mods won't delete.

For some reason even if I add new mods to my folder, they aren't showing up in the game. I have deleted everything out of my mods folder, restarted the game, tried to repair the game and everything is still showing up in my startup mods? Im so confused why nothing new will work, and nothing old will delete? 

You could try deleting localthumbcache.package. People say to delete that any time you make a change to your mods, but I would be surprised if it could have this much impact. Are you sure there isn't somehow a second The Sims 4 folder that the game is drawing from (like maybe in the Documents folder of a different user)? That seems like a plausible hypothesis for why new mods wouldn't show up as well as old ones not going away.

7 hours ago, juniperomghurryup said:

For some reason even if I add new mods to my folder, they aren't showing up in the game. I have deleted everything out of my mods folder, restarted the game, tried to repair the game and everything is still showing up in my startup mods? Im so confused why nothing new will work, and nothing old will delete? 

Do you use one drive? is your documents folder linked to one drive?

Archived