[mod] Situational Nudity

Situational Nudity

This is a mod with three major features, each with its own section below. It isn't achievement compatible but it's extremely close to vanilla in both art style and gameplay.

To install, unzip the files in your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/mod folder. Situational Nudity is currently intended for Stellaris version 3.0.1.

Situational Nudity

Pops, leaders, and rulers will be naked when:

• they're slaves,
  • they're part of a hive mind,
  • they have the servile, docile livestock, or nerve-stapled traits,
  • they live in an empire whose founding species is always naked, or
  • you enable the Nudist edict. There's a special version available for Rogue Servitors. This won't undress your ruler and you may need to save and reload to get everyone else naked.

Humans and humanoids 2 through 5 will all be fully naked, courtesy of Nessa's artwork. Unfortunately I can't undress every portrait because the portrait artwork literally isn't finished most of the time. I should also add that all of the nude portraits are pretty tame aside from Nessa's additions. There's also no fancy nipple rings or chains or extra clothes or anything crazy. Just the regular Paradox clothing and good honest nudity in the appropriate conditions.

Several species are now always naked. If a species is naked in the Species or the Contact view but not elsewhere then that means they can support situational undressing.

Credit for this section goes to Nessa for both the idea (Real Human Slaves) and for the artwork.

Dimorphism

Situational Nudity also includes, updates, and polishes the following mods:

Might be worth clarifying that I haven't just cobbled them together with a few minutes of copying and pasting, I've compared each of them line by line to vanilla and cleaned it all up. Superfluous files are removed. Errors from the error log are all cleaned up. I redrew clothing to ensure all clothing is a perfect match for vanilla, so the royal outfits have been added everywhere and all of Silfae's females have every single item of clothing the men do. It's intended to be as seamless and vanilla as possible. The animation lists have been matched with vanilla, pops now have appropriate clothing types (many of them had old tile-system code just commented out, so all female pops would dress alike...) I'm no artist but I also cleaned up Silfae's cat female graphics a bit. Lightened the eyes and matched the males in color, along with minimizing the 'thick eyeliner' look they had. I'm an obsessive man. I am both proud and ashamed.

I'm not claiming credit for any of the above and I respect all of their work.

No Bad Hair

We got a lot of new hair in a patch and not all of it was great. Situational Nudity removes 3 of the 4 new human hairstyles, 7 of the 8 new elf hairstyles, and the silly male elf bowl cut. All of the recolors and new clothing are kept.

Compatibility

Situational Nudity probably won't be compatible with other portrait mods. It also won't be compatible with mods that edit 00_diplo_phrases.txt.

Known Issues

• Some of the first contact screens seem too use the species portrait even when it looks like a diplomatic window, which results in nudity when it's not expected.
  • The nudist edict won't undress your ruler and you may need to save and reload to undress everyone properly.
  • Because the naked outfit doesn't show up at the end of the clothing list, your existing empire rulers might be coincidentally naked (or they might have the wrong outfit).

Languages Supported

A French translation is included for the new Edicts, but as I'm not yet fluent it might be imperfect.

Questions & Answers

Q: Can I have any of these modules by themselves?
A: No, it's an all or nothing affair.

Q: Do I need every DLC?

A: I have no idea. I have all of them. I'd assume it'll work even if you don't have some.

Q: Why is this on Lovers Lab but not the Steam Workshop?

A: I don't feel like fighting with admins about whether my mod is appropriate or not, mostly. Also the subject matter invites inappropriate discussion, even if the actual graphics are pretty tame. It's also nice that if an artist does decide to contribute I don't have to weigh how appropriate it is and it can be discussed.

A lighting quick update! The main mod hasn't changed but I've uploaded an optional fix to the insult system. It should allow you to belittle other empires for wearing clothing using the insult system and should also prevent nudist empires from getting the same insult. Unfortunately it blocks achievements, so it's an optional addon.

