[mod] Situational Nudity

I really don't play Stellaris that often so I've been doing a bad job at supporting this. Apologies. Whenever I get another release out I'll probably split up the dimorphism and situational nudity into two separate modules, since the dimorphism work I've collected and fixed up is IMO pretty well done, but I was still having bugs last time I checked with the situational nudity portion. The dimorphism collection mods on the workshop don't seem to clean up the various errors last time I checked, and I remember Silfae's portraits missing the newer clothing Paradox added. I fixed that in my mod, I don't think the workshop dimorphism "updates" (that I checked) fixed that either.

I see abs_nobody mentioned a fix for situational nudity, I can look into that. Thank you.

For anyone reading, have some blursed Stellaris otter breasts. I started redoing art to add more dimorphism and more nudity in the vanilla style before deciding my sanity demanded I halt immediately. These were actually working in-game for the most part other than a little clipping.

No, I'm not going to fix them. Maybe somebody else will, who knows.

banged1.png

banged2.png

dark_red.png

Edited by SheepishNudist
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 3:22 PM, rylasasin said:

This mod needs a 3.7 update.

Problem: Mod causes all empires to not start with corvettes, hyperdrive 1, or research lab techs, and no ships, even if the origin in question is not payback or broken shackles.

same, but a workaround is to start with the mod disabled, then enable it and come back. But it doesn't work on everything anymore so idk if it wold be much use anyway

• 3 months later...

If you ever come back to this mod (which I hope you do, it was one of the better nude portraits mods around), perhaps you could add some integration with Lustful Void, so that species with the Nudist or Exhibitionist traits, or pops living in empires with the Sexualized Culture or Divine Coupling civics, are also naked.

Edited by zxczxczbfg
  • 2 weeks later...

I've attached a beta version of this mod, updated to version 3.9.3. Apologies for not hearing from me for a while. I don't play Stellaris that often, and while I love the gameplay the portrait system is a fecking joke. No variety, no dimorphism. Nudity not supported, despite that being a thing in even Victoria 3, and it'd be actually really useful here (as in my mod -- aquatic empires, hive minds, primitives). I digress.

I actually had an update for version 3.6 but I didn't want to push it out without testing, and it wasn't working quite right. I'm posting the beta for 3.9.3 specifically to avoid that from happening again, so that worst case people have something to work with.

What's new:

- overwrote fewer vanilla files for better compatibility

- stopped getting rid of stupid hair. it just overwrote a bunch of files for little reason. 

- restored the new vanilla human portraits. Previously, Situational Nudity tried to make the old human portraits the new default and overwrote a bunch of stuff to accomplish this, but at this point I'm throwing in the towel.

- cleaned up the logic so that it works better, and in more situations.

- added the new megacorp worker cooperative civic to the list for naked empires. naked communism is the silliest part of the mod, but I wanted a vanilla nudist civic that wasn't pleasure seekers or aquatic.

- added an AI only 'nudism' technology that exists to seamlessly make the fear of the dark splinter planet nudist.

What I need to do:

- the naked insult isn't properly updated, so your naked empire might belittle other empires for being naked, or be belittled for wearing clothing.

- events that add leaders will be the fecking death of me. they drive me insane. they never seem to want to be naked when they join, and there's no simple way that I know of to undress them via event or scripted effect. (The only option I know of is to have an entire second copy of the species that's permanude, and force the leader to switch to that species. Super ugly/complicated.)

Controversial

The last point is leading to the most controversial thing I'll likely do, which is: drop the whole point of the mod. Humanoids will all wear clothing again, as per vanilla, for consistency. Most of the other species I edit will become perma-naked. This has the immense benefit of being soooo much saner. No more inconsistencies, no more special logic needed for civics. There would just be a bunch more perma-naked species. The mod would become tame enough that I could probably just upload it on the workshop, I just don't want to. On the plus side, it would be rock-solid, easier to update, and anyone actually using it wouldn't keep running into these fecking clothed people running around your supposedly nudist empire.

Situational Nudity 3.9.3 Beta.zip

Edited by SheepishNudist

Attached is simple nudity. It's a clean, up to date variant of the mod described at the end of my previous post. Instead of situation-dependent nudity it turns a bunch of aliens into permanently nude aliens. Advantage is it's much less buggy and much more compatible.

Doesn't affect humanoids since IMO those looked out of place. As soon as I finish cleaning up 'situational nudity' to the best of my ability I'll update the post properly with Situational Nudity, Simple Nudity, and a humanoid Simple Nudity add-on.

Simple Nudity beta 3.9.3.zip

Edited by SheepishNudist
  • 1 month later...