Creation kit deleted my entire game

Waggle132

SO I UNISTALLED CREATION KIT TO REINSTALL IT ON A NEW DRIVE AND IT DECIDED TO DELETE MY ENTIRE FUCKING SKYRIM FOLDER I SPENT MONTHS BUILDING ON. THIS IS THE 15TH FUCKING TIME IN THE PAST MONTH THAT MY SKYRIM DECIDED TO FUKING END ITSELF. TODD CAN GO FUCKING ROT IN A DITCH FOR BEING A CONCOMITANT PEICE OF SHIT.

2 minutes ago, Waggle132 said:

SO I UNISTALLED CREATION KIT TO REINSTALL IT ON A NEW DRIVE AND IT DECIDED TO DELETE MY ENTIRE FUCKING SKYRIM FOLDER I SPENT MONTHS BUILDING ON. THIS IS THE 15TH FUCKING TIME IN THE PAST MONTH THAT MY SKYRIM DECIDED TO FUKING END ITSELF. TODD CAN GO FUCKING ROT IN A DITCH FOR BEING A CONCOMITANT PEICE OF SHIT.

Bonus points for use of the word Concomitant.

But I don't a question there.

I can't begin to imagine how uninstalling CK would also remove Skyrim but the fact your game has required reinstalls 15 times in a month suggest the issue is not with Skyrim.

2 hours ago, Mez558 said:

Bonus points for use of the word Concomitant.

But I don't a question there.

I can't begin to imagine how uninstalling CK would also remove Skyrim but the fact your game has required reinstalls 15 times in a month suggest the issue is not with Skyrim.

Except the moment I unstalled creation kit my skyrim files were gone. I did nothing else in that span of time.

6 minutes ago, Waggle132 said:

Except the moment I unstalled creation kit my skyrim files were gone. I did nothing else in that span of time.

I'm not saying it didn't happen but you've tarnished your reputation to the jury by admitting all the other failures you game has had this month.

If that was those 15 failures were game being at fault no of us would be playing it. The issue is either with your system or your actions.

3 hours ago, Mez558 said:

I'm not saying it didn't happen but you've tarnished your reputation to the jury by admitting all the other failures you game has had this month.

If that was those 15 failures were game being at fault no of us would be playing it. The issue is either with your system or your actions.

Uninstalling creation kit was the only thing I did between playing it and it breaking. I am certain it is CK because the only leftover files was CK files.

I have had the same thing happen. I couldn't open the CK without it crashing and so decided to re-install it but when Steam deleted the CK it also deleted the entire contents of the folder. The most stable but heavily modded game I had to date. This has only happened once and now I keep a copy of the Skyrim folder elsewhere. I feel your pain but 15 times? Holy crap!

3 hours ago, ShivasBane said:

I have had the same thing happen. I couldn't open the CK without it crashing and so decided to re-install it but when Steam deleted the CK it also deleted the entire contents of the folder. The most stable but heavily modded game I had to date. This has only happened once and now I keep a copy of the Skyrim folder elsewhere. I feel your pain but 15 times? Holy crap!

I was exaggerating with 15 its more like 3 but still thats exactly how I feel. This version of my setup was totally stable no crash in 2 weeks of playing and I guarantee when I reinstall everything it will go back to being a crashy piece of crap.

22 hours ago, ShivasBane said:

Sure enough I reinstalled everything and now its super unstable and crashes a bunch. Who could have thought.

Capture.PNG

4 minutes ago, Waggle132 said:

Sure enough I reinstalled everything and now its super unstable and crashes a bunch. Who could have thought.

This is a vanilla install or, when you say reinstalled everything, do you mean you have added Mods?

3 hours ago, Mez558 said:

This is a vanilla install or, when you say reinstalled everything, do you mean you have added Mods?

Mods. Its working fine except for some big brained shit where everything is frozen when I load up a character (new character included) Menus work fine but everything is frozen like characters and physics except when I open the steam overlay then my character and everything unfreezes until I leave the steam overlay. 

25 minutes ago, Waggle132 said:

Mods. Its working fine except for some big brained shit where everything is frozen when I load up a character (new character included) Menus work fine but everything is frozen like characters and physics except when I open the steam overlay then my character and everything unfreezes until I leave the steam overlay. 

Is that a pic of Todd Howard?

I am assuming it is but my first thought was that it was Uriah Faber... Then a young Seinfield...

Archived