Crash on Exit

I looked a fair bit for an existing thread on this. A bit surprised there wasn't one, so it's surely on my end somehow. Unrelated to sexout I'm told 'these things just happen' with the fallout engine, but since I can get it to go away very easily by deselecting sexout.esm, I have to ask.

I managed to get sexout, and a number of mods for it working just fine before, then I bought a bundle of DLC and the crash on exit bug started appearing. A little black window pops up in the corner very briefly, then error message.

Interestingly enough, it crashes even if I don't load up a save file and just go to the menu and then promptly exit.

I can load up save games and sexout will work and behave as normal.

I can get the error even without the DLC .esm's activated, but since the DLC quests are still automatically given to me, I get the feeling they're still lingering about somehow.

Finally, as soon as I turn off sexout and SCR, it goes away like magic. It's bizarre.

To test things, I deactivated -all- my mods but these and still got the odd error when I closed the game. My current guess is that something related to sexout buried within my data folder doesn't play nice with the DLC, and when I disable sexout it can't cause trouble.

[spoiler=load order]FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
Sexout.esm
SexoutCommonResources.esm

Total active plugins: 8
Total plugins: 38

[spoiler=Disabled Sexout Mods]Store
Slavery
Tryout (all)
SmallerTalk
SexoutZAZ
WorkingGirl
BrutalRapers
FadetoBlack
Lust
msexFort
msexbase
msexVeronica
st

Sexout 2.6.75

nvse_3_beta2

NVSE Extender v11

SCR 20130212.1

Use New Vegas Stutter Reducer. After running the game with NVSR installed once, go to the folder where you install it and look for the Stutter Reducer.ini. You're looking for the following line (should be near the top):

bFastExit = 0

Change the 0 to 1 and you should no longer have the crash on exit issue. I had that problem for a long time myself and this fixed it completely.

I'm beginning to think the "Crash on Exit" is just one of those common quirks associated with hardware. I get it on Fo3, New Vegas, Oblivion, Skyrim and a myriad of other games. Doesn't really seem to be hurting anything, so I just ignore it.

I looked a fair bit for an existing thread on this. A bit surprised there wasn't one, so it's surely on my end somehow. Unrelated to sexout I'm told 'these things just happen' with the fallout engine, but since I can get it to go away very easily by deselecting sexout.esm, I have to ask.

I managed to get sexout, and a number of mods for it working just fine before, then I bought a bundle of DLC and the crash on exit bug started appearing. A little black window pops up in the corner very briefly, then error message.

Interestingly enough, it crashes even if I don't load up a save file and just go to the menu and then promptly exit.

I can load up save games and sexout will work and behave as normal.

I can get the error even without the DLC .esm's activated, but since the DLC quests are still automatically given to me, I get the feeling they're still lingering about somehow.

Finally, as soon as I turn off sexout and SCR, it goes away like magic. It's bizarre.

To test things, I deactivated -all- my mods but these and still got the odd error when I closed the game. My current guess is that something related to sexout buried within my data folder doesn't play nice with the DLC, and when I disable sexout it can't cause trouble.

[spoiler=load order]FalloutNV.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

Sexout.esm

SexoutCommonResources.esm

Total active plugins: 8

Total plugins: 38

[spoiler=Disabled Sexout Mods]Store

Slavery

Tryout (all)

SmallerTalk

SexoutZAZ

WorkingGirl

BrutalRapers

FadetoBlack

Lust

msexFort

msexbase

msexVeronica

st

Sexout 2.6.75

nvse_3_beta2

NVSE Extender v11

SCR 20130212.1

I have been working with the same issue. Except unlike you I have been using DLC's from the begining. I have used almost all mods imaginable and still not a crash on exit... until now. I have the issue only with SexoutNG (current version) and can be elimated with it not unclicked but removed from the FOMM. On a few occasions I had to even delete the saved files including those in the NVSE/Plugin file. The additions and needed modules don't help. I am also runing from a completly clean install recently. Just to make it clear I completly reinstalled it again and still the same issue. ConsulerKremlin might have a point with the .ini file. I had a very modified .ini file from before and when cleaning house I deleted it by accident. Many custom changes from clamping the FPS to distance etc. You name it I had changed many of the items in the .ini. Oh well needed to revisit that again because some of the changes are no longer releveant (got a better computer, hardware etc) Thought I had a backup. Had that problem ever since. The issue might very well be with the .ini settings. With them being unlock or no longer "read only" and being written to might contribute to the "crash on exit" Perhaps something is still trying to work and is hung up.

I can get the error even without the DLC .esm's activated, but since the

DLC quests are still automatically given to me, I get the feeling

they're still lingering about somehow.

