How to create an NPC with custom sound files?

4 minutes ago, Aki K said:

I finally got CK working after a long time.  I'm interested in learning how to create custom followers, maybe with some unique sound files or a unique look.  I have no idea where to even begin though.

Never created a follower from scratch but I have used part of this guide to customise followers.

There is a Youtube vid for this as well, somewhere

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KKIEDhXFRznHNPGdAmZWLLvdO8-5WOw5kbY1TX_UjWo/edit

Can't help with adding custom dialogue tho'

2 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Never created a follower from scratch but I have used part of this guide to customize followers.

There is a Youtube vid for this as well, somewhere

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KKIEDhXFRznHNPGdAmZWLLvdO8-5WOw5kbY1TX_UjWo/edit

Can't help with adding custom dialogue tho'

Appreciate it.  I want to make an theme character for myself and borrow some sound files from another game to do it.  Been trying to figure that sort of thing out but creation kit is not user intuitive that's for sure.

1 minute ago, Aki K said:

Appreciate it.  I want to make an theme character for myself and borrow some sound files from another game to do it.  Been trying to figure that sort of thing out but creation kit is not user intuitive that's for sure.

In case you are considering releasing the follower, first make sure you have permission for use of assets from another game.

If it's just for personal use then you can do what you like (I mean, the law probably still applies but it's not like anyone is going to find out)

Some companies are fine with it, e.g. CD Projeckt Red but others, especially those locked to single platforms (I'm thinking Naughty Dog here) are apparently less free with their IP.

9 hours ago, Mez558 said:

In case you are considering releasing the follower, first make sure you have permission for use of assets from another game.

If it's just for personal use then you can do what you like (I mean, the law probably still applies but it's not like anyone is going to find out)

Some companies are fine with it, e.g. CD Projeckt Red but others, especially those locked to single platforms (I'm thinking Naughty Dog here) are apparently less free with their IP.

I was thinking of borrowing selections of the Icarus and Helios dialogue from Deus Ex.  Not sure if that's been released or not.  But I'm along way away from even figuring out custom sound files in even more simple mods.  I'll worry about the legal bridge when needed.  Worst case scenario I find a different way to make a cool AI voice.

For now, just trying to figure it out as a process.

• 1 month later...

There was a very good tutorial on youtube about it. It had a girl explaining, her name was Mara I think, but I can't find it anymore. Big regret now for not downloading it, it was the best one to start with. There's still this one not as good starter but better than nothing.