Cellan Race for SE

View File

This mod implements the Cellan race. 

You can play as an otter, either sex. If you load the optional NPC file, you'll find some otters have taken over one of the boats in Solitude. Eventually you'll be able to get some of them to follow you.

LE version here.

Latest Updates

New scripts for digi feet and schlongs, so this is likely a game-breaking update. 

Installation

• Install RaceCompatibility for Skyrim and Dawnguard
  • Install the base CellanRace package. This will give you plantigrade otters. 
  • If you don't want the NPCs, DISABLE the CellanNPC esp. With it enabled, there will be otters on the docks in Solitude. Some will come adventuring with you.
  • Schlongs are in a separate download. Without it, otters will strip to loincloths.
    • Install the CellanHoodieSchlong package. If you use another of my hoodie schlong packages, some files will overwrite--no worries, allow them to do so. 
    • This package has the special Cellan pussy, which you can disable through SOS if you like. Note it's not CBBE or Bodyslide enabled.
  • If you want digitigrade feet, download and install the digi package. When you're barefoot, you'll be digitigrade.

Credit

Character design by @GDelscribe. 

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/03/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    Racecompatibility, Dawnguard
  • Regular Edition Compatible

25 minutes ago, VelicienTheTyrant said:

Not sure if its just me? or its in the Main package.

There is no NPC seperate file to download, not sure if you forgot or its having problems with conversion or you've placed it somewhere else.

Oh never mind, i'm a dumbass. Great mod once again and thank you :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Bad Dog When are you going to fix the CBBE textures? I saw someone requesting it as early as last summer.

Not really too big of an issue on my end really, as I can adjust the textures for my own personal use, but others may not be so fortunate as to have good editing tools.

Thank you, @Bad Dog.

I have not yet had time to try out the updated version, but thank you for finally updating the CBBE Textures, and on such short notice. Hopefully, I will no longer need to manually adjust the textures every time you update the mod. I will post a comment here within the coming hours if there are still issues with the textures, otherwise you are safe to assume that there were no issues on my end.

@Bad Dog First of all, the textures did work. However, now the RaceMenu sliders do not work with the race. The morphs are not being applied to the character when you use the sliders.

I have not experienced this issue with any of your other race mods (of which I have all except for the Cat Races one), so I am not entirely sure why this only happens to the Cellan race.

@Coalstorm I assume you mean the females? On my CBBE setup, all the weight slider does is make the breasts bigger, which is odd. I chose the base body to be one with wrist and ankle seams that match vanilla and maybe that's just how it works?

Face morphs work fine here. Dunno what would break them. Try loading the Cellans last?

22 hours ago, Coalstorm said:

now the RaceMenu sliders do not work with the race. The morphs are not being applied to the character when you use the sliders.

If you are talking about Bodyslide-generated morphs and they don't apply on naked female Cellans but do work when they are wearing morph-enabled outfits, that's because they include their own custom (standalone) body meshes in separate paths due to the custom genitals. Said meshes do not include BS morph files so that's probably it.

You'd have to either edit the plugin data so the nude skin points to the vanilla/generic nude body path or manually replace the custom Cellan female body nifs with your default ones.

@Bad Dog @Blaze69 

Yes, I was talking about female Cellans; specifically the body itself, not the face.

My intuition tells  me that mentioning this is completely irrelevant, but... I use CBBE with CBBE 3BA for my setup. With that, I use several race mods including yours (@Bad Dog), but none of them have had any issues whatsoever in this regard. Thus, as far as my intuition was concerned, I thought it safe to assume that the Cellan race would also work with CBBE, CBBE 3BA and RaceMenu.

Having read @Blaze69's explanation, I am now quite curious why you have chosen to use a completely separate body for female Cellans instead of going down the same route you did with the other races. They all work fine, so why the sudden need to have a separate body mesh?

6 minutes ago, Coalstorm said:

I am now quite curious why you have chosen to use a completely separate body for female Cellans instead of going down the same route you did with the other races. They all work fine, so why the sudden need to have a separate body mesh?

Because the original Cellan concept included females having very particular bits down there, and Bad Dog figured he could try and replicate that too. Due to the way they work, they required separate nude body paths from the other races.

12 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I'm not sure the body is needed. I'll check.

IIRC the body itself is just standard UUNP Special so that's not where the "separate body path" thing came from, the problem is the labia mesh had to be replaced with the custom Cellan one and that can't be done without editing the body nif since it's included in it.

I guess plan B is to reshape/upscale the Cellan bits so they completely cover the original UUNP Special ones without the need to remove the latter so the former can be added as a "SOS addon" (like the Ungulates horse bits) indeed, but I dunno how hard it would be to pull off without clipping or distortion.