Skyrim Music Supplement

Skyrim Music Supplement adds tons of additional, high quality, immersive music to the game. It is the continuation of Skyrim Suspense Soundtrack.

NOTE: This adds music on top of the vanilla music. It is not a music replacer!

The music selection was taken from various sources, in part other TES games, other video games, and other non-game music. It is all instrumental and tends towards the more ambient and/or suspense side of music.

What this mod does

- Adds all music from Additional Music Project. I disabled the combat tracks from this mod as I found these to get annoying and repetitive rather quickly. The non-combat music of this music mod is excellent!

- Adds 16 tracks from TES 4 Oblivion, incl. atmospheres, dungeon music, and town music.

- Adds all tracks from Skyrim Suspense Soundtrack.

- Adds several tracks from TES 3 Morrowind.

- Adds several music tracks from Neverwinter Nights 1/2.

- Adds one dungeon music tracks from ESO.

- Adds various music from other sources, powerful Taiko drum tracks for combat music, ambient drones for temples, various percussive ambient tracks as tavern music.

- Adds dedicated music for temple interiors. These are all deeply meditative ambient tracks.

- Adds dedicated music for shops.

- Adds dedicated music for Bard's College.

- Adds dedicated music for houses and  cellars.

- Adds dedicated music for High Hrothgar.

- Adds new music to Soul Cairn and Apocrypha.

- Adds more silent tracks to various music types.

- Adds a total of 141 new music tracks.

Installation

Install with your mod manager of choice. Place the ESP at the bottom of your load so that no other mods override the music type assignments for cells.

Music Credits

Jeremy Soule, Troels B. Folmann, Frederic Motte, Rik Shaffer, Ian Livingstone, Evil Blue Koala, Steve Roach, Lucia Wong, William Orbit, SEWRR Music, Yoh Chu Sha, Flute Ninja, Karunesh, A Produce, Robert Rich, et al.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/07/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    Skyrim SE + All DLCs
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Thanks for the mod, trying this instead of Celtic Music + Extreme Skyrim Music, NWN soundtracks are heart-warming. Should notice though that either it is not a replacer or music set is not full, some vanilla tracks remain. Probably gonna stick with this one for some time if not on regular basis.
If you'll continue the work on this one I can recommend looking into adding HoMM3/4 and Aielund saga music from NWN1, they would fit cool, especially Aielund epic battle song for civil war.

The LE .esp doesn't seem to work, I've tried installing in every way I can think of and no luck, I've tried installing the main file then the .esp file after it to overwrite, then I tried playing with the main file present but deactivated with only the LE .esp active (Some mods require that kind of set-up), and finally I tried merging the LE files into the main one, overwriting the .esp while leaving the .bsa present.

Either way, Mod organiser shows the file as not being for Skyrim LE and the game won't even open while the file is active. :( 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 4:43 AM, Obamaisded said:

How do I install this (audio mods in general) without killing my fps? Because everyone time I dl this my fps dips 20 fps.

Music mods have in general no impact on FPS whatsoever. All music in this mod is in a non-compressed BSA, all tracks are encoded as engine-native XWM format. It must be something else that causes your FPS drop.

On 4/8/2020 at 5:28 PM, AnonAngelion said:

The LE .esp doesn't seem to work, I've tried installing in every way I can think of and no luck, I've tried installing the main file then the .esp file after it to overwrite, then I tried playing with the main file present but deactivated with only the LE .esp active (Some mods require that kind of set-up), and finally I tried merging the LE files into the main one, overwriting the .esp while leaving the .bsa present.

Either way, Mod organiser shows the file as not being for Skyrim LE and the game won't even open while the file is active. :( 

Hm I haven't tested the LE esp yet to be honest. it was provided by Swe-Divx. I think the BSA is still SSE-packed. Could you try unpacking the BSA and see if it works with unpacked music tracks only?

If that doesn't help you could back-port the esp yourself easily by loading it into the LE CK and re-save the esp.