Yes, if the mod or dlc is still on the computer and something else access or is needed it will activate that mod activated or not. I have seen it happened before and read several placed on the web where others have had this issue as well. If you don't want a mod or DLC you might need to uninstall the mod or DLC. In your case I don't think the DLC is causing the issue.

To test things, I deactivated -all- my mods but these and still got the odd error when I closed the game. My current guess

is that something related to sexout buried within my data folder

doesn't play nice with the DLC, and when I disable sexout it can't cause

trouble.

I think if you completly remove the Sexout Mods from the FOMM and try and see if the game returns to normal. If it is like mine it will.

If that dosn't work try removing (or backing up the save folder) from the My documents and see if that works.

Finally oncebefore when I had a different issue (courrpedted game save)  I had an issue and removed the saved files from (well actually backed them up to another folder) from the Data/plugin folder and that solved the issue.

Thy some of the above. Let me know if it helps

If it is any consolidation I played for about 20 hours and completed may quest related to SexoutNG with this issue and the game itself worked just fine the only issue was again the exiting the game.

Thanks for posting this, like you I had some problems with this and couldn't figure it out. I was in the process of looking for the answer as well.

Before posting this I did try clearing the save folder from the NVSE plugins and save folder, so that's not it. I have to admit I'm a bit reluctant to go through uninstalling everything when the stutter remover seems to take care of this just fine, so I'm going to let go of this thread.

For your search though, I don't think I've ever modified my ini files, unless it was when it was just bought and crashing on new game. That was a long time ago, I don't even remember how I got that fixed. :P

Before posting this I did try clearing the save folder from the NVSE plugins and save folder, so that's not it. I have to admit I'm a bit reluctant to go through uninstalling everything when the stutter remover seems to take care of this just fine, so I'm going to let go of this thread.

For your search though, I don't think I've ever modified my ini files, unless it was when it was just bought and crashing on new game. That was a long time ago, I don't even remember how I got that fixed. :P

If it is working don't mess with it any more. You definatly don't want to mess up what magic you have going. I tried the stutter remover before but it seem to make the game well studder even more.

Maybe I need to check on it once more after I get some gaming play through with my current mod loadout. I don't want to create more problems since I only currently have the crash on exit which is annoying but livable.

Edit: Crap didn't have the patience and tried it. ... It worked just like it was avertised.

There are at least 3 people that have been able to solve the issue of crash on exit. ^_^:P:D;):) I am so very happy now.

• 2 weeks later...

To add to this.. i had this issue start up again recently, and my issue stemmed from running the games own launcher.  Now normally everytime i usually run the game, i use a NVSE launcher (ala 4gb patch) or FOMM, and all is fine.  But there was a few times lately i stupidly used the play button inside steam, or the right click menu off the taskbar icon.. which immediatley starts up the ingame launcher.  Due to the ini files being semi modded (only for darnui and a few console text edits), something the launcher does completely corrupts the install to the point i start to get the crash on exit issue.   The only way iv been able to reduce/get rid of it, is to wipe the ini files in mydocs, wipe most of the entire game folder, let steam redownload, run the game launcher the first time, set my graphics, etc, turn off the read only on the main ini file in mydocs, make my edits, and then ever use the launcher... and its good.   It is a little involved of a process which sucks. but seems to work.. iv done it 3 times in the last 3 days (dont ask.. got little clicky happy at one point and cursing myself for it).  

Exactly what the launcher does to screw up the game i dont know.. but its horrible.   All i wanted to do the first time was do a clean install to test some mods, and then i get into this crash on exit thing cause i accidently clicked on the main game launcher.   Now.. iv renamed the stupid launcher exe file.. shouldnt happen again.

• 2 weeks later...

Works for me too! :) Wonder why it has to be such a common problem. I didn't see it happening to Skyrim though... Hmm, maybe it's not a Bethesda thing afterall. Could be one of our commonly used mods, like NVSE, or MCM. Maybe Sexout (definately a commonly used mod!).

Works for me too! :) Wonder why it has to be such a common problem. I didn't see it happening to Skyrim though... Hmm, maybe it's not a Bethesda thing afterall. Could be one of our commonly used mods, like NVSE, or MCM. Maybe Sexout (definately a commonly used mod!).

It very well can be. Some part of a mod still working or trying to work as the program stops. I have never  had a problem with "crash on exit" with a plain installed game only with mods installed.

On another point. Perhaps someone should add this as a "strongly suggested" addition to the requirements for Sexout or other mods on this site as it seems that it happens often enough. Not a requirement as not everybody needs it but a suggestion since is has seemed to help many people with this error.

Archived