Trails of Cold Steel 3 (Mod Request)

1719639260_AllieJuna1_lowres.png.021d444a122ab38ea7e5d56d3a9cf38a.png

Photo Credit: @Whayameen

Here is a new version of my compatibility wrapper for using @coomi's nude mods with my skirt delete mod!  This version adds compatibility with coomi's latest update (for Hajimari) and fixes CS3 compatibility.  I have removed support for the older mod as it is no longer available; only coomi's mod is available now.

The download (and install guide) is available on the CS4 thread:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3832221 (EDIT: Link update to version 3.5)

(Be warned: At the bottom of the post, I have links to many many screenshots.  They are from CS4, so avoid if you don't want spoilers.  My post is safe though, there are no spoilers there.)

By the way, I'm guessing no one is still playing CS3...  I went into it to take some screenshots today and found the nude mods didn't work.  I have no idea when the game was updated, but I guess nobody noticed.  Still, I love this game, and I hope more people will discover it!

Edited by amorrow28

cs3_free_camera_image.png.497d9b6bcb1566bcbbf25d21bdc02852.png

I've backported Cyber's excellent CS4 free camera script to CS3.  (Cyber did write a CS3 script, but it was not a free cam script.)

NEW VERSION 1.1: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/141087-trails-of-cold-steel-3-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3856750

CS3_Free_Camera.CT - OBSOLETE

How to use:

Taken from Cyber's description.

Force Pause Animation
Must be activated first. In-game press F5 to pause the animation and F6 to resume the animation.

Set Field Min Z to zero
Normally the camera is restricted from going below waist-height.  This lowers the limit to the floor.

Hide Field HUD
Hide the user interface. Hotkey: F7.

Hide Battle HUD
Hide the battle user interface.

Disable Dialogue
Turn on to hide the speech bubble and text or speech bubble in cutscenes or when talking.  Turn off again to be able to advance the scene.

Increase Tilt Limit (Field)
Increase tilt limit to min -89 degrees and max 89 degrees.

Disable Tilt Limit (Battle)
Disable camera tilt movement restriction during battle.

Free Camera
Activate camera status first! Hotkey : Num 0 (Toggle On/Off)

After activating the script player can use the following hotkeys
Num 8 : Forward
Num 5 : Backward
Num 4 : Left
Num 6 : Right
Num 8/Num 4 : Forward/Left
Num 8/Num 6 : Forward/Right
Num 5/Num 4 : Backward/Left
Num 5/Num 6 : Backward/Right
Num - : Up
Num + : Down

Arrow Up : Tilt Up
Arrow Down : Tilt Down
Arrow Right : Pan Right
Arrow Left : Pan Left
Num 9 : Roll Right
Num 7 : Roll Left
Num 3 : Set Roll to 0

F1 : Decrease Camera Speed (Press and Hold)
F2 : Double Camera Speed (Press and Hold)
F3 : Quadruple Camera Speed (Press and Hold)

Unlock Rotation - Battle (Optional)
Activate ONLY when mouse/pad can't be used to do rotation during certain animations in battle. Allow player to do rotation using Arrow Keys.

Unlock Rotation - Cutscene (Optional)
Activate ONLY when mouse/pad can't be used to do rotation during cutscene. Allow player to do rotation using Arrow Keys.

Note:
Disable Free Camera and Unlock Rotation (Num 0) to restore camera coordinates and movements to the character.

Note: I managed to port just above every camera feature from CS4; the only thing missing is hiding the buff/debuff status during battle when you hide the HUD.  I can't quite find the correct function to knock out.

Edited by amorrow28

I'm about halfway through CS3 personally. I started playing the games since @coomi's nude mod came out, but I had to get through CS1 and 2 too. Not to mention catching up with the Liberl and Crossbell games.

I did notice that the towels were sometimes broken, but not ALL the time. I figured everyone just left CS3 in the dust, since CS4 and Hajimari had all the activity, especially considering that only New Class VII can use the Bathing Clothes without using that hacky method, which I didn't care enough to put the time into using.

