Droids of the Commonwealth Companion Replacer

Droids of the Commonwealth Companion Replacer

View File

This is a work in progress to change your companions to be DroidRace.

Companions completed so far:

There is a oack that includes Cait, Curie, Piper, and MacCready replacers.

These are individuals so far:

Curie

Piper

Ivy (Mod Required)

Coming Soon:

Individual files for each companion for thos who do not want all companions changed.

If anyone has any request for NPC/Companion they would like changed let me know.

Known issues:

From what I have seen the only issue so far that I am trying to find a work around for if the companion is already accompanying you then the mod wont change them. Unless this is just an issue I am having on my end.

Please advise me of any issues as this is my first mod I have actually released to others.

Thanks, H.S.

Fallout4 6_4_2020 3_38_27 AM.png

Fallout4 6_4_2020 3_40_48 AM.png

Fallout4 6_4_2020 3_41_09 AM.png

Nice work. You should probably work out the individual versions first though for those who just want to change a specific companion.

Do that, and I'll probably grab the Curie version myself ?

Trykz

2 minutes ago, Varithina said:

That whole line of synth mods came to be not long after I created iHuman. The very first version actually required my mod iHuman mod to use. I see it's grown quite far beyond that LOL

It's cool, but not really my cup of tea. And 1.3gb for a companion is waaaaay beyond my ridiculousness threshold :)

Trykz

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

That whole line of synth mods came to be not long after I created iHuman. The very first version actually required my mod iHuman mod to use. I see it's grown quite far beyond that LOL

It's cool, but not really my cup of tea. And 1.3gb for a companion is waaaaay beyond my ridiculousness threshold :)

Trykz

The size is more due to the number of texture and color options you can choose from, I just checked the installed mod folder in mo and it shows file size of around 650mb ish.  Still quite big to be honest but I tend not to use many companions and curie is pretty much the only one I can stand, just a shame it takes so long to actually get her.

7 hours ago, Trykz said:

Nice work. You should probably work out the individual versions first though for those who just want to change a specific companion.

Do that, and I'll probably grab the Curie version myself ?

Trykz

I plan to do that next these are the exact ones I changed for my own game I am going to start doing individual either tonight or tomorrow.

Also I had a chat with EgoBallistic and he is going to add droid race companions to be supported in the next patch for AAF Violate as well.

If there is any npc/companion that anyone has a request for let me know and I can make it happen.

Piper, Curie are the only two I ever use, though I could be convinced if there was a decent female valantine. 

Oh and the mutt of course, but that one we can ignore, especially as I put a bullet through it skull far too often, usually where is sticks its head in front of my sights just as I pull the trigger ?

39 minutes ago, Hallows-Slayer said:

I plan to do that next these are the exact ones I changed for my own game I am going to start doing individual either tonight or tomorrow.

Also I had a chat with EgoBallistic and he is going to add droid race companions to be supported in the next patch for AAF Violate as well.

Nice. I've already confirmed that the race is compatible with AAF Familly Planning (morphs and all). Found out the hard way when my character got grabbed by some raiders in downtown Boston LOL

My test character gave birth last night. Which is odd, because one user claimed it didn't work. Though my character is female, and I believe that his may have been male. I can't speak much to companions in FO4 because I don't use them. But I know that the race itself already works with Violate, since that's how she got nabbed by the raiders. If there's anything you need from me, just PM me and I'll help in any way I can.

Trykz

I'm genuinely curious about a few things though:

does the DroidFirewall actor value extend to the altered companions? And does it count down as it does for the player? If so, how do the NPCs manage avoiding the Mainframe popping their heads off? I never checked into the NPCs in the theater. I assumed it was stopped for them because they are inactive.

I'll have to research this.

Trykz

14 hours ago, Hallows-Slayer said:

Known issues:

From what I have seen the only issue so far that I am trying to find a work around for if the companion is already accompanying you then the mod wont change them. Unless this is just an issue I am having on my end.

Just noticed this:

The console will be needed to resolve this, but I'm reasonably sure it will work, and it's pretty straightforward and simple.

open the console with the ~ key. Then, click the follower to display their editor ID, and type the following:

recycleactor <--- and press the enter key. Close the console, and the follower will fade away and then immediately reload as the new race.

Trykz

5 hours ago, Trykz said:

I'm genuinely curious about a few things though:

does the DroidFirewall actor value extend to the altered companions? And does it count down as it does for the player? If so, how do the NPCs manage avoiding the Mainframe popping their heads off? I never checked into the NPCs in the theater. I assumed it was stopped for them because they are inactive.

I'll have to research this.

Trykz

When I made the changes in the cc it showed that the droid firewall carried over as well but I do not believe that it is working atleast not the same way as player does I have ran about 12hours of gameplay and none of them have lost there heads l. 

5 hours ago, Trykz said:

Nice. I've already confirmed that the race is compatible with AAF Familly Planning (morphs and all). Found out the hard way when my character got grabbed by some raiders in downtown Boston LOL

My test character gave birth last night. Which is odd, because one user claimed it didn't work. Though my character is female, and I believe that his may have been male. I can't speak much to companions in FO4 because I don't use them. But I know that the race itself already works with Violate, since that's how she got nabbed by the raiders. If there's anything you need from me, just PM me and I'll help in any way I can.

Trykz

So far I have tested them with most AAF mods and so far all work great except the need for a companion race patch for violate. I have a work around for it until the new patch is released. See photo. 

00443BCB-4238-47E1-AFD2-43965BE6CFFA.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Hallows-Slayer said:

I can make it happen just need to get the ok from the mod author before i do.

9 hours ago, kchurchjr said:

I would LOVE to see a patch for Compainon Ivy. Current I use the MK4 Sythskin with her

I messaged the mod author to get the ok. Which version of the mod are you using?

8 hours ago, Hallows-Slayer said:

I messaged the mod author to get the ok. Which version of the mod are you using?

Got the patch thanks. We are currently on Ivy 5.2.3 Reg has started on Ivy v5.3 I will continue to test after that. I know around Winter she's getting a major overhaul and Voice Actress, I'll let you know it it stops working (Not trying to Hijack your thread

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Anyone has the droid of the commonwealth file they can DM me? Mine too heavily edited and my old base backup was loss because my CPU died.

On 1/11/2021 at 4:11 PM, Pentiman666 said:

im getting the back of the neck dark texture bug. any fix?

Usually with custom race that involve hair texture you need to edit (if the hair come from a mod you need to make a patch so that 1.the droid race can use it; 2.the texture that they'll use) you need to custom fix this I think, you can probably use this as reference:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12839?tab=description
I could be wrong all the way tho, and the problem came from entirely different thing.