Want to upgrade/increase RAM

So I got the RAM yesterday and eventually got it installed. In the BIOS it shows the RAM running at 1600Mhz as per the XMP, but when I check in Speccy and CPU-Z its running at 799Mhz. So, which is the RAM actually running at? Also, under the Memory profiles it listed 3 for Corsair, 2 for 3200 (one was listed as Tight while the other was Loose) and the 3rd was 3000 Tight. Are those for Overclocking and what is the difference between the Tight and Loose?

I haven't heard of the issues that you are experiencing. I believe they are from both the old and the new (by a sight difference ) 

I don't over clock memory, I buy the speed that I want to use and leave it at that. (same with the processor) So I can't help with that strange issue. It is almost like "Speccy and CPUZ is somehow getting it wrong.  I have yet to hear the bios getting it wrong.

Perhaps this is more useful

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ddr-dram-faq,4154.html

Sorry, I don't have experience in this issue.

if you have activated the xmp in your bios everything is ok. your memory runs with 1600 mhz. DDR is translated with Double Data Rate. 1600 mhz corresponds to real 799 mhz memory clock. Everything is ok.

1600 mhz is the effective clock, 799 mhz is the real clock.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, nickohellfyre said:

why go for 64 gb if now whe can go for 128 gb or in some rare ocasions even 1 tb :P

Yes, why not.. just load up your entire OS and all your personal data and games onto ram.... That should do it. :P

I assume someone will be paying for all that ram and hardware to contain it ;)