Help with mesh!

tamai

8 minutes ago, tamai said:

I am trying to make it so i fall down the well but its like there is some invisible thing there is there a way i can fix that?

Impwellimproved.nif 33.26 kB · 0 downloads

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.0c810216a44fbe4e87f63fb07edb8042.png

The mesh i am using used to have a board over it i deleted that and it acts like its still there.

Yeah, it is called a collision object.  And remodeling them is a pain in the ass.  You can just remove it, but then you will walk right through the entire thing, sides and all.  Also, tampering with it may cause the game to crash.

15 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Yeah, it is called a collision object.  And remodeling them is a pain in the ass.  You can just remove it, but then you will walk right through the entire thing, sides and all.  Also, tampering with it may cause the game to crash.

yea i dont wanna remove it completely i just need to figure out how to edit it then ><

17 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

No easy method that I know of.

Also, more like a couple of days, not 6 years.

I only say that because it took me about 3 months to try to figure out out to import and export a mesh out of blender to skyrim and i still never was able to figure it out so I say im being pretty generous with that estimate lol

That´s it:

-a well without the top-collision

-a lift to rescue the victim back out of the hole (you can make this to become only working by a lever, if you make this a door (activator) without naming it under Creation Kit

How i did it:

I loaded the well into 3dsmax and stored it after welding the mesh and after adding the original mesh-form as collision, then exported it , opened it with NIFSCOPE and added the BSX file for the object (static) 130, is the common flag amount.

The lift is more tricky: I lended the crate from another well and created a suiting collision, which is more narrow to improve that the characters won´t slip thru it.

I exported both and so I have the mesh and it´s collision side-by-side.

For this function, I use an older skyrim miner´s door, add a helper´s node (with which you can edit the overall height of the crate and it´s action-way, and build the wanted assets into that older vanilla door. I then animated the open and close-height and exported both single animations with 3dsmax as well. Inside of NIFSCOPE i put both into the original nif-file (the mine´s door) and replaced the older animations with mine.

The tricky stuff is to build in successfully the animation, so that it´s working in skyrim-there´s a workaround somewhere in my past posts.

The height of the lift-way can be edited: you can let the way to become more longer and increate the time, so to fit also to deeper wells, or you can take this original to create lifts for different player´s homes or whatever you like. Also horses can be lift-up into the air-that´s no problem.

(the lift is for downloading more bellow-available....)

ImWell-Dangerous.JPG

Impwellimproved .nif

16 minutes ago, t.ara said:

That´s it:

-a well without the top-collision-a lift to rescue the victim back out of the hole (you can make this to become only working by a lever, if you make this a door (activator) without naming it under Creation Kit

OMG YOU"RE AMAZING!! I will see if i can do that :D appreciate it ill send you pics if i get it working

edit: image.png.de6886b6449e44d988f9af92217c9e6e.png

1 minute ago, tamai said:

OMG YOU"RE AMAZING!! I will see if i can do that :D appreciate it ill send you pics if i get it working

Thank you-I did not test the stuff-if something is not running how you await it, let me know it at once:-))

?‍♀️

2 minutes ago, t.ara said:

Thank you-I did not test the stuff-if something is not running how you await it, let me know it at once:-))

thank you! so is it okay I message you if I have troubles? dont want to bug you ^^

zazImpwellcrateLift.nif

50 minutes ago, tamai said:

thank you! so is it okay I message you if I have troubles? dont want to bug you ^^

I added a suiting Editor Marker to the lift-the orange box shows you in CK, where the crate is moving up-and down....

For first steps you can add the crate as a door and NAME it .....you can also define a key for it, or you let the name away (second line there) and use only a LEVER for it´s use....linking to a lever should be easy.

You go from the DOOR/activator TO the lever for a LINK.

If you let the name for the door away, you then can only open/close it by the LEVER.

Some stuff can not be linked by using all the forms-there´s lot of activators, which depend on correct linking with dedicated levers, which carry the correct scripts.

(sorry, I had to edit THIS last message-I had an error inside of the crate´s collision !!! and the linking to the lever was wrong-now it´s updated and I tested it successfully)->please replace the last crate lift with this one

crate ,with editor marker.JPG

CrateAsDoor.JPG

linking a door to a lever-one of some possibilities.JPG

TESV 2020-04-18 17-06-48-95.jpg

TESV 2020-04-18 17-06-38-25.jpg

TESV 2020-04-18 17-06-30-68.jpg

TESV 2020-04-18 16-58-55-04.jpg

>< I am having troubles

30 minutes ago, t.ara said:

(sorry, I had to edit THIS last message-I had an error inside of the crate´s collision !!! and the linking to the lever was wrong-now it´s updated and I tested it successfully)->please replace the last crate lift with this one

okay ill do that but the lever i chose, it wont activate or move even when its connected

image.png.5c904eb1cbfa382635170a1afda38d06.png

ill try again thank you you're like soo amazingly nice!!

34 minutes ago, tamai said:

>< I am having troubles

okay ill do that but the lever i chose, it wont activate or move even when its connected

image.png.5c904eb1cbfa382635170a1afda38d06.png

ill try again thank you you're like soo amazingly nice!!

no stress, you have added quite wisely-your lever (it´s your own and new model!!) needs to have this scripts-you can add the scripts inside the MAIN edit window of the lever...so both scripts BECOME it´s COMMON equipment.

And the way of linking is FROM THE WELL-TO THE LEVER....and you choose inside the SMALL edit-window the type of linking:  ACTIVATE PARENTS -others might work also, this one I have checked some minutes ago. You can of course add different levers (how much you like) here in this window. This is at least for simply TRY and TEST-until you have your wanted configuration ready to play.

YOU can also add that necessary scripts to the SMALL edit-window of the LEVER-in that case is the lever not being touched by it´s original script...if you do so, you simply SWITCH off the script of it´s origin, so it is marked with a RED MINUS, that it has been "deleted" inside the small edit-window-and then you can add inside the small edit window both necessary scripts-both versions are working-the second version protects the lever to KEEP it´s old original defined SCRIPT, then.

This original-switching off for scripts, which are not used in a special way, I showed up in the last picture. This is handled for stuff, which is extraordinary used in a DIFFERENT way, "once" only.

That smaller window, which I named SMALL "edit"- window is the reference-window in CK....

That "main-edit-window" means to me to be that window, which is opening if you have created that NEW asset, like "furniture", "activator", "door"...and others.

lever-with-this-scripts.JPG

switching-off-the original-scripts of an asset.JPG

Archived