Not to mention that my tastes are picky, and @coomi's mod has a couple too many issues for me to want to use it for a long time. Personally I prefer @lakovic's mod, since it's more faithful to the original body proportions, and seems to have fewer clipping issues. But that one doesn't have CS3 support built in.

Plus, Since I already played CS1 and 2 without any mods at all. I was content with just the UnSkirt mod for CS3, before finally using @lakovic's still evolving mod whenever I got to CS4.

All of that is why I didn't decide to mention the issue. But hey, nice to see it got an update after all anyway.

3 hours ago, Tehman4 said:

I'm about halfway through CS3 personally. I started playing the games since @coomi's nude mod came out, but I had to get through CS1 and 2 too. Not to mention catching up with the Liberl and Crossbell games.

I did notice that the towels were sometimes broken, but not ALL the time. I figured everyone just left CS3 in the dust, since CS4 and Hajimari had all the activity, especially considering that only New Class VII can use the Bathing Clothes without using that hacky method, which I didn't care enough to put the time into using.

Not to mention that my tastes are picky, and @coomi's mod has a couple too many issues for me to want to use it for a long time. Personally I prefer @lakovic's mod, since it's more faithful to the original body proportions, and seems to have fewer clipping issues. But that one doesn't have CS3 support built in.

Plus, Since I already played CS1 and 2 without any mods at all. I was content with just the UnSkirt mod for CS3, before finally using @lakovic's still evolving mod whenever I got to CS4.

All of that is why I didn't decide to mention the issue. But hey, nice to see it got an update after all anyway.

I'm pretty sure there's a version of Coomi's mod that has their canon body proportions.

42 minutes ago, undeadclown99 said:

I'm pretty sure there's a version of Coomi's mod that has their canon body proportions.

Coomi's mod is a mod of Switch608's mod, which makes the girls closer to their canon body proportions. Switch608's basically had the same body shape for every girl included, If I understand correctly. So Coomi's mod IS the version with canon body proportions.

Like I said. I'm picky. Despite Coomi's efforts, it's still not perfect enough for my tastes. It's the minor things, like their Shoulders being too broad, their Skin Tone being off, the Butt being smaller, just to name the biggest examples. It still looks nice, and I still prefer it over the default game's towel, so I have it on in bathing scenes for example. But I don't like it enough to have the Bathing Clothes on in every scene in the game.

I like lakovic's better because they more or less just took the already existing body made by the actual devs of the games, and made it naked. They also took the time to map out each girl's cup size, in order to keep them as close to vanilla as possible. Though I'm currently unsure if they put as much care into the rest of the body, it at the very least looks to be the same proportions all around, when compared to the base game.

While the modelled genitals of Coomi and Switch608's mods are good, they don't make or break a nude mod for me. I realize it's a bit ridiculous to say this, but, it's the things that break my immersion that will ruin a nude mod for me.

And I want to reiterate that I don't think Coomi or Switch608's mods are bad. They both put in too much effort for that to be the case. I'm just that asshole who's too picky to be satisfied with it, while also being too lazy to bring it up to my standards by my own hand.

Edited by Tehman4
39 minutes ago, Tehman4 said:

Coomi's mod is a mod of Switch608's mod, which makes the girls closer to their canon body proportions. Switch608's basically had the same body shape for every girl included, If I understand correctly. So Coomi's mod IS the version with canon body proportions.

Like I said. I'm picky. Despite Coomi's efforts, it's still not perfect enough for my tastes. It's the minor things, like their Shoulders being too broad, their Skin Tone being off, the Butt being smaller, just to name the biggest examples. It still looks nice, and I still prefer it over the default game's towel, so I have it on in bathing scenes for example. But I don't like it enough to have the Bathing Clothes on in every scene in the game.

