Help with HDT-SMP and LE

Hello,

I may have missed a forum entry answering this, but everything I have read has just confused me more so I have to ask.

I play legendary edition and I've been using hdt-pe since I first discovered modding which has been a few years now. I've been seeing some new outfits that have smp as a requirement that I would like to have in game. I'm having issues figuring out how to install smp correctly to where my current armors still move and jiggle normally as well as my hairs.

I know smp is skinned mesh physics and that it can make things like skirts and cloaks move instead of being rigid and PE mostly makes things jiggle. Simple summary of the difference from what I understand hopefully that is right.

Could someone please explain thoroughly to me how to do it and which mods I should use? Simple(as possible) and thorough would be helpful. xD

29 minutes ago, Aiya said:

Could someone please explain thoroughly to me how to do it and which mods I should use? Simple(as possible) and thorough would be helpful. xD

This says plainly you should not SMP, because SMP is literally do it yourself physics, and anyone preaching "AIO" is an idiot.

14 hours ago, 27X said:

This says plainly you should not SMP, because SMP is literally do it yourself physics, and anyone preaching "AIO" is an idiot.

So basically because I don't have extensive knowledge on how to write the file(s) and I don't already know everything about smp. I shouldn't try at all? Just be stuck with pe while a lot of the new stuff I am seeing seems to be made for it now. Only mods I have even seen for smp are on nexus and the one link I found for here was a AIO from a old tutorial and the link given is a dead end. I'm trying to learn more that is why I made this post.

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2020 at 6:04 PM, Aiya said:

Hello,

I may have missed a forum entry answering this, but everything I have read has just confused me more so I have to ask.

I play legendary edition and I've been using hdt-pe since I first discovered modding which has been a few years now. I've been seeing some new outfits that have smp as a requirement that I would like to have in game. I'm having issues figuring out how to install smp correctly to where my current armors still move and jiggle normally as well as my hairs.

I know smp is skinned mesh physics and that it can make things like skirts and cloaks move instead of being rigid and PE mostly makes things jiggle. Simple summary of the difference from what I understand hopefully that is right.

use this mod for the armors and hairs and body stuff https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77445

and all its requirements!!!