Mods stopped working randomly

Hey guys,

So I played Ts3 on the 17th with no issues. On the 18th I added some cc, and the 19th i tired playing.... the game starts fine but none of my mods are working.  my game now plays the start up video, if i open a game it is completely broken bc nothing shows up.  i have my resource file... i deleted all new cc so my game is technically restored to how it was on the 17th and it still loads playing as if there is not mods folder.  is there something im missing as to why my mods would stop working?

Thanks in advance 

First thing I'd ask is the patch version the same, or did you get 'stealth' patched beyond 1.67/1.69 ?

Side note: Origin won't run on older Windows versions as of a few months ago. Non-sequitur made a post about it.....

It has to be something simple, all things being equal. We know games don't change themselves without an outside influence.

While you 'admit' to making changes, and then retracted those, something else has to have been effected. Mind if I ask which mods you added, and removed? The whole business sounds sordid, and reminds me of the 'one time' I tried to make some changes to one of my HUGE merged packages - Boy did THAT make my game (saves) go bonkers.

On 3/22/2020 at 11:06 AM, RichieKing said:

my resource.cfg must've became corrupt or something.

Weird, since it's just a text file. But I've seen stranger things.

On 3/20/2020 at 4:55 PM, RichieKing said:

I added some cc

Just curious: how did you add that CC?  (Were they sims3packs or packages?)

Looking at the info you provided, I'm suspecting you didn't check with the sims3dashboard for conflicts, and what you installed conflicted with something you already had.  I've had far too many sims3packs (from both 'the exchange' and 'TSR' come with extra crap that broke my game to trust anything w/o heavily checking).

But, beyond all that, the thing this sounds more like is that the CC you grabbed was for TS2 or TS4 (the dashboard will report ts2 packages, but not ts4... so I get bit in the ass occasionally b/c of that).

Anyway, just trying to future-help others who may find this thread in a few months & wonder. :)  

On 3/24/2020 at 2:49 PM, jdw6 said:

Weird, since it's just a text file. But I've seen stranger things.

Just curious: how did you add that CC?  (Were they sims3packs or packages?)

Looking at the info you provided, I'm suspecting you didn't check with the sims3dashboard for conflicts, and what you installed conflicted with something you already had.  I've had far too many sims3packs (from both 'the exchange' and 'TSR' come with extra crap that broke my game to trust anything w/o heavily checking).

But, beyond all that, the thing this sounds more like is that the CC you grabbed was for TS2 or TS4 (the dashboard will report ts2 packages, but not ts4... so I get bit in the ass occasionally b/c of that).

Anyway, just trying to future-help others who may find this thread in a few months & wonder. :)  

The CC added were all packages for TS3, and everything is currently working fine. 

Once the game load normally (modded)  I closed it down.   Re-added the CC I tried adding in the first place and started it back up.  Everything is in game and works fine so it wasn't an issue with the CC installed.

It is weird thinking its the Resource cfg.  but that's what made everything work again so I'm sticking to it lol

Archived