Animal Mansion 4??? (Dev Thread)

hey tasairis, great work! everything worked sofar as advertised.

would be nice to change the first dialog options, when you meet thaena. When i met her, i thought the mod does not work, because i had only "standard" dialog optons. after some repair tries, i thought, you are maybe that devious!^^....

I used a cleaned save to try the mod out (had AMPlus before). Worked like a charm (once i clicket the "standard" dialog. Like you told, baily does not follow propperly, had to sommon him after passing through loading doors, but teleporting worked.

The only problem encountered, was that the initiation of the sex scene did not worken in both cases (Baily+player after catchng thaena and baily inflagranti and with the show for the jarl). had to initiate the scenes once with invite dialog and once with invite short cut (Aroused creature) and the quest progressed! usually quests brake with that kind of things. Very well done! The problem itself could be created, because i activated invite dialoges in aroused creatures. i read somewhere, activating this option can lead to problems, but never had any sofar.

One minor point (immersion): after i returned from jarl with the message, that the jarl granted the couple days time (catching inflagranti scene) thaena was douwnstares and had to walk (wierdly, sideways, as someone dragged her) upstairs first and then initiate the scene. The scene was stuck and did not progress (could be my SL). maybe teleport her on loadscreen to the scene location or if you do not like teleportations, let her walk there, before the player leaves to the jarl.

sofar my feedback. great work again! i am really looking forward to the continuation of the mod.

chears

4 hours ago, monty359 said:

would be nice to change the first dialog options, when you meet thaena. When i met her, i thought the mod does not work, because i had only "standard" dialog optons. after some repair tries, i thought, you are maybe that devious!^^....

I actually kinda like that trick - in fact I'm using something like it somewhere else. Is it really that confusing?

I used a cleaned save to try the mod out (had AMPlus before). Worked like a charm (once i clicket the "standard" dialog. Like you told, baily does not follow propperly, had to sommon him after passing through loading doors, but teleporting worked.

I really hate how it doesn't work. Using the standard AI "follow" package. There are a couple other possibilities, including one specifically about following the player, so I'll try to fix it later today and if it works I'll upload a v0.1.1 I'll do a v0.1.1 regardless.

The only problem encountered, was that the initiation of the sex scene did not worken in both cases (Baily+player after catchng thaena and baily inflagranti and with the show for the jarl). had to initiate the scenes once with invite dialog and once with invite short cut (Aroused creature) and the quest progressed! usually quests brake with that kind of things. Very well done! The problem itself could be created, because i activated invite dialoges in aroused creatures. i read somewhere, activating this option can lead to problems, but never had any sofar.

I know it was working for me earlier, but it's possible I broke something along the way. Can you post your Papyrus log? Or crop it to anything that says "[AMX]".

One minor point (immersion): after i returned from jarl with the message, that the jarl granted the couple days time (catching inflagranti scene) thaena was douwnstares and had to walk (wierdly, sideways, as someone dragged her) upstairs first and then initiate the scene. The scene was stuck and did not progress (could be my SL). maybe teleport her on loadscreen to the scene location or if you do not like teleportations, let her walk there, before the player leaves to the jarl.

Known issue (on my list but I didn't add it to the post): I do move her upstairs but her default packages are still running without anything to override them so the engine will move her around when you enter the building.

Stupid mistake with Bailey's popup script. Please replace that file with the one attached. I'll do a new upload with this and other fixes later.

The bug will have created a never-ending Papyrus function call ("infinite loop") every time you triggered the popup and selected the sex option. A couple of them won't kill your game but it's really not good to have running like that. You have two options:

a) Load a save from before you used the popup, or

b) Kill the script(s): open your save with ReSaver, filter to the AMX ESP, and kill any running ActivateAnimal scripts you see

amx_ActivateAnimal.pex

If I read the previous posts right your had plans to include follower NPC's and/or follower creatures as part of the radiant events. AMP only cared about the PC, NPC's in the area only got involved if triggered 'accidentally' but never contributed to the PC's progress.  Probably very complicated to control as everything turns into mass public debauchery once the PC gets started.