Yet another lightning quick update. Once again the main mod hasn't changed, just the optional fix. The logic I added would simply assume ALL hive minds and communists were nudists, not only the ones I've edited. Fixed. Pretty sure I also fixed a vanilla bug while I was at it, the logic wasn't checking for the ketling/rackets. Now it does. Hopefully the last such update.

After a bit of playing the Stranded Scientist (human female) isn't naked in my communist empire, but she should be. I went back to menu and tested an ordinary human communist empire and they were naked perfectly fine, so something screwy is going on. I'll look into fixing it and any other issues that I notice (or get reported).

2 hours ago, PhantomX said:

Hey, thanks for an interesting mod :) 

Suggestion: you can try to make an edict for nudity. As portraits can be updated after some events, mb they can be changed via edict.

Thank you! I can look into it. I'm wary of making gameplay changes, to be honest. I play with very few mods and I wouldn't want to waste an edict slot on nudism unless it had a gameplay benefit, and then I'd have to balance it.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TarusCW said:

Just a suggestion, but do you think you could add a patch that makes your mod work with Lustful Void's nudist trait?

Probably not, to be honest. Good suggestion, though! I don't want to add to my maintenance burden, and I'm not sure it would work well. In earlier versions of my mod I already tried to tie certain traits to nudism and I didn't have good results, so I had to abandon that idea.

13 hours ago, SheepishNudist said:

Probably not, to be honest. Good suggestion, though! I don't want to add to my maintenance burden, and I'm not sure it would work well. In earlier versions of my mod I already tried to tie certain traits to nudism and I didn't have good results, so I had to abandon that idea.

Too bad. :(

Another topic: I can't activate the insult fix. I put into my mod folder and it is visible in the my mod list, but I can't activate it. It says that the mod's path is invalid and that it can't be loaded by the game.

4 hours ago, TarusCW said:

Too bad. :(

Another topic: I can't activate the insult fix. I put into my mod folder and it is visible in the my mod list, but I can't activate it. It says that the mod's path is invalid and that it can't be loaded by the game.

Go to mods manager in launcher, press mod tools and create mod, in mod find {mod_name} and add files (not mod name), go open .mod file with text notepad, you find like (C:/admin/stellaris/mod/{mod_name}) delete path like (=mod/mod name). And final make .mod only read. (sorry for bad english). All my added mods works like that if the not from workshop.

• 1 month later...

@SheepishNudist

Am I doing something wrong, or does this not work for elves? It works fine on humans... but not elves. I don't see anything in the mod file .txts, either. I really do enjoy the concept though!

Edit: Ah, I see how it works now. Yikes, those EOS clothes txt files are a slog to get through. I think I got it working... that was a pain.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Updated the mod to 3.0.1 and added support for Necroids while I was at it. None of them can be undressed.

I never did find a solution to the problem I posted earlier (the scientist in the Stranded Scientist event was naked), but then I also don't play much. The last playthrough I had I noticed no issues, other than the ones mentioned in the Known Issues section.

On 12/17/2020 at 9:31 PM, enterprise2001 said:

Will this be updated for 2.8.x?

Apologies, I stopped playing Stellaris for a while, but the new DLC brought me back enough to update it.

I decided I could do better, so I did. Dropping achievement compatibility was necessary to clean up more bugs, add the edict, and allowed me to clean up the asset selector files enormously. This mod probably was doing weird things in multiplayer anyways.

• the mod is no longer achievement compatible.
  • drew custom nude versions of a few species using the game's presapient art, including a dimorphic version of rep12. These species are now always naked as a consequence.
  • cleaned up the mod dramatically. Adding support for other modder's species should be much, much easier. I also now only need to update one location if I want to add new conditions for nudity.
  • I no longer overwrite 00_scripted_triggers.txt, a win for compatibility.
  • To fix some bugs I was forced to overwrite 00_diplo_phrases.txt file, a fail for compatibility.
  • Shared Burdens no longer defaults to nudity. Instead there's a new edict you can toggle, but it only shows up if your primary species can be undressed. There's also an edict for Rogue Servitors. French translations of both edicts is included (but might be imperfect).
  • Pops and leaders living in empires where the primary species is naked will themselves also be naked, where the mod supports it.
  • added Eyeshadow Remover. Full credit to orc_junior.
On 5/21/2020 at 1:02 PM, PhantomX said:

Hey, thanks for an interesting mod :) 

Suggestion: you can try to make an edict for nudity. As portraits can be updated after some events, mb they can be changed via edict.

