I play skyrim/fallout 4 too. Totally diferent games. Sims is a comical/parody simulation game, fallout 4 is post-apocalyptic action (and NOT rpg as some people think it is). Totally different things. 

All in all, all hail sims 4. And Nancy Landgraab.

#5 is the truth. I’ve played all iterations of the game and I swear, TS3’s CAS frustrated me to no end. I’m just like, pudding people, they’re all pudding people! 

@Falloutersexy 3) If you never played it, go listen The SIms 2 soundtrack, you will love it I think.

My main problem with Sims 3 is the optimisation. Even with a 2018 computer, it's not good. Anyway it was too ambitious, especially in 2008. But a lot of great moment in Sims 3.

Right now, I think I prefer Sims 4, but I miss a lot of thing from Sims 2 and 3.

Sims 3 was, and still is, my favorite from the sims franchise even with all the bugs, but mods did a lot to fix most of them.

Again mods came to the rescue with other cc that made the sims look somewhat better at least. 

Miss being able to just walk next door and visit my neighbors with a knock on the door and no loading screens.

Or zoom on my broom to visit the park.

What about the World Editor, will we ever get one for S4, (I won't hold by breath waiting). 

Sims 4 is prettier and more stable but the content and game play are lacking when compared to earlier Sims versions.

Base game starts out with 3 good sized towns and most with many lots per neighborhood.

After that, phooey, with the exception of Windenburg most towns are pretty sad.

Seasons EP didn't even have a new town, cheapskates EA/Maxis.

With the new closed world system and loading screens the towns should be packed at least as well as the base game towns were.

Sims went downhill because of corporate greed IMO.

Thanks to all the mods I can still tolerate playing Sims 4.

But I still go back to play S3 when I'm bored sometimes.

End of Rant...   

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with everything Scorpio just said. I'll simply add...if it wasn't for Turbo's excellent Wicked Whims mod [and the brilliant animators] I would have left Sims 4 in the dust a long time ago.

Agree also completely to Scorpio - but the CAS (Create A Sim) at S4 is something everyone would not miss, if the users like to style own  sims easily. And in the meantime more or less realistic (matter of your mods / CC).

S4 without Mods and CC - never! But I have to tell exactly the same for my beloved S3!

On 7/9/2020 at 11:15 AM, modella said:

they’re all pudding people! 

God, this is perfect! This is exactly how I would describe them! :lol:

The Sims 3 may have more depth and bigger world spaces but I'd pick this one every time. I went back to TS3 a few years ago, and it wasn't what I remembered. It felt stiff and still ran poorly, plus I couldn't make a sim I liked the look of and I NEVER could!

I don't know why I keep seeing people get so bent out of shape over this game though. 

I recently went back to TS3 but dropped it very quickly. These terrible faces and incredibly long game downloads were disappointing. The TS4 is full of problems and flaws but the building mode and CAS are fine. And of course mods! 

If we talk about parts of the franchise, I always liked TS2 much more than TS3. Yes there is no open world but such an incredible amount of detail and possibilities.