General Tech Support question, but related to Skyrim

This is much more general, but the primary problem is concerning skyrim.

My windows computer randomly enters sleep mode once in a while for no reason.  Most of the time it's just a matter of waking it up and logging back in and I'm good to go for a long time.  I can never predict when it will happen though.  But If I'm playing skyrim the game will crash and I have to restart.  Which sucks if it hasn't saved in a while.

I have tried everything.  It's not overheating, because the temp is cool sometimes and most often it occurs just after waking the computer up.

I've tried every combination of power settings I read about when googling the problem, and it still happens.

The computer is pretty much new, a year old at most.

I can't figure out the cause.  Now it doesn't happen frequently enough to be a big problem, but just frequently enough to be a nuisance.  I can't pinpoint any cause for it.  It just happens.  There's no set time frame from logging in to a random sleep mode.  It can be 5 mins in, 1 min in, half an hr in, or 5 hrs in, or not at all that day.

My best guess is the trigger in the laptop closing mechanism is somehow messed up, but the position of the machine or monitor portion doesn't seem to affect it so unlikely.  And I've read this is a common windows issue.

So any advise or at least a pinpoint of the issue would be nice.

Another guess is that it has to do with Nvidia which seems to be a cause of many problems, but I haven't seen anything to suggest it yet.  Just that it generally gets in my way with everything else.

1 hour ago, Swe-DivX said:

Windows 10?

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-p-series-laptops/thinkpad-p53-type-20qn-20qq/solutions/ht509514

The last part of the page.

Does not sound like it is a sleep mode problem. More like you have a heat problem with the graphics card or motherboard.

https://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

You have turned off the parental control? ?

Parental control is off, and it isn't heat.  It can happen the moment I log on (well before it can build up any heat), or not at all (well after it has plenty of heat).  And often times the laptop is cool to the touch where most of the heat vents.  I imagine it would be much hotter (as happened with my old laptop when it started dying).

It is windows 10.  Tried every power mode solution I could.  Hibernate mode is already disabled. It still happens.

I'm inclined to think it is something else than power settings or heat.  But I can't imagine what.

EDIT: Possibly related, it sometimes randomly exists sleep mode in the middle of the night unless I have the lid closed.  So it also has random wakes.  Screen goes from dark to the login screen.

No sign of any malware, intrusion, etc.  The laptop is only used for gaming, and like I said it's new.  It's only been to Skyrim modding websites its entire life so far. 

Is automatic update off? also do you play with internet on or off? you should have it off so it does not interrupt game play. Updates like to start your computer at night ...to well update most new computers will do this unless you change the update settings to manual only. I would guess you are running SKSE in windows mode? Also check your cords to the transformer and to the plug they sometimes loosen up and will not have a great connection so your computer will go into safe mode not hibernate basically saving its charge much like your car does when you try to play the radio to long with the key off.

As for update and malware updates can change setting even without you knowing about it ( example ever update your phone a suddenly you now have a different font ...PC are the same). ...Check and recheck. If you have a new computer with windows 10 you have factory installed malware thanks to Microsoft it is from them. It can be removed but takes a little doing to do it.

Not sure any of this helps but these are some things I have ran across in the past.

3 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

Is automatic update off? also do you play with internet on or off? you should have it off so it does not interrupt game play. Updates like to start your computer at night ...to well update most new computers will do this unless you change the update settings to manual only. I would guess you are running SKSE in windows mode? Also check your cords to the transformer and to the plug they sometimes loosen up and will not have a great connection so your computer will go into safe mode not hibernate basically saving its charge much like your car does when you try to play the radio to long with the key off.

As for update and malware updates can change setting even without you knowing about it ( example ever update your phone a suddenly you now have a different font ...PC are the same). ...Check and recheck. If you have a new computer with windows 10 you have factory installed malware thanks to Microsoft it is from them. It can be removed but takes a little doing to do it.

Not sure any of this helps but these are some things I have ran across in the past.

I had help setting it up.  Updates are manual and most of the factory installed stuff was stripped out.  I am running SKSE in windows mode.  cords and such are all firmly plugged in.  I do play with the internet on though.  I can try turning it off.  It's highly unlikely I have any foreign malware.  There aren't many programs on this computer so it's easy to keep track of changes.  And the only websites I really visit are LL and certain skyrim modding patreons.  Nexus long ago but not much anymore.

Check your power settings.

Notebook can go down(sleep, hybernate, shutdown) if very low on battery. Maybe your battery is no good. Or driver for battery status is no good. It makes no difference if your notebook is pluged to main coord.

If you have Windowx 10, sometimes it helps if you do "true", "hard" reboot. What you normaly use is fake reboot/shutdown (but Microsoft didnt tell you that).

2 hours ago, Fotogen said:

Check your power settings.

Notebook can go down(sleep, hybernate, shutdown) if very low on battery. Maybe your battery is no good. Or driver for battery status is no good. It makes no difference if your notebook is pluged to main coord.

If you have Windowx 10, sometimes it helps if you do "true", "hard" reboot. What you normaly use is fake reboot/shutdown (but Microsoft didnt tell you that).

It's a new computer and a gaming one at that.  Power settings are as efficient as I can get them.  I tried updating all drivers.  I've done hard reboots.

I've eliminated most of the possible causes, tried every power configuration I can.  I'm kind of hoping somebody chimes in with some more unusual cause they went through.  Because it's certainly none of the common causes so far.  But, at the same time I don't know tech well.  All I can say is I've tried everything that google showed me when I typed in my problem.  So I'm assuming it's something more unusual (that or I just got the worst luck and got a broken computer to start with.  But from what I understand it's top quality.  I believe the brand is MSI or maybe that's the model, something like that.  Lots of cool gaming designed features.)  Maybe there's something about this type of computer I don't know about.  It's my first real gaming computer.  In the past I used to just duel boot macs for gaming lol.