This is done.

On 5/22/2020 at 4:50 AM, AsteriskCGY said:

I wonder if you can add a free edict that does nothing. There are edicts that don't count towards your edict slots and other mods use them for menu options. 

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm almost a year late, but better late than never.

On 7/25/2020 at 12:28 AM, Lute said:

@SheepishNudist

Am I doing something wrong, or does this not work for elves? It works fine on humans... but not elves. I don't see anything in the mod file .txts, either. I really do enjoy the concept though!

Edit: Ah, I see how it works now. Yikes, those EOS clothes txt files are a slog to get through. I think I got it working... that was a pain.

The new version is much cleaner. There'll still be some work to bring other portrait mods in line but it shouldn't be as bad as it was.

Some bugs I've noticed from playtesting are that foreign AI empires seem to be naked when they shouldn't be and that the Tzynn Empire still has an empty leader screen sometimes. For now I want to finish my current game before troubleshooting, but I'll get around to it.

EDIT: fixed both issues.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Another change I forgot to put in the new version notes: I dropped the edict. I know I put it in place on request, but I don’t like it.

- I’m a minimalist and I don’t like a silly edict appearing on new game for every empire.

- It didn’t support AI empires. A good part of the fun should be seeing more naked empires in-game, not just playing one yourself.

Aquatic (trait) empires and pops, Shared Burden empires, Anglers, and Agrarian Idyll are all undressed (where the portraits support it). Aquatic trait isn’t actually limited to Aquatic portraits and is a convenient, lore-friendly way to undress any (supported) species. Why would you wear clothing underwater?

I’ve still got tons of complaints about this game’s portraits, from the weird humanoid artwork, to the complete lack of dimorphism or color variants for almost all species. It’s all uncanny valley but I’m not a good enough artist to fix it.

Edited by SheepishNudist

Any chance this could be made to work with the Asari and Elves of Stellaris mods? They both use Nessa's artwork, and once upon a time both had nudity patches on this site.

EDIT: I assume it can't be made to work with the new human portraits due to lack of art?

EDIT2: Is there a reason pops appear clothed in the Population page for my Syncretic empire with enslaved serviles? Using new human portraits for main species, old human portraits for syncretic.

Edited by MasterQuinn
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 6:13 PM, SluttySnowcraft said:

Would it be possible to also add a condition for the nudist species trait?

From Lustful Void? I see that abs_nobody released a fix for this mod and a compatibility patch, which is awesome. To be honest I'd personally rather run Calcifire's portrait mod (Director's Cut) if I was running Lustful Void. I'd be running that full-time myself if the full override version didn't require Lustful Void.

On 9/13/2022 at 7:37 PM, MasterQuinn said:

Any chance this could be made to work with the Asari and Elves of Stellaris mods? They both use Nessa's artwork, and once upon a time both had nudity patches on this site.

EDIT: I assume it can't be made to work with the new human portraits due to lack of art?

EDIT2: Is there a reason pops appear clothed in the Population page for my Syncretic empire with enslaved serviles? Using new human portraits for main species, old human portraits for syncretic.

I already update this mod way less than I should, so I'm not really interested in taking on additional work by making compatibility patches. I do appreciate Nessa's artwork, though. Same argument for boob-ifying the new human portraits. I could probably do a passable job at that if I spent time on it (see my newest post for otter boobs) but I'd rather focus on improving my release cadence to slightly better than yearly.

Thank you for the report. I'll take a look at it.

Edited by SheepishNudist