NiNode Updater / Botox invisiblity and hair fix

WHAT

This mod applies the SKSE QueueNiNodeUpdate on female NPCs.

WHY

It seems to fix the problems with Botox NPCs turning invisible or having hair parts misplaced on their body. See attached images for examples.

HOW

Automatically - Every female NPC in the cell is refreshed at the interval set in the MCM.

Manually - Pressing the assigned hotkey will refresh the currently targeted NPC. If none is selected everyone in the cell is processed.

PERFORMANCE

In automatic mode the NPCs are only processed once per cell-visit by the help of custom factions.

Aliases are used instead of a cloak effect to apply the scripts (as for why see here).

Notes

While made and tested for the Botox mod in mind it should work on any other NPC suffering the same problem.

The "Mod Active" toggle in the MCM only applies to the automatic scanner. The hotkey will always work.

This will not fix Botox NPCs causing CTD, that's because of the broken or missing meshes in certain releases.
Mod was tested with the hdt-tweak, see image below. Depending on your system that, this mod or both together might be necessary.

Recommended HDT tweak.jpg

I'm wondering if this might fix an issue I've been having with NPC's going invisible when Sexlab Cumshot effect seems to get stuck as enabled?  I don't use botox, but the other seems to be an issue that always happens to me when I use it (or Follow me for Sex, which has similar features built in).

Do your scripts reference any objects by the form IDs in your mod?  I was considering compacting this for ESL compatibility.  Maybe something to consider on future updates?  I'm at capacity with regular plugins.

Thanks!

The SexLabFramework source says the effect is a shader

Spoiler

;/* ClearCum
* * Removes existing cum EffectShaders.
* * @param: Actor ActorRef - The actor you want to remove any trace of cum from the skin, it will actually remove the EffectShaders from the actor.
*/;

SKSE64 says QueueNiNodeUpdate works on meshes and textures

Spoiler

; Updates an Actors meshes (Used for Armor mesh/texture changes and face changes)
; DO NOT USE WHILE MOUNTED

So my (very) uneducated guess is that it wont.

You do a quick test by running the "setnpcweight" console command on any NPC with stuck stickiness. It executes an update similar to the QueueNiNodeUpdate I believe so if that gets it off this mod might too.

Never bothered esl-ing my simple hacks since I've yet to get close to the mod limit. I clicked some buttons in the Creation Kit though and it spit out this, let me know if it works.

NiNodeUpdater.esl

1 hour ago, labradoorhandle said:

The SexLabFramework source says the effect is a shader

Hide contents

;/* ClearCum
* * Removes existing cum EffectShaders.
* * @param: Actor ActorRef - The actor you want to remove any trace of cum from the skin, it will actually remove the EffectShaders from the actor.
*/;

SKSE64 says QueueNiNodeUpdate works on meshes and textures

Hide contents

; Updates an Actors meshes (Used for Armor mesh/texture changes and face changes)
; DO NOT USE WHILE MOUNTED

So my (very) uneducated guess is that it wont.

You do a quick test by running the "setnpcweight" console command on any NPC with stuck stickiness. It executes an update similar to the QueueNiNodeUpdate I believe so if that gets it off this mod might too.

Never bothered esl-ing my simple hacks since I've yet to get close to the mod limit. I clicked some buttons in the Creation Kit though and it spit out this, let me know if it works.

NiNodeUpdater.esl 3.81 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks.  I'll give this a try.  If you decide to make this a regular offering (assuming an update, or you put it on your main download page), rename it to a .ESP while leaving the ESL flag intact.  This allows users to place it anywhere in their load order a regular .ESP would go.  .ESL is like naming it .ESM.  The game engine will force it to load above all the regular ESPs.  Doesn't matter unless something else is overriding some aspect of your plugin.  In those cases, being .ESL will prevent a user from moving the other mod above yours (unless it is an .ESM or has the ESM flag) or placing yours lower/last.  ESL-flagged ESP plugins are the most versatile.

Considering the script comments you included, I take it your mod suspends operation when the actor is mounted...or does SKSE64 take care of that condition?

Riding NPCs are excluded through conditionals on the aliases. It's faster than doing scripted checks. Currently using IsRidingMount to exclude anyone mounted.

Haven't had any problems myself but don't use horses or other types of mounts for NPCs/followers myself so it's not tested much. There's another condition

IsOnMount that easily could be added as well if something slips through the cracks.