Regarding getting NPC/Follower to interact with creatures:

-in my current setup I can 'select/activate' a creature by pressing 'n' and in NPC/Follower dialog there is now an option like "that animal needs servicing", and if all conditions are met the NPC's will interact with the chosen creature

-example: select a dog (blue magic glow effect, arousal status text appears in top left), speak to follower, option "that animal needs servicing" is in list, follower says something like "okay" or "you'r right" or "sounds good to me" (moves to animal and animation triggered), or says "no way" (NPC not aroused maybe), or "that animal shows no interest" (animal not aroused)

Might be feature of ABMM or SL Aroused or SLArousedCreatures, not sure (too many acronyms!).  The selecting part is from the basic sexlab engine I think.  For this mod it would have to award quest credit for the act if that is what you are going for.

Missives:

-I like the idea of Theana receiving requests by courier for the radiant events, or even public postings

• "Animal breeder needs a sales associate for special demonstration.  Exhibitionists preferred."
  • "Lonely <gender> seeking experienced <creature> trainer for 'special' project.  Discretion required."
  • "Seeking entertainer for unique party experience.  Suitable applicants must be experienced in the ways of Hercine and Dibella." (the last bit is for role play)
55 minutes ago, walkingwounded said:

If I read the previous posts right your had plans to include follower NPC's and/or follower creatures as part of the radiant events. AMP only cared about the PC, NPC's in the area only got involved if triggered 'accidentally' but never contributed to the PC's progress.  Probably very complicated to control as everything turns into mass public debauchery once the PC gets started.

Followers, yes. I don't think I'll do follower creatures because (a) the main point of the mod is that it provides creatures for you, and (b) there aren't very many interspecies animations, quite possibly all exclusively in HCoS, so it's not like Meeko could be very helpful.

Regarding getting NPC/Follower to interact with creatures:

-in my current setup I can 'select/activate' a creature by pressing 'n' and in NPC/Follower dialog there is now an option like "that animal needs servicing", and if all conditions are met the NPC's will interact with the chosen creature

-example: select a dog (blue magic glow effect, arousal status text appears in top left), speak to follower, option "that animal needs servicing" is in list, follower says something like "okay" or "you'r right" or "sounds good to me" (moves to animal and animation triggered), or says "no way" (NPC not aroused maybe), or "that animal shows no interest" (animal not aroused)

So far I haven't had a need for a follower to interact with an unknown creature - meaning that the mod doesn't know which creature they should engage. So far everything I've thought of has a known, prescribed set of creatures involved. For example, the dog sale has three specific dogs that can arbitrarily be designated as "first", "second", and "third". So mere dialogue telling the follower to have at them is enough.

Anyway, what mod are you talking about? Because if it provides a mechanism for a follower to start a scene with a creature, AMX will make use of that. Like I said earlier, objectives are based on sex events rather than sex actions, so if that mod provides a way to start an animation with a creature, and if this mod wants to see an animation with that creature, then it will count (barring other scene or participant requirements).

Try it out: play the alpha until you have to demonstrate for the Jarl, then go ahead and use that mod to start the animation between your follower and Bailey.

Fun fact: technically speaking, the demonstration for the Jarl doesn't care who Bailey's partner was. Just that Bailey was in a scene. The earlier dialogue with Thaena about doing it yourself or having someone help is for role-play only, and that's deliberate: I intend for every player-or-follower circumstance to allow someone to change their mind without punishment. (Though it may involve some small degree of retconning of the player's earlier choices.)

Note that Thaena's offer of Bailey to a female player doesn't count as a "player-or-follower circumstance" so the corresponding objective really does require that the player herself follows through.

Missives:

-I like the idea of Theana receiving requests by courier for the radiant events, or even public postings

• "Animal breeder needs a sales associate for special demonstration.  Exhibitionists preferred."
  • "Lonely <gender> seeking experienced <creature> trainer for 'special' project.  Discretion required."
  • "Seeking entertainer for unique party experience.  Suitable applicants must be experienced in the ways of Hercine and Dibella." (the last bit is for role play)

I've only been thinking of requests being sent directly to the Mansion, though there is an idea about some sort of Mansion competitor that I'm considering.

Ideas like radiant "events" or public postings are outside the scope of the Animal Mansion mod. The ideas are generally reasonable, don't get me wrong there, but the issue is that they don't actually require the Mansion to work. In other words, the ideas deserve their own separate mods. Then after that comes the possibility of mod integrations and collaborations...

Okay, here goes. Started a new game...

I *like* the branched dialogues and having them dependent on circumstance. Your writing skill is impressive, and it's nice to see an adult mod with more/better dialogue than 'You want sum fuck?'. I did notice lines occasionally drop out of the captioning, but it seemed to be random and a it happens with a lot of mods, so it's not a dealbreaker. 

