Need help to implement new body in game

Hello everyone, I'm creating a body replacer for FO4 but this one is a little bit special : it's in one piece. I need help to implement it in game in one piece, if it's possible ? I tried more or less and it seems to work but when opening the face editor , I got a CTD. Anybody can help me, please ?

You can check the body here, if it works well, I'll probably publish it as ressource, for modders.

body.jpg

face.jpg

1 hour ago, Hazraogh6 said:

Hello everyone, I'm creating a body replacer for FO4 but this one is a little bit special : it's in one piece. I need help to implement it in game in one piece, if it's possible ? I tried more or less and it seems to work but when opening the face editor , I got a CTD. Anybody can help me, please ?

Hopefully this isn't going to sound insulting, but when editing the face, the program expects  sort of defined top and bottom.  If it is pulling in a much larger object (the entire body), it records an error (there is something in there on how much surface space each polygon has, which in the case of the full body, the area goes super high and caused an out of range error, I think) and gives CTD.   I have given up on trying to fix the "neck seam" (chokers and collars are always worn now) which is due to the two parts being different.   In other words, I do not think you can do this.  Am I correct though in assuming that you are able to edit the full body without any issues?

20 minutes ago, steelpanther24 said:

Hopefully this isn't going to sound insulting, but when editing the face, the program expects  sort of defined top and bottom.  If it is pulling in a much larger object (the entire body), it records an error (there is something in there on how much surface space each polygon has, which in the case of the full body, the area goes super high and caused an out of range error, I think) and gives CTD.   I have given up on trying to fix the "neck seam" (chokers and collars are always worn now) which is due to the two parts being different.   In other words, I do not think you can do this.  Am I correct though in assuming that you are able to edit the full body without any issues?

Hello, Yes I changed the shape of the body and it worked, only the face crashes :/ So I'm condemned to cut the parts ? :(

On 6/18/2020 at 8:29 AM, Hazraogh6 said:

By the way, I'll make the textures in one file, that I can do ? It would maybe help for the seams ? @steelpanther24

Yes that would help, but how would it deal with shadowing on curves?  I guess it can just be a function of the polygons, but that will still make it look 2012ish.    I am a linear thinker so I would opt for cutting the two parts.    I know some here (like KoolHandLuke) says the textures are the easy part and the body is the hard part, but he must be a natural artist because I have a much easier time getting the shape right while messing with textures, mine end up looking like the Joker (too much of one color here, too little there, etc.)   One file would be more natural, though as our skin is continuous and it would solve the seam issue. 

• 1 month later...

Just curious, and maybe it's a little bit unrelated: how many polys the body have?

If I remember correctly after 22.4k polys dismemberment won't work. CBBE and FG have 23-24k polys, just a little bit more than allowed. Both bodies break the dismemberment system because of that small amount of poly surplus...

17 minutes ago, Hanaxar said:

Just curious, and maybe it's a little bit unrelated: how many polys the body have?

If I remember correctly after 22.4k polys dismemberment won't work. CBBE and FG have 23-24k polys, just a little bit more than allowed. Both bodies break the dismemberment system because of that small amount of poly surplus...

That sound's about right as I remember it. And I might be mistaken but the CBBE reduced is about 12-13K polygon's .

On 8/2/2020 at 5:54 PM, Hanaxar said:

I didn't think they (the original) were that big (22.4K) but I may be only looking at post CBBE mod ...so.......I would defer to mashup on that answer