Need help, noob here

I have tried to get this modding thing going, I have vortex downloaded and running, I have the skse or w/e it is installed, the following mods are enabled.

fnis data

skyui

alternate start

fnis 7.6

xp32 skeleton

unofficial Skyrim patch

and sexlabframework

wheb I start the game I’m stuck in the front of a cart looking at a messed up horses ass, the cart isn’t moving.

can anyone help me get this going?

7 minutes ago, Leadrx said:

I have tried to get this modding thing going, I have vortex downloaded and running, I have the skse or w/e it is installed, the following mods are enabled.

fnis data

skyui

alternate start

fnis 7.6

xp32 skeleton

unofficial Skyrim patch

and sexlabframework

wheb I start the game I’m stuck in the front of a cart looking at a messed up horses ass, the cart isn’t moving.

can anyone help me get this going?

Start a modded game with LAL

>>> Avoid the vanilla start <<<

=> it's slow and you want to test a lot and start new games

=> mods are still loading while your on the carriage, also the scripted vanilla start can get stuck depending on what mods you have installed. Even worse mods can get stuck because of the vanilla start (some need you to do at least one save/reload cycle to update or activate themselves)

=> changes on creatures, furniture, physics and SOS effect the cart

=> mods that swan creatures/hostiles near helgen can make a clusterfuck out of the intro scene

1 minute ago, donttouchmethere said:

Start a modded game with LAL

Avoid the vanilla start

=> it's slow and you want to test a lot and start new games

=> mods are still loading while your on the carriage, also the scripted vanilla start can get stuck depending on what mods you have installed. Even worse mods can get stuck because of the vanilla start (some need you to do at least one save/reload cycle to update or activate themselves)

=> changes on creatures, furniture, physics and SOS effect the cart

=> mods that swan creatures/hostiles near helgen can make a clusterfuck out of the intro scene

ok im a total noob here, how do i start with LiL instead of the vanilla? 

Just now, Leadrx said:

ok im a total noob here, how do i start with LiL instead of the vanilla? 

If LAL is installed correctly you would start a new game right in LAL Prison and never see the vanilla start scene.

I hope you:

> start skyrim from vortex and not with the launcher

> have SKSE installed correctly (manually not via vortex)

> don't mix LE with SE

1 minute ago, Leadrx said:

how do i make sure i have skse installed correctly?

im terribly sorry im such a noob

THIS IS FOR LE

I have no clue about SE

Just use the SE SKSE version but the same process:

No Skyrim modding without SKSE!

What does it do:

Grabbing:

• grab SKSE from here: SKSE

Installing:

• I use the installer packet, but @CPU pointed out that the installer creates registry entries => that means, best to install SKSE manually from the 7z archive

Manual Installing:

1. unzip downloaded SKSE file
  2. Copy the following files to Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\:
    • skse_1_9_32.dll
    • skse_loader.exe
    • skse_steam_loader.dll
  3. The "src" folder is only useful for programmers, most users can ignore it.
  4. Copy the files from the skse data folder to Data\Scripts\ folder of your installation. The .pex files are needed by all users of SKSE.
  5. If you create mods, copy the .psc files in Data\Scripts\Source\ into the Data\Scripts\Source\ folder of your installation. The .psc files are only needed if you have the CreationKit installed and intend to create or compile Papyrus scripts.
  • ALTERNATIVE: just drag and drop the skse data folder onto your skyrim folder =D

also check this topic out:

04. Skyrim Script Extender

Spoiler

Now that MO is linked to our Nexus account and most settings have been changed to our preferences, we’ll start to add mods into MO. And the first one is no other than our beloved Script Extender (SKSE from now on). We’ll do a mixture of install with MO and outside of MO. This is because SKSE has both files that MO can handle, and files that cannot be handled by MO.

04.1 Checking Skyrim SE / SKSE version and download

Go to https://skse.silverlock.org/ and check the “Current SE build x.x.x (runtime x.x.xx): 7z archive” file. Note the numbers version mentioned there:

138990270_SKSE01.png.5ada2803c69064eb365da3c39edfcd95.png

At this point we’ll need to check the Skyrim SE version we have installed (this is the “runtime”). Because SKSE must be updated after each game update (thanks Bethesda), we need to match our Skyrim SE version with the SKSE version. To check your Skyrim SE version:

1. Go into your Skyrim SE folder (…\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition).
  2. Right click on SkyrimSE.exe and select "Properties".
  3. Go to the “Details” tab and check the “Product version”.

1177286993_SKSE02.png.16d3c35848e06ca2c58e7cdae8940790.png

For example, in the current SKSE release, it says 2.0.17 is for runtime 1.5.97, which is what we should have (as shown in the screenshot taken at the time of writing this guide). After checking we have the proper Skyrim SE version for SKSE, we can continue. As a reference, here is the version correspondence between some of the latest Skyrim SE and SKSE releases

[Runtime] / [SKSE]

• 1.5.62 / 2.0.12
  • 1.5.73 / 2.0.15
  • 1.5.80 / 2.0.16
  • 1.5.97 / 2.0.17

In the near future, when new versions are released you'll have to check the info in the official Script extender website (https://skse.silverlock.org/).

04.2 Installing SKSE

Download the "Current SE Build 7z Archive" and extract it into a temporary place (like your desktop or any other easy to access folder). We need to move the files from the downloaded SKSE file into two different places. We'll start with the files that cannot be installed through MO. These are the .dll and .exe files, they must be placed outside of the “Data” folder, which is why MO can't handle this part of the installation.

1. Extract the downloaded file.
  2. Select skse64_x_x_xx.dll, skse64_loader.exe and skse64_steam_loader.dll.
  3. Move (cut & paste) these 3 files into your Skyrim SE folder (...\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition).

1408869019_SKSE03.png.16d3b12e598b046d947cf947b6f005ae.png

it's for MO users, but the basics you can see are right anyways!

6 minutes ago, Leadrx said:

im not even sure what to do to fix this lol. would uninstalling and reinstalling skyrim wipe it to a clean slate so i can re do it?

no, just delete the wrong SKSE files and install the right SKSE files

I means - yes - if you kill the whole skyrim folder lol.

But I think it's easier just to delete the wrong SKSE files and install the right ones.

just compare the files in the downloaded skse folder (zip) to what you have installed in skyrim/data and delete those.

After that follow the description of dontknowdontcaredontask

Ok, I got that mostly figured out, now I’m trying to load in presets with race menu, but none of the presets are showing up.

they are all xml file types, while my saved face preset is a jslot type, how do I make these presets compatible?