On 4/8/2020 at 3:59 AM, CyberGox said:

Thanks for the mod, trying this instead of Celtic Music + Extreme Skyrim Music, NWN soundtracks are heart-warming. Should notice though that either it is not a replacer or music set is not full, some vanilla tracks remain. Probably gonna stick with this one for some time if not on regular basis.
If you'll continue the work on this one I can recommend looking into adding HoMM3/4 and Aielund saga music from NWN1, they would fit cool, especially Aielund epic battle song for civil war.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will give your recommended music choices a listen!

Thank you for this, it's fantastic!  I'm using it with the Unoff. HD Audio Project and it really improves on the tired old music of the game.  Going into someplace like say, Elberhard Mine can now sound - ominous.    No issues at all on my end.  Great job, excellent choices, much appreciated.

17 hours ago, fritzfried said:

Thank you for this, it's fantastic!  I'm using it with the Unoff. HD Audio Project and it really improves on the tired old music of the game.  Going into someplace like say, Elberhard Mine can now sound - ominous.    No issues at all on my end.  Great job, excellent choices, much appreciated.

Thanks fritzfriedGlad you like the music choices! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Issue report, this mod has a lot of conflicts with mods which overwrite Cell record, it either prevents other mods from functioning properly or just won't work itself, depends on load order.
This issue require either proper patching or complete mod redesign.

Spoiler

1118997366_.png.a638462063849d627209f804e38c2e20.png

Also for whatever reason it also attempts to modify weather data.

Spoiler

858794782_.png.c8b8839664ce22eeede4d7440c97d57e.png

On 5/5/2020 at 11:30 AM, BreadDain said:

Issue report, this mod has a lot of conflicts with mods which overwrite Cell record, it either prevents other mods from functioning properly or just won't work itself, depends on load order.
This issue require either proper patching or complete mod redesign.

Reveal hidden contents

1118997366_.png.a638462063849d627209f804e38c2e20.png

Also for whatever reason it also attempts to modify weather data.

Reveal hidden contents

858794782_.png.c8b8839664ce22eeede4d7440c97d57e.png

That is just how music is applied to the game, that is how it is done in all music mods. The weather data edit is there to change the music in some areas. This isn't an issue and the mod doesn't need to be redesigned.

37 minutes ago, Fatal said:

It's not necessary to edit cells in order to put music in one, enough to add TNAMs in already existing Music Type record which are already applied to certain cells by vanilla. Changing music type just changes music theme set inside of a cell. User still have to create a patch because of cell overwrites, and it is not stated in mod description, means, it's an issue, unexpected behaviour in certain situations.
Extreme combat music mod or Celtic Music, for example, don't edit any cell records in order to make custom music play.

Spoiler

1219274427_.png.4fb833fdd9680ad96132a0a515a308fb.png

On weather - ignore what I said, it happened just because of the design, weather was copied from vanilla.

On 5/6/2020 at 8:21 PM, BreadDain said:

It's not necessary to edit cells in order to put music in one, enough to add TNAMs in already existing Music Type record which are already applied to certain cells by vanilla. Changing music type just changes music theme set inside of a cell. User still have to create a patch because of cell overwrites, and it is not stated in mod description, means, it's an issue, unexpected behaviour in certain situations.
Extreme combat music mod or Celtic Music, for example, don't edit any cell records in order to make custom music play.

Reveal hidden contents

1219274427_.png.4fb833fdd9680ad96132a0a515a308fb.png

On weather - ignore what I said, it happened just because of the design, weather was copied from vanilla.

What you reported, the image shows an edit for the XCMO of Markarth Temple. The mod adds unique music to temples "Adds dedicated music for temple interiors. These are all deeply meditative ambient tracks." This is the only way to do this, by editing the actual cell. The music mod examples you mentioned don't do this.

On 5/10/2020 at 9:16 PM, BreadDain said:

Still it is being a subject for patching

This mods - as stated in the description - adds several new music types such as houses, temples, shops, etc. For these to only be played in those cells edits have to be made to the cells. Unfortunately the engine doesn't allow for music type edits and exclude other data of a cells. same old story as always with Skyrim's engine/ ESP format.