Wearable Ears Textures Issue for Custom Race

Anybody know what's the cause of this kind of issue?

MaleEarIssue.jpg.60004682cc1062a35ddfcb9

This is a wearable ear.

In the nifskope the ear textures looks like the pic on the left.

It has no problem if equipped by vanilla race.

But when in game, it looks like the pic on the right when equipped by custom race player...

It looks like displaying the textures of footmale.dds in characters\imperial\male folder.

In fact, the path in the CS / TES4Edit is already correct (using the textures earshuman.dds):

PW4Tes4EditEars.jpg.1974bb2f65249afc3e9c

If it correspond to archive invalidation, I did it twice; once manually and once again this afternoon using OBMM, and the body textures for my custom race has no problem.

But for the wearable ears, the issue still occurs.

FYI, the source of ears mesh is from Fall Hair Wig Shop.

But even if I equip wearable ears from Apachii Goddess Store mod, I still have the same issue.

So I believe it's not from the ears mesh source...

Anybody can give solution?

Here's the ears mesh if somebody wants to take a look:

Ears.nif

Thanks in advance.

Seem only race with imperial texture work,  Tested with your ears and Apachii ears.

Breton and Imperial works.

vanilla Woodelf and argion don't work ( OK argonion have a ear texture so the game can only use a wrong texture )

And cutom races do not work.

But the game should use the ear textures path in the esp

------------------------------------

The vanilla ears ( no equipable ) have the race name in the nif

All humans   NiTriStrips/shape  earHuman

HighElf:  EarsHighElf

Woodelf:  EarWoodelf

And textures path is facegen\ears\human\EarsHuman.dds

Maybe  custom races need  ear textures in the facegen folder ?  If the game does not finds a texture in that folder is use the foot.dds  ? ? ?

And NiMaterialProperty is default.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

You can  use

NiTriStrips/shape       Ear

NiMaterialProperty   default

NiSourceTexture        Charaters\PirateWorriors4\Rebecca\earhuman.dds

And it will use the right texture, but only for this race.  For other races you have to change the textures path.

And the color/ brightness you  use for the character will not be used for the ears  ( But with Apachii ears and Imperial race it also didn't work )

Hey, fejee...

It's like magic!

The ears now looks the same like in NifSkope:

MaleEarIssueSOLVED.jpg.055022a880414c2a023a1bd16b2ff20c.jpg

And textures path is facegen\ears\human\EarsHuman.dds

Maybe  custom races need  ear textures in the facegen folder ?  If the game does not finds a texture in that folder is use the foot.dds  ? ? ?

Yea, I think setting the NiMaterialProperty   skin  in the Nifskope (as in Fall Hair Wig Shop, Apachii Goddess Store, etc) is the cause.

I tested in game, that changing the NiMaterialProperty to default is enough to fix the issue.

So maybe we can make conclusion:  NiMaterialProperty   skin  is just for lowerbody, upperbody, hand, foot meshes?

And hopefully all the modders that include wearable ears in their mod know this important information.

And it will use the right texture, but only for this race.  For other races you have to change the textures path.

And the color/ brightness you  use for the character will not be used for the ears.

Ok, no problem. Noted.

So, problem SOLVED then.

Thanks, fejee!