Had a problem with Thaena telling me "You need to leave" after the first trip to the jarl, followed by basically the same problem that monty had with her being out of place/not engaging with Bailey while he dry-humped the floor. (Speaking of, thanks for changing him.)  The first time I went though it, it worked seamlessly. Every time thereafter, 'You need to leave'. 

ETA: I went back and started where LAL dropped me in ('I own property in Falkreath' gets you a pre-built Lakeviiew and a free horse. Who knew?) and didn't have a problem with 'You need to leave'. (I did wait just inside the door until I heard the scene start upstairs.) Could have been a problem with flogging a later save to try out the different dialogues. And since it's really only supposed to be a one-time scene...I dunno, your call.  

Coming into the house after 'the demonstration', I heard male groaning sounds, but there was no man in the house. I guess the jarl was being *really* loud about his 'jarl business'. (I was a little disappointed that I hadn't 'caught' Thaena again...)

A few hiccups, but overall it looks promising. Looking forward to the next installment.

here is my log.

i see a lot of:

[08/04/2020 - 06:31:30PM] ERROR: Cannot get the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
    [ (00000014)].Actor.GetFactionRank() - "<native>" Line ?
    [alias Player on quest BWAQuest (7D000D62)].BWAroused.UT() - "BWAroused.psc" Line ?
    [alias Player on quest BWAQuest (7D000D62)].BWAroused.Main() - "BWAroused.psc" Line ?
    [alias Player on quest BWAQuest (7D000D62)].BWAroused.OnUpdate() - "BWAroused.psc" Line ?

i do not think it is because of AMX. if anyone can tell me, why i get those lines and how to get rid of them, that would be nice.

one additional thing: the dialogs you sead were too long.  i did not feel that way. i found it a "natural" explanation for the situation. in my opinion you do not have to change that, because too long.

@coffeeandcynicism nice idea with catching Thaena inflagranti again..., but baylie was with you wisiting the jarl..., still nice idea for later events

chears

Papyrus.1.7z

7 hours ago, coffeeandcynicism said:

I did notice lines occasionally drop out of the captioning, but it seemed to be random and a it happens with a lot of mods, so it's not a dealbreaker.

That's odd.

Had a problem with Thaena telling me "You need to leave" after the first trip to the jarl, followed by basically the same problem that monty had with her being out of place/not engaging with Bailey while he dry-humped the floor. (Speaking of, thanks for changing him.)  The first time I went though it, it worked seamlessly. Every time thereafter, 'You need to leave'.

What time of day was it? I kinda set up the standard stuff about locking up but don't think I finished it... Might just not do that.

Coming into the house after 'the demonstration', I heard male groaning sounds, but there was no man in the house. I guess the jarl was being *really* loud about his 'jarl business'. (I was a little disappointed that I hadn't 'caught' Thaena again...)

I think you're getting an engine and/or SexLab bug. Happens for me too but pretty rarely: there's a scene running somewhere "outside" but it seems to be playing "inside". I don't remember if telling SexLab to stop everything stops it.

3 hours ago, monty359 said:

here is my log.

BWA is Blush When Aroused. Nothing to do with this.

one additional thing: the dialogs you sead were too long.  i did not feel that way. i found it a "natural" explanation for the situation. in my opinion you do not have to change that, because too long.

I'm used to written works where one can go into detail, except this isn't a book. It does make sense to say everything that it does, but if you compare it with everything else in the game the dialogue really does feel to me like it's too much. I don't want to cut out much though. So I'll condense what I can and move other stuff out into optional dialogue.

tasairis, can you give a invite to your discord? thx

I don't have a server, I just use it for occasional chat. PMs work too.

Animal Mansion Extended v0.1.1.rar

- Bailey now has opposable thumbs so he can open doors

- Bailey will have sex with the player if you ask him nicely

- Thaena goes upstairs and stays there

- Some miscellaneous and unfinished dialogue edits

Known Issues:

- Bailey got a nip and tuck

"So tasairis, what did Bethesda do wrong this time?"

1. Bethesda did a clever thing with races where each one can be flagged as being incapable of opening doors. Naturally, most animals are marked as such. This actually kinda makes sense.

2. They also did a clever thing whereby followers follow the player through loading screens by actually interacting with the doors. Blocking actors from activating doors is how they can be kept out of a cell (eg, the Falkreath DB Sanctuary).

Those two facts combine to create awkwardness for creature followers: if dogs can't operate doors, how can they follow the player? The answer is obviously to create a duplicate dog race that is specifically able to open doors.

