[SOLVED] FACE ME! and ARREST ME!

These are two queries I pose:

FACE ME!

How can one script an NPC to turn and face the player, and this without the use of an AI package.  In old Morrowind it was possible if I recall (a modding guide actually providing an example).  But I do not see any command that allows you to make an actor turn and face a direction with Oblivion.

ARREST ME!

Okay, I know that when the player's bounty hits 5000, the guards start coming.  Or if you perform one of the five specific acts of criminality build into Oblivion, they get alerted.  But I'm trying to make something a criminal act that warrants them to come after the player/offender for arrest.

Any help on figuring out how to solve these issues would be appreciated.

Guards "talk" to the player if they see that you do a crime. If you steal  ( and you had no other bounty )  and guard see the player he will arrest you.

Or if you set rape as crime ( not good if you use Joburg, the guards will kill a lot of NPCs )   or only the rape spell is crime ( spell is only used by the player )

So it should be possible to set a "action" as crime.

Or:

The immoral guards come and  talk to the player.  But only the Mod guards.

You could create some guards, put them in in a "waiting cell"

A quest checks the situation  and if you want the guard you  use "move to  Player" command ( with distance   e.g. MoveTo player, 1024, 0, 0   )

And with Ambush AI Pack or a Token like the "After Sex talk" token the guard wii talk to the player.

--------------------

face:

Wasn't there a command? A command so that NPCs look at a ref ( a ref object like a statue  or a ref NPC/creature )

Edit: found it

Target looks towards referenced object

Look ObjREF   in NPC script

NPCref.Look ObjREF   in Quest script

It's used in the Vanilla     MartinScript [SCPT:0004980F] 

He looks to XMarkers during his speech  befor the big Bruma-Oblivion-Gate battle. It simulates that he looks to the left and right part of the army.

There is also a stoplook command in the script.

Hope it works with Player ao NPC ref

Most NPC look at the player when they are near.

And when say talk to  you when you are near ( You shit about your skills and attributes )

You could use

npcREF.SayTo Player  DialogID

And you use a empty dialog

But it is all head tracking. Of course they turn the body when they stand with their backs to the target.

I gots mah spell effect solved!   :cool:

Yeah, the StopLook works fine.   I had to make sure the 'victim' actually looked at the player if it detected the player was the one who cast the ... ill effect.  The spell I designed cannot be flagged "HOSTILE" because it can work on the player and unaware victims alike without calling the guards.  So I needed to come up with a way to make the victim actually see you and get pissed and thus... trigger a HOSTILE system.   I ripped the detect level crud from the Dark Brotherhood gang's detection script, and added some extra conditions like disposition to the player.  After that,  casting it on an aware victim that doesn't like the player...  *BOOM*  ...the victim STOPS... LOOKS... POINTS (relatively around your direction)... and. calls you a fuckin' bastard!   Yeah, I'll make the dialog a bit more random and  vanilla-ish.  :P

That would get a guard's attention, right?   Only if the HOSTILE triggered system works.  :blush:  Then the will  guards to come after you

Guards are immediately attracted to the player when the bounty goes up to 5000 septims.  So... I set the my HOSTILE system to set a 5000 Septim bounty!  Meh, I know.   It sounds harsh.  The actual crime is only 1000 Septims, but that's not enough to attact them.   But after I set the bounty, I also added a token to the player's inventory.  The token has a script attached which  removes the token after one second is up.  Not only that, the script also removes 4000 Septims from your Bounty.   This one second delay is enough to make the guards come running for your ass and lowers your bounty so the crime is only 1000 septims.  ;)

The only drawback to this is if a guard catches you before the  one second is up!  If you're caught beforehand, you're stuck with a 5000 fee.  :scream:

Well, if that's the case you were either damn stupid or clumsy.  :lol:  BUT... it's the only way I could navigate this little dilemma (unless a faster method is available).