SIMS 4 UPDATED INSTALL ISSUE!

hello to anyone who can help me! I was about to play sims 4 when the notif popped up that I needed to install the updated version of the wickedwhims mod. I downloaded the updated patch and went to start the game. When it started it said that I had too many files and I needed to delete the old one. I did and accidentally deleted the wickedwhims sims 4 script and turning thinking it was those two that needed to be removed. I went to play the game again and it's saying that i need the wickedwhims script mod, I have no idea where that is located! I clicked the download link on the turbodriver website and it only directs me to the updated whims patch. Please help me find the link to download the wickedwhims sims 4 script and show me which files to remove and replace with the new updated patch! I would really appreciate it!!

First, remove all WickedWhims files from your Mods folder.

Then download WickedWhims again, for example from LoversLab, and put those files into Mods (you only need the one archive that's not marked as optional for WW to work):

Simply follow the instructions for manual installation, these are almost foolproof (I mean, even I managed to install the mod that way).

ok it's still not working. on the instructions it says to delete all mods that involve the wickedwhims. I did that now I installed the updated patch, when i go to start the game it says that the wickedwhims script mod is missing. when i try to find the link to download the script again its nowhere to be found. what am I supposed to do cause i am very confused right now. 

2 minutes ago, Slavitie said:

ok it's still not working. on the instructions it says to delete all mods that involve the wickedwhims. I did that now I installed the updated patch, when i go to start the game it says that the wickedwhims script mod is missing. when i try to find the link to download the script again its nowhere to be found. what am I supposed to do cause i am very confused right now. 

The script mod file should not be more than one folder deep. So it should have the following path: The Sims 4---> Mods ---> Wicked Whims (the file named .TS4script should be inside along with the other files you get when you unzip the download folder) 

Ok its still not working. where is the new update supposed to go? Cause when it's just the new patch and i start the game it tells me i need the TS4script and Tuning package. Then when I add the script and tuning package back it says i have too many versions of wickedwhims. 

3 hours ago, Slavitie said:

where is the new update supposed to go?

The update is supposed to replace the WW version you already have. You download the one .zip file that's not marked as "[OPTIONAL]", find the .package and .ts4script files inside, and copy them into your Mods folder (where you have WW installed). Throw away the old files, only keep the new ones.

48 minutes ago, Crashdown117 said:

The update is supposed to replace the WW version you already have. You download the one .zip file that's not marked as "[OPTIONAL]", find the .package and .ts4script files inside, and copy them into your Mods folder (where you have WW installed). Throw away the old files, only keep the new ones.

I already have it working but thanks for the info! 

• 1 month later...

Hello. When I download this mod, I find the wickedwhims mod carpet and the video, but I don't find the Optional Windows Auto Installer.bat. Please, can somebody give the Auto Installer?

Thanks you so much!

4 minutes ago, Luum said:

Hello. When I download this mod, I find the wickedwhims mod carpet and the video, but I don't find the Optional Windows Auto Installer.bat. Please, can somebody give the Auto Installer?

Thanks you so much!

It was removed from what I can tell. I thought I was seeing things when I downloaded, but Turbodriver removed it. As long as you don't bury the script file the mod should work.

On 6/2/2020 at 11:42 PM, RUASim21 said:

It was removed from what I can tell. I thought I was seeing things when I downloaded, but Turbodriver removed it. As long as you don't bury the script file the mod should work.

The scrip file exist, and the package file exist too. The problem is that there isn´t the Optional Windows Auto Installer in the compressed folder

8 minutes ago, Luum said:

The scrip file exist, and the package file exist too. The problem is that there isn´t the Optional Windows Auto Installer in the compressed folder

That's what I was talking about. You don't need the installer. 

9 hours ago, RUASim21 said:

That's what I was talking about. You don't need the installer. 

Ok. But, when I enter in the game, the scrip file is missing. What can I do?

Thanks you for your attention