"Wow, that's stupid!"

Eh, it's kinda stupid. That's not what I was bitching about. I'm bitching about the thing that has plagued Skyrim since the very beginning: Bethesda forgetting to do things that have to be fixed by patch mods. In this case, it's race skins.

1. Skins are basically armor.

2. Armor is made up of armor addons - those are the actual pieces of things you can see. Oftentimes an armor piece crams all its pieces into just one addon.

3. Addons are restricted to specific races.

Can you see where this is going? Here, I'll spoil it for you:

The skin addon for the "bare" (unarmored) husky race isn't set up in vanilla Skyrim.esm to support the duplicated husky-as-a-follower race.

Does the regular gray mutt and mutt-as-a-follower skin addon have that problem? No.

Does the armored husky and armored husky-as-a-follower skin addon have that problem? No.

It's another damned oversight on Bethesda's part.

@MadMansGun Think you could patch that in your next version of MNC?

HuskyBareAA.png

2 hours ago, tasairis said:

That's odd.

It might be on me. Like I said, it happens on quite a few mods that use Fus. It's never bothered me enough to dig into it. Context usually suffices.

What time of day was it? I kinda set up the standard stuff about locking up but don't think I finished it... Might just not do that.

Mid-afternoon/early evening. I did some 'go outside, wait an hour'-type stuff. IIWM, I don't think I'd bother with it.

I think you're getting an engine and/or SexLab bug. Happens for me too but pretty rarely: there's a scene running somewhere "outside" but it seems to be playing "inside". I don't remember if telling SexLab to stop everything stops it.

I know what you're talking about. I've left a scene running in one cell and moved to another and had the audio follow me. But unless NPCs are randomly boning behind my back, I don't think that's happening here. I don't have any mods set to trigger that.

I'm used to written works where one can go into detail, except this isn't a book. It does make sense to say everything that it does, but if you compare it with everything else in the game the dialogue really does feel to me like it's too much. I don't want to cut out much though. So I'll condense what I can and move other stuff out into optional dialogue.

I'm with monty on this. "A writer writes" (and most are overly critical of their own work). It's a good read the first time through, and at least it's clickthrough-able(?) if you've played before. It's not like that insufferable scene in AMP after you hire Jesper that makes you sit through the entire thing every damned time.

The whole structure of TES data is kind of bothersome in that you cannot modify a single property without replacing the entire record (like you cannot change the color of something without making an entire new copy of it first).  Good thing tools like SSEEdit can at least show what is clobbering your changes so you can compensate (or advise the upstream author in this case).

I hope Pfiffy will notice for the SE port.

13 hours ago, prometheusx said:

In my setup the dog is missing his schlong. Not sure, could be a problem with his race.

Looks like MNC and Animal SOS (the two CF plugins I have installed) don't support his race. It's the same addon problem as the vanilla records had.

When I switched the race I made sure to check SexLab, but I didn't think to verify the CF aroused mesh was visible...

Unfortunately there's no quick fix to this - not in a nice way that doesn't involve telling people to go into the CF MCM to change settings.

I might be able to switch him back to the non-companion husky race (the one that wouldn't follow through doors) and then figure out a way to script him so he follows properly, but off the top of my head I'm not sure how.

Dammit Bethesda.

edit: MadMansGun kindly uploaded a patched MNC.esp (scroll down). Assuming your MNC is already up to date, install that, then go into the CF MCM and make sure the Husky (Domestic) is using MNC for meshes.

7 minutes ago, tasairis said:

Looks like MNC and Animal SOS (the two CF plugins I have installed) don't support his race. It's the same addon problem as the vanilla records had.

When I switched the race I made sure to check SexLab, but I didn't think to verify the CF aroused mesh was visible...

Unfortunately there's no quick fix to this - not in a nice way that doesn't involve telling people to go into the CF MCM to change settings.

I might be able to switch him back to the non-companion husky race (the one that wouldn't follow through doors) and then figure out a way to script him so he follows properly, but off the top of my head I'm not sure how.

Dammit Bethesda.

if your talking about the un-armored husky he shoul.........wait.......oh......i missed a spot.

11 hours ago, prometheusx said:

One thing other thing:

After asking the Jarl, how he liked the show, the was no answer from him.

Maybe it's just a stylistic thing or a missing text. 

He should have said something. No dialogue menu, just a couple lines. Were you able to return to Thaena and finish the quest?