View File

-Flawn's Argonian Overlays-

For all of your two-tone lizard needs!

(Make sure you enable face overlays in "SKSE\Plugins\nioverride.ini")

("SKSE\Plugins\skee64.ini" if you use SSE)

Capture.PNG.df8e15e3338fdadd69ba9e13a5199dd0.PNG

Here are some neck and torso overlays you can apply to your argonians. (or anyone really, they're only overlays after all)

These overlays were made with my other mod in mind, but they will work with other retextures just as well.

Special thanks to Dark Shasion for making some of the base-work for this

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/15/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    Racemenu
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

View File

1 hour ago, Flawn said:

(Note: you will have to fiddle with the neck colour to get it to match the torso colour.)

That's because you included the head paints only as warpaints - warpaints use the same system to apply tints as any other facetint while RaceMenu "paints" use its own method.

You'll need to make head paint versions of the warpaints if you want them to be easily matched (and have the ability to have glow maps). There's not really a good reason not to include head paint versions either since you can just include both, like I did with the shark head stripes etc.

Head overlays being warpaints also means they get up/downscaled to whatever is specified in your skse.ini (or to vanilla 256x256 if not defined) which is another reason to include paints.

7 hours ago, Flawn said:

unless I can find a way to apply overlays to the schlong too (is that even possible?)

Nope, not possible. Overlays only work on body, hands, feet and head, any other extra body parts (tails, wings, schlongs, etc.) are excluded from the system. So yeah, you would need to have them fade out right around the crotch hole.

4 minutes ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

I downloaded the updated version and the face paints disappeared, I reverted back to the old version and they reappeared

The old one used the vanilla warpaint system for the neck overlays, now they use racemenu's facepaint system. The colour will match now without any fiddling. You can find them in the "facepaint" tab now.

11 hours ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

there is no "facepaint" tab either

Enable face overlays in nioverride.ini, it's bundled with RaceMenu.

image.png.ec4f5a1233e8c24a643233c30e88fb59.png

12 hours ago, Flawn said:

The old one used the vanilla warpaint system for the neck overlays, now they use racemenu's facepaint system. The colour will match now without any fiddling. You can find them in the "facepaint" tab now.

You can supply both warpaint and overlay versions since they are not mutually exclusive, it's just recommended to at least supply paint version if they are meant to match with body since as you probably noticed yourself, warpaint is nigh impossible to have exactly match the body due to different systems.

I didn't bother with warpaint ones with the horse ones since they were all supposed to match the body but that's up to author.