Help merging clothing

Zuriax

Hey Loverslab I'm trying to merge two pieces of clothing from two different mods (for personal use) in outfit studio so I can use both at the same time in game but I don't really know how to or if there's an easier method altogether (like changing what slots these pieces use).

Is it possible to merge the mesh file for a pair of boots (HN66s' EasyGirl) with the bodygen of the barefoot Modular Vault suit mod? I've seen videos that do something similar for Vanilla outfits but I get clipping and no sliders when I open my botched project from outfit studio in BodySlide. 

I also tried using FO4edit to change what slot one clothing piece is using but Shoes and Full outfits both use slot 33-BODY and changing to another slot causes clipping.

Also, how do I get my bodyslide preset to transition with a project when I open it up in outfit studio? When I open the nif mesh from HN66s' mod in OS it has my preset but opening the Vault Suit from bodyslide to OS gets me a basic cbbe body.

Any help would really be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Zuriax said:

Hey Loverslab I'm trying to merge two pieces of clothing from two different mods (for personal use) in outfit studio so I can use both at the same time in game but I don't really know how to or if there's an easier method altogether (like changing what slots these pieces use).

Is it possible to merge the mesh file for a pair of boots (HN66s' EasyGirl) with the bodygen of the barefoot Modular Vault suit mod? I've seen videos that do something similar for Vanilla outfits but I get clipping and no sliders when I open my botched project from outfit studio in BodySlide. 

I also tried using FO4edit to change what slot one clothing piece is using but Shoes and Full outfits both use slot 33-BODY and changing to another slot causes clipping.

Also, how do I get my bodyslide preset to transition with a project when I open it up in outfit studio? When I open the nif mesh from HN66s' mod in OS it has my preset but opening the Vault Suit from bodyslide to OS gets me a basic cbbe body.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Probably you need to open easy girl project, add project with suit, delete body from suit project, if all looks good save

57 minutes ago, Indarello said:

Probably you need to open easy girl project, add project with suit, delete body from suit project, if all looks good save

I saw a youtube video on this.  Might search for it.  I have tried it about 5 times, one of which worked, and that one was using the add project.  I ended up with two bodies, but fixed that by deleting the body as suggested above.  the sliders come from the reference.  if both projects are the same body, like CBBE. then the Cbbe body is the reference.  If you need to convert from whatever to your body, then you need the conversion reference, as the base body.

Thank you for the replies guys.

So I tried what Indarello suggested. I opened the easy girl project in outfit studio first and then dragged/dropped in the bodygen for the modular vault suit. After using the brush to adjust the meshes of the boots, suit, and the body I got the first screenshot in Outfit studio. The boots shift up in bodyslide for reasons I don't understand but it fixes the feet sticking out  for me :D

So everything looked pretty good but the problem is that once I open my new outfit in Body Slide I get some major clipping :( 

Arcturus, both of these mods are CBBE (at least I think) but I'm not sure why they aren't working together well (maybe because the vault suit mod is a bodygen file? What even is that?). I saw a similar video to yours that added High Heels to a Vanilla outfit by simply opening the two projects in OS and then deleting the extra body. I was kinda hoping this would be as easy but I'm having issues.

Outfit Studio.png

Body Slide.png

2 hours ago, Zuriax said:

Thank you for the replies guys.

So I tried what Indarello suggested. I opened the easy girl project in outfit studio first and then dragged/dropped in the bodygen for the modular vault suit. After using the brush to adjust the meshes of the boots, suit, and the body I got the first screenshot in Outfit studio. The boots shift up in bodyslide for reasons I don't understand but it fixes the feet sticking out  for me :D

So everything looked pretty good but the problem is that once I open my new outfit in Body Slide I get some major clipping :( 

Arcturus, both of these mods are CBBE (at least I think) but I'm not sure why they aren't working together well (maybe because the vault suit mod is a bodygen file? What even is that?). I saw a similar video to yours that added High Heels to a Vanilla outfit by simply opening the two projects in OS and then deleting the extra body. I was kinda hoping this would be as easy but I'm having issues.

Outfit Studio.png

Body Slide.png

Search how to create zap slider, and create it for part you need to hide

So I figured part of my problem out. Hitting conform all got me much better clipping once I opened my outfit in Bodyslide. Now I just need a way to get my Bodyslide preset into outfit studio so I can clean up the remaining clipping on the mesh. Do I have to use the OS sliders or can I transfer my preset somehow?

Body Slide 2.png

the Preset is in bodyslide.  you use it to build the outfit AFTER, you do everything in outfit studio.  The body in outfit studio will be the base CBBE body.  use the CBBE physics body if there are physics

I am not an expert, but you could try this.

Load the project for the outfit in ourfit studio.  

Load the CBBE body as reference. or CBBE physics

Conform all sliders.  

Set base body reference(just below conform all sliders)

use brushes to fix outfit so no skin showing thru

Conform all sliders

Copy all bone weights 

save project

in bodyslide, build in game with your preset you want and with the Morphs box checked.

See what is looks like

Good luck LOL

Blind leading the blind ARC

Archived