I like lakovic's better because they more or less just took the already existing body made by the actual devs of the games, and made it naked. They also took the time to map out each girl's cup size, in order to keep them as close to vanilla as possible. Though I'm currently unsure if they put as much care into the rest of the body, it at the very least looks to be the same proportions all around, when compared to the base game.

While the modelled genitals of Coomi and Switch608's mods are good, they don't make or break a nude mod for me. I realize it's a bit ridiculous to say this, but, it's the things that break my immersion that will ruin a nude mod for me.

And I want to reiterate that I don't think Coomi or Switch608's mods are bad. They both put in too much effort for that to be the case. I'm just that asshole who's too picky to be satisfied with it, while also being too lazy to bring it up to my standards by my own hand.

We like what we like, nothing wrong with that.  Honestly during my playthrough of CS4, I only used my own mod to the end, mostly because I'm also picky (and I don't get much out of nude mods).  I played CS3 mostly unmodded except for Cyber's camera script, and I figured out how to hack skirts in CS4 literally because there was no "min Z to 0" script for the game.  ?  My philosophy was that I wanted to see what the Falcom artists had put under there, and had little desire to change what they made.

I wrote the compatibility wrapper as a favor to a fellow member here, and it kind of blew up.

Anyway, I'm glad you are enjoying Unskirt Mod at least, and you definitely have a lot of mods to look forward to with CS4.  It's honestly the most active Falcom thread here, even over Hajimari.

• 2 weeks later...

Trio4.png.a0853a433b89403490575fb59b2f607d.png

Photo Credit: @Whayameen

Here is a new version of my compatibility wrapper for using @coomi's nude mods with my skirt delete mod!  This version adds compatibility with coomi's 1.4.0 update.

The download (and install guide) is available on the CS4 thread:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3832221

For those of you who cannot use these mods due to not being on PC (and also for those who can), I also have links to many many screenshots, including Whayameen's set from CS3!.

Edited by amorrow28
  • 3 weeks later...

towa_cs3.png.bb6780465afd0527b161c15f28301383.png

Here is an update to the camera script.  (Original ported from Cyber's CS4 script.)

For game version 1.06:

CS3_Free_Camera v1.2.CT

For game version 1.05:

CS3_Free_Camera v1.1.CT

New features:

• Free camera can now be immediately activated upon loading the script (no need to turn on "camera status" to get coordinates) and more gracefully handles quitting the game while enabled
  • FOV now adjustable via hot keys (Home/End, enable with F4).

How to use:

This is a cheat table for use with Cheat Engine (link).  Cheat engine comes with a bunch of garbage apps, please read VERY CAREFULLY when installing and do not install the extra apps!  (You can also get cheat engine without adware via Dark Byte's Patreon, or by building CE yourself from source code using Lazarus.)  If you've never used Cheat Engine, I put basic instructions on loading a table here in the Kuro no Kiseki thread.

Features:

• Force Pause Animation: Must be activated first. In-game press F5 to pause the animation and F6 to resume the animation.
  • Set Field Min Z to zero: Normally the camera is restricted from going below waist-height.  This lowers the limit to the floor.
  • Set Custom Field of View: F4 to enable. Press Home to zoom in, End to zoom out.
  • Hide Field HUD: Hide the user interface. Hotkey: F7.
  • Hide Battle HUD: Hide the battle user interface.
  • Disable Dialogue: Turn on to hide the speech bubble and text or speech bubble in cutscenes or when talking.  Turn off again to be able to advance the scene.
  • Increase Tilt Limit (Field): Increase tilt limit to min -89 degrees and max 89 degrees.
  • Disable Tilt Limit (Battle): Disable camera tilt movement restriction during battle.
  • Free Camera: Press Num 0 to toggle on and off.  Controls:

Num 8 : Forward
Num 5 : Backward
Num 4 : Left
Num 6 : Right
Num - : Up
Num + : Down

Arrow Up : Tilt Up
Arrow Down : Tilt Down
Arrow Right : Pan Right
Arrow Left : Pan Left

Num 9 : Roll Right
Num 7 : Roll Left
Num 3 : Set Roll to 0

F1 : Decrease Camera Speed (Press and Hold)
F2 : Double Camera Speed (Press and Hold)
F3 : Quadruple Camera Speed (Press and Hold)

Enjoy!

Here are all my other free camera scripts:  Trails of Cold Steel (CS) 1, CS2, Hajimari no Kiseki, Kuro no KisekiKuro no Kiseki 2, Tokyo Xanadu eX+Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, Atelier Ryza, Atelier Ryza 2.  I also made a MinZ (*cough* upskirt) script for CS4.

Edited by amorrow28

Hey y'all, screenshot guy #2 here. I'm back with another set of screens, this time focusing on Cold Steel 3. I started this one thinking it would be a quick job with maybe 20 or 30 screens, but I ended up taking 250 of them! This took way longer than I thought it would but this album ended up being my best one yet, so I'm satisfied! As always, this was possible thanks to our talented resident modders @amorrow28 (camera script, model swapping tools) and @coomi (nude models)! Enjoy!

890502732_Towa(8).png.0fd239bed4f4335b2cad37fa3caea116.png1592753220_Bath(3).png.3bf6dcbf5a7c6d96139c6334b4fb9b6c.png1092899194_Juna(18).png.8f9fbe7063efddcdc676210eeafcf218.png1252501436_Musse(27).png.2ea94f0fc78261916bc135781050efb2.png

------------------------------>  CScreens0.rar<------------------------------

Fun fact: I had to swap some characters with Celine (so they weren't in frame for a few scenes) and discovered what Satan looks like in Zemuria. Open at your own discretion.

Spoiler

576738651_AidiosAbomination(1).png.2a840ee1b0e01cf5965da55a875ad146.png627625393_AidiosAbomination(2).png.a901043b29bd9a6b3f05a9719df7567e.png1916771689_AidiosAbomination(3).png.3f8cf1d09fd5d78561191a310ea52140.png

Edited by Whayameen

YESSSSS! @Whayameen you've done it again! So many new favorites.

I too would have the same reaction.  If this were canon, loyalty to Elie would definitely waver.  ? (Lau's restraint, on the other hand, is impressive!)

Spoiler

1141702458_AlisaEmma(2).png.2bcc02610d03888fe23a0b091e4126a3.png

Bokeh!!!  (so pretty...)  Seriously, my version was garbage.

Spoiler

1616103680_Bath(8).png.550e32e80d3c166291aac07a3af9aece.png

Distracted cameraman = ball to the face

Spoiler

846752411_Juna(5).png.937db63d28c18c4c8abd8113e1f56ff2.png

I see what you did there!

Spoiler

1322305861_Juna(23).png.1e8af46dacce7baa0be06698f1de52fc.png

Thank you sir, for the scene we all wish Falcom had made when we got to this part of the game.

Spoiler

207774037_Musse(10).png.acc88310c7f18f2e8eb553cb01e993cc.png

I feel guilty for peeking in like this...

Spoiler

859515718_Towa(8).png.dc27bb1fff958afabde9930216673cf6.png

(From the spoiler folder) Phew.  Thank goodness I'm not the only perv here.  ?

Spoiler

1597094502_Caught(4).png.925526551cf645b94a015ad02002a225.png

(From the spoiler folder) You have no idea how much I struggled to get any screenshots from this scene for my earlier post.  At first I was like, wtf?  Then I remembered I didn't have a free camera with freeze frame at the time, haha.

Spoiler

2125172931_Dance(12).png.75394868d235ef3741512c895c872717.png

(From the spoiler folder) That, uh, wasn't the original camera angle, was it?  ?  (I checked, no it wasn't...)

Spoiler

1250590408_Rescue(9).png.512eda3599d224e82034ea0f89fd0b9c.png

(From the spoiler folder) Ok, seriously, I swear there were men in this scene originally.  ?

Spoiler

1765808048_Reunion(3).png.238402b46220f7924710a265414d8ed7.png

Seriously, everyone needs to download this!

• 2 months later...
On 6/6/2022 at 7:57 PM, amorrow28 said:

So @Switch608 and I have been messing around with asset swapping (injection) in the Hajimari thread, and I decided to try to use the technique to put more nude mods into CS3.  And it works... pretty well actually!  Well, when it wants to.

742120857_2022-06-0616_41_33-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteelIII_SteamEnabled_GoGInited.png.560f154acb22ee426ad6e170f79a68ea.png

This basically takes the nude mods by @coomi work with more models in CS3 by replacing the CS3 default models with the CS4/Hajimari Towel-wearing models.  You will need to install the basic mods (the CS3 version of my UnskirtMod as well as my compatibility wrapper), all information can be found here:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3832221

Beware - this is NOT for the faint of heart.  There are a lot of steps here.  Also, you should know that while this works pretty well, sometimes CS3 just refuses to load the transferred assets and you end up with floating heads, no bodies.  I can't figure out why, but the best I can figure out is that it needs to load normal assets first, then the new assets (I think these costumes are all secondary costumes that borrow assets from the primary costumes.  Since we're replacing the primary costumes, that doesn't always work out.)  If you get floating heads, just re-inject the default files, reload your saved game, and try injecting again.

Finally, this is achieveable by taking assets from CS4 (10 of the girls) and Hajimari (Claire and Vita).  So you need to have those games too.

UPDATE: Please use injection files version 1.1 for Coomi mod v1.4.0 and above.  Instructions below updated.  (Also, use wrapper v3.5+)

CS3 injection files v1.1.7z 19.3 kB · 131 downloads

CS3 injection files.7z - OBSOLETE

(This download package contains my python scripts as well as new .ini files for the nude mods.  Installing the new .ini files is exactly the same as that for Juna, Altina, etc from the link above.  It does NOT contain assets.)

Ok, here we go...

If you followed all my steps, then pat yourself on the back and enjoy the view!

Reveal hidden contents

1004016043_2022-06-0615_37_02-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteelIII_SteamEnabled_GoGInited.png.464260ea7829413a3b4b991f3063133d.png

(Cedric does not look happy to see what's going on here...)

Hello, sorry to bother. I noticed you mentioned that when replacing assets CS3 seems to not load them sometimes, resulting in floating heads. I've tried to replace Sara's model quite a few times and it just doesn't seem to work but the fact that it loads in the menu feels even more bizarre to me. I'm pretty sure I followed your instructions exactly but I apologize if I missed something.

2022912511_ed8_3_pc.exeScreenshot2022_11.19-10_42_45_45.png.8f5af80d22f00b6dc1fdaa01f5eab87b.png

8 hours ago, tonim said:

Hello, sorry to bother. I noticed you mentioned that when replacing assets CS3 seems to not load them sometimes, resulting in floating heads. I've tried to replace Sara's model quite a few times and it just doesn't seem to work but the fact that it loads in the menu feels even more bizarre to me. I'm pretty sure I followed your instructions exactly but I apologize if I missed something.

2022912511_ed8_3_pc.exeScreenshot2022_11.19-10_42_45_45.png.8f5af80d22f00b6dc1fdaa01f5eab87b.png

I have not solved this problem, and I do not know how to solve it.  It is not a problem of installing the files, there is something incompatible and I do not know what it is.

40 minutes ago, amorrow28 said:

I have not solved this problem, and I do not know how to solve it.  It is not a problem of installing the files, there is something incompatible and I do not know what it is.

I see, I appreciate your reply regardless and thanks for the other work you have done :)

On 6/4/2022 at 1:25 AM, amorrow28 said:

776214033_Emma1.png.2ea0fac6cb4e24395fccf7914e818f10.png

Here's an update for my CS3 mod!  It was pretty much complete even at version 1.1, so this update really only includes a few things that I could backport from my CS4 mod update.  Still, it's a nice update.

CS3_UnSkirtMod_v1.2_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z 16.91 MB · 631 downloads

NOTE: PLEASE DELETE THE PRIOR MOD (delete the Mods/UnSkirtMod folder), OR THERE WILL BE ERRORS.

Instructions for compatibility for @S_S_Majin's nude towels mod is included in archive, just follow the included directions (does not come with the mod).  Information on compatibility with @coomi's nude mod here:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3832221

Both nude mods require the Bathing Towel costume, which you get via New Game Plus.  I included a save file for NG+ - see the README on how to use; know that it overwrites whatever you have in slot 200.  If you are in the middle of the game and don't want to start over, you can use cheat engine to give yourself the costume.

Enjoy!

I was able to get the mod to work but it appears to break controller support and I really prefer to play these games on a controller. Is there a resolution for this? I got the nude mods and the unskirt mod working but the controller issue is annoying.

8 hours ago, Batmayn69 said:

I was able to get the mod to work but it appears to break controller support and I really prefer to play these games on a controller. Is there a resolution for this? I got the nude mods and the unskirt mod working but the controller issue is annoying.

Try turning off steam overlay and disabling steam input.

49 minutes ago, Batmayn69 said:

That worked. Thank you!! Also does anyone happen to have an NG+ save that doesn't have a stat boosted Rean? I found an NG+ save but Rean's stats are jacked up.

If you don't want the stats/levels and want to play the game like a normal new game you can just tick some settings when starting the NG+ like not ticking carry over level and equipment.

16 minutes ago, XeLuig said:

If you don't want the stats/levels and want to play the game like a normal new game you can just tick some settings when starting the NG+ like not ticking carry over level and equipment.

I did that but somehow Rean still has 10000 hp and jacked up stats at start of game. Idk why this happens. I don't see any way to remove that.

34 minutes ago, XeLuig said:

Hmm, no idea. That's a strange thing

Okay, I figured it out. Due to bonding points and other factors in the first play through that carries over no matter what and boosts Rean's stats. Does anybody know how to cheat engine the towel costumes into a normal file? I can't figure that out.

3 hours ago, Batmayn69 said:

Okay, I figured it out. Due to bonding points and other factors in the first play through that carries over no matter what and boosts Rean's stats. Does anybody know how to cheat engine the towel costumes into a normal file? I can't figure that out.

DrummerIX has a table with override item on purchase:

https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=11932

I described how to use it here in the CS1/CS2 thread:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/197070-trails-of-cold-steel-1-and-2-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3866442

On 6/4/2022 at 1:25 AM, amorrow28 said:

776214033_Emma1.png.2ea0fac6cb4e24395fccf7914e818f10.png

Here's an update for my CS3 mod!  It was pretty much complete even at version 1.1, so this update really only includes a few things that I could backport from my CS4 mod update.  Still, it's a nice update.

CS3_UnSkirtMod_v1.2_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z 16.91 MB · 636 downloads

NOTE: PLEASE DELETE THE PRIOR MOD (delete the Mods/UnSkirtMod folder), OR THERE WILL BE ERRORS.

Instructions for compatibility for @S_S_Majin's nude towels mod is included in archive, just follow the included directions (does not come with the mod).  Information on compatibility with @coomi's nude mod here:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3832221

Both nude mods require the Bathing Towel costume, which you get via New Game Plus.  I included a save file for NG+ - see the README on how to use; know that it overwrites whatever you have in slot 200.  If you are in the middle of the game and don't want to start over, you can use cheat engine to give yourself the costume.

Enjoy!

So I was able  to get Rean's Stats to normal by using Cheat engine. I had one last question Millium has a nude model butt she does not seem to be able to change her costume to the bathing towel. Is there some way to do that?