Is it possible to use both CBBE and Fusion Girl?

I ask because I want the animation and skeleton support of Fusion Girl, but also keep my outfits for CBBE. CBBE for gameplay and Fusion Girl for AAF.

I am using Mod Organizer 2 to manage my mods.

The install guide for AAF states either fusion girl OR cbbe for the female body, which kinda implies it is one or the other.  Which does make sense, since they both have their own skeletons for animation and such and they are not likely to be compatible skeletons at that.

I was hoping for something like FNV Sexout where in the mcm menu, you can set the bodies for some characters when a sex event starts.

Though if that's the case, then I'll just have to do with CBBE for now.

1 hour ago, 123k said:

I was hoping for something like FNV Sexout where in the mcm menu, you can set the bodies for some characters when a sex event starts.

Though if that's the case, then I'll just have to do with CBBE for now.

There are load's of conversions on Nexus Mods for fusion Girl.  If you have the spare time during this pamdemic of Human Malware you could take a look at this Tut https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/40555 .   Also there is a BodySlide Reference Template for converting CBBE to Fusion Girl https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/37380 .

I mean, technically you could.

CBBE and Fusion Girl use the same textures. Only difference is Fusion Girl skins have "interior" details, while CBBE skins don't. But they work just fine with each other.

So build all your outfits with CBBE, and then build your naked body with Fusion Girl. The only issue you'll run into, is the bodyslide preset. Trying to match your CBBE preset to look like your Fusion Girl preset, or vice versa, since they use different sliders. This is where downloading something like Josie or MTM or other bodyslide presets that support both Fusion GIrl and CBBE come in handy.

Otherwise, it's completely doable. Build your outfits with CBBE, build your body with Fusion GIrl. Won't have any skin texture glitches, as they share the same skins, so you'll be set. All bodies for Fallout 4 use the same textures (with the exception of Wonder Body, Vanilla, and I think Jane Bod), so go crazy with mix and matching if you want.

After an hour or so's messing around with conversion sliders:

image.png

I got a converted bikini top. I can probably get that down quite a bit with some practice. Not that I want to spend a lot of time converting outfits.

image.png

Still, it's insanely nice to be able to sneak and not see broken knees all over the place. Except for the girl in the white stockings - the socks are still using a CBBE mesh, so they still break...

I did a bit more investigation. This outfit works with CBBE gear

image.png

(Ignore the odd shadow on her leg and crotch; that's being cast by someone standing next to her).

The trouble is, the reason this works is that the shoes are providing the body, and the body in the shoes is CBBE. So if I take the shoes away, we get clippage:

image.png

We could give her a set of fusiongirl stockings...

image.png

... but then the FG body inside the new shoes clips against the top.

OK. Found a bagy tank top FG conversion. It clips a bit with a Josie preset, but nothing I can't fix.

image.png

The next thing to do is call in on Piper. There isn't a FG conversion for CrimsomRider's feminine 50s outfits, and if they clip, I'll have to find something else. That will be a pity.

[edit]

And Piper's just fine!

image.png

Of course, the reason for that, is that Piper's outfit has a CBBE body baked into it. So naturally it doesn't clip.

So, really, problems are only going to arise with separates, where different items use different bodies.

I was beginning to doubt, but could work after all.

One last check: let's have a look at those stocking knees.

image.png

Not bad, although I need to do the text file thing that says how much to raise the body on account of the heels. That's doable.

Little disappointed with the other knee though:

image.png

I don't know what's going on there. Still, if I can ignore the CBBE broken knee for all this time,  I can probably manage to tune this out

• 3 years later...
On 5/7/2020 at 7:47 PM, Spyder Arachnid said:

I mean, technically you could.

CBBE and Fusion Girl use the same textures. Only difference is Fusion Girl skins have "interior" details, while CBBE skins don't. But they work just fine with each other.

So build all your outfits with CBBE, and then build your naked body with Fusion Girl. The only issue you'll run into, is the bodyslide preset. Trying to match your CBBE preset to look like your Fusion Girl preset, or vice versa, since they use different sliders. This is where downloading something like Josie or MTM or other bodyslide presets that support both Fusion GIrl and CBBE come in handy.

Otherwise, it's completely doable. Build your outfits with CBBE, build your body with Fusion GIrl. Won't have any skin texture glitches, as they share the same skins, so you'll be set. All bodies for Fallout 4 use the same textures (with the exception of Wonder Body, Vanilla, and I think Jane Bod), so go crazy with mix and matching if you want.

Thank you kindly this helped me 3 years later lol.

Do you know if there are any MFFF or MFFFF animations?  There are a handful of MMMF which are great but my crew would love some variety in partners